• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Eden: The New Frontier

Started by Terring7, December 13, 2010, 11:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Wohoo, 100 posts! Congrats on making it to the Best sellers &apls
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

rooker1

Congrats on 100 posts and here is to many, many more.
It gives me great pleasure to move this MD to "The Best Seller section"!!!
&apls &apls

Congrats from myself and The SC4D Staff!!
Call me Robin, please.

Tomas Neto

Congrats on 100 posts and welcome to the Best Sellers!!!   &apls &apls

Terring7

And yes, my M.D. is finally a Best Seller! Big thanks to everybody!! &dance &hlp &bis&
And this is only the beginning ;)

Tomas Neto, bat, Reikhardt, io_bg, rooker1 and Tomas Neto again: Big thanks my friends &dance &dance !! Now let's get out of here and visit the Zero-G night club on Phobos, for great beer and dance until night ;D

Update 24: EcoTechnoLogic

"We won't have a society if we destroy the environment."
Margaret Mead

The colony is almost ready. All I need is to make the barren surface more realistic and add some extra details. Maybe some workers homes or something very cool. Anyway. Welcome to Respect-8!

Respect-8 is the very first Martian colony with a biodome. This colony has a huge park with plenty of trees under the biodome, surrounded by high-tech industries.

Respect-8 symbolise the need of co-exist of nature and technology. Let's be honest, technology isn't something exotic. Technology made by Sims. Sims are humans. Humans evolved by ape-like animals and so on. Even some animals have technology, like some birds that use stones like hammers to brake eggs. Human technology can, and should, co-exist with nature.

This colony mixes 3 kinds of natures, the Terran, the Martian and the Transhuman. The biodome symbolize the Terran nature, like the trees and the birds. The barren outside of the colony symbolise the Martian nature, like the Martian bears and the Martian trees. The laboratories in the between symbolize the Transhumanistic nature.

Some of the factories here creates cybernetic and genetic prosthetics, like synthetic skin, quantum brains and extra durable bones. If we have the technology and responsibility we need, why not upgrading ourselves? This is the Transhumanistic nature, that includes advanced SimMartian and not only. There are also research laboratories that seek for ways to create new life forms. Robotic animals? Brand new species of plants? Bring them all!

Other factories creates goods like smart homes, cars, robots e.t.c.. We can also see skyscrapers of Terran and Lunar corporations and Martian services, as well as shops for the workers.

Notice those tree-like structures? Factories emits some gases, where some of them can be useful for the terraforming project. Those structures collects those gazes, in order to study them and maybe making them useful. It's a kind of "reusing".

Time to see the utilitiesof Respect-8. Here are the power plants, a small solar collector and some electrostatic "batteries".

This is the water department, that contain water pumps and cleaning devices.

And this is the waste management, with biomass burners and recycle centres.

And yes, it's time to visit the highlight of Respect-8, the bio-dome!!

To enter the bio-dome, all you need is to drive into 1 of the 4 airlocks. Then start walking, without spacesuit this time, or riding a horse.

Or take the subway ;D

This is the central quantum computer of Respect-8, a new part of the Planetary Cybernated Government Network.

The bio-dome has some extra utilities, including a water pump and a geothermal power plant.

The bio-dome is a truly paradise with plenty of flowers, butterflies, trees and birds. You may also see a few bears, foxes and other animals.

Speaking for birds, here is a bird watching tower. The Terran birds adapted very quick on Mars, thanks to the low gravity. However Mars will not be forever a red, barren world. After terraforming, how the birds may evolve into the distant future? It's too soon for the answer, so stay tuned.

Watching birds is not the only thing you can do. Picnics, camping, swimming and others thing that you can also do. Of course the low gravity of Mars brings some... interesting effects ;D

Respect-8 will not be the only colony with bio-dome. More bio-domes are coming soon. Please stay tuned and thank you for helping in evolving my M.D. into a Best Seller ()flower()
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Reikhardt

The answer to all the world's problems.... Exile Britney Spears to Mars  &apls  &apls

Good update sir!  :thumbsup:

io_bg

That dome is huge :o Nice update too :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tomas Neto

Wow..., fantastic update again!!! Great!!!   :thumbsup:

noahclem

Wow, awesome update Elias!  &apls &apls  That biodome is just amazing and you've told the story of the colony brilliantly, right down to the Britney Spears pics  :D

Congratulations on reaching the Best Sellers!

Jmouse

Congratulations on behalf of the OSITM committee and the SC4D staff. You've created a stunning "New Frontier" and everyone is eager to see what surprises you have to offer this month!

bat

Congrats on the OSITM!
Also wonderful new update. :thumbsup:

Tomas Neto

Congrats on the OSITM my friend!!!   &apls &apls

noahclem

Congratulations on a well-deserved OSITM Elias!  &apls &apls

rooker1

Congrats!!
Quickly moving throught the ranks here of the Recently Published section to Best Sellers and now you can be found in OSITM!  Huge updates with great pics of something very unique in my opinion, all make for pleasureable viewing.  Great work and I look forward to seeing what else you have for us this month.

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

nedalezz

Congrats on both, the Best Sellers title and the OSITM!

This is definitely one of the most creative MDs out there - in fact, I dont remember there being another Mars MD done remotely as well as yours.

The update was great - I really enjoyed the BioDome pics :)

jacksunny

That BioDome is incredible!!!  &apls

Congrats on your OSITM!

ricardomiranda

1- Fantastic Update Terring !

2 - Congratulations on 100 comments !

3 - Congratulations on OSITM

4 - I am very happy to be your colleague in this month OSITM

Battlecat

Congratulations on being selected for OSITM!   &apls &apls

Your latest update is simply stupendous! 

Reikhardt

Congratulations Terring, keep up the good work!

Terring7

Best Seller and O.S.I.T.M.. What else? ;D ;D
I should thank everybody, but I have a better idea. Let's celebrate it in Zero-G nightclub, just opened on Phobos. Cold beer, great music and all night dancing. It's party time!!! &dance &dance &dance

Oh well, THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYBODY

Reikhardt: Bring her to Mars. We are the SimMartians. We take what we like on Mars, we let what we hate on Earth. Resistance it futile! ()borg() ()flamdev()
Glad to see that you like it :)

io_bg: Thanks :) . The Terra Dome is perhaps the largest building ever made for Simcity 4. It's so large that you need a medium or big city tile to build it ;D

Tomas Neto: Thanks :)

noahclem: Thank you very much :)

Jmouse: Thanks!!  &bis& I'll give my best ;)

bat: Thank you &blush

Tomas Neto: Thank you my friend &blush

noahclem: Thank you &blush

rooker1: Oh my, thank you &blush

nedalezz: Thank you &blush . I made a small research about SimMars M.D. in SC4D. There are no active M.D. with SimMars elements. Perhaps there is one or two inactive M.D. with SimMars stuff. Evillions made a great City Journal with brilliant Martian colonies and Terran cities. But a 100% Martian M.D. on SC4D except Eden? No. The only 100% Martian city journal was The colonization of Mars by gonzalo mrales in Simtropolis, but it's inactive for about 1 year &mmm

jacksunny: Thank you &blush

ricardomiranda: Thank you my friend &blush . I'm also happy to be your colleague in this month O.S.I.T.M.. Red Sea and Eden are something truly unique, because sea cities and Martian colonies aren't so common.

Battlecat: Thank you &blush

Reikhardt: Thanks &blush

Update 25: The Symphony of Destruction!

"I'm keep going in creation... by destruction!"
Terror X Crew (Greek hip hop band)

As you may notice, all my colonies are surrounded by custom made lots, in order to make the barren Martian surface more realistic. You know, rocks, dust, stones, dust and more stones ;D

But... er what! What's happen here? Where are the rocks, the plopable buildings and the other lots? Oh now, my colonies ruined :'(

Just kidding :D
Sometimes you need to destroy something, in order to to build something. This update is an interesting teaser, about a heavy project. Let's have a look...

Utilities will not be here and there any more. It's time to organize them.

New Bio-domes!!

Unique plopable building will be more unique (have a look at the base).

Upgrading the spaceports.

And now the highlight. SimMars doesn't has yet one ways and avenues, but is has streets, roads, subways and primary and magnetic rail roads. However it also has 2 other transportation systems that I didn't use... until now!

And there are will be even more improvements. The project is all about improving the colonies, from Hope-1 to Respect-8. Any idea is welcomed. More teasers are coming soon :)

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Tomas Neto

Very nice again my friend!!!  Awesome work!!!   :thumbsup: