• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kolbrow (13.10.2019 - Olsza - a mosaic)

Started by kbieniu7, October 09, 2008, 11:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman121

I would also build Yellow.

It strikes the right balance and you could always expand towards Magyar.

I have always wanted to do something like this but between modding and playing. Well there is not that much time on the clock.  &mmm

So I mod instead with the view of creating more possibilities  ;)

-eggman121

siemanthepieman

What about a completely new highway along the river all the way back to Kolbrow - keeping the high speed traffic out of not just Koszyce but also Jasien Malurski. You'd need to decide whether to cut it through Skala or go around it as you leave Kolbrow.

I never worry too much about wasting taxpayers money though, you play style might differ.

brick_mortimer

I would opt for the Red allignment for a couple of reasons:
-It would shift all the Magyar-Kolbrow traffic away from Koszyce.
-If the red bypass branches from the original Magyar-Koszyce road (the ringroad) someplace further west (on Magyar territory?), it would seperate the Magyar-Kolbrow traffic from the Magyar-Helsakoh traffic, thus decreasing traffic on the ringroad.
-The (planned) industrial estate north of Koszyce can export its goods muchy easier.
-A grade separated intersection with national road 3 is a safe option.
-The new bypass might serve as a 'focal point' for the future expansion of Koszyce industry (between the planned industrial estate near national road 3 and the powerplant?).

Depending on the amount of traffic between Kolbrow and Helsakoh, you might consider adding either the yellow or the blue extension.
If Kolbrow-Helsakoh traffic is not very substantial, the proposed upgrade of national road 3 to 2x2 between the ringroad and the red bypass will be propably be enough to handle it.

Btw, thanks again for the link to the beautiful roadside chapel  :thumbsup:
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

Mikey Knox

Quote from: kbieniu7 on May 20, 2017, 03:31:17 PM

Mikey Knox About the fields - Long ago I downloaded simple ploppable lots which were a part of 3RR stuff, but I cannot find them. Maybe somebodye else know? :???:

No Problem, it took me 1 Minute to find them, they are really nice and perfect for my Farms i am working on  :)

Nanami

I suppose lemme give a little bit of my opinion about this. (might a little bit technical)

Although in best scenario, I would say the red one will be the best but it would simply need justification for case of financial feasibility.
1. Red one will be the best as it will give full grade separated bypass which has highest capacity if:
- the traffic volumes and future demand projection between cities are large enough that smaller road wont fit it. I might refer to the future plan for the region whether the kolbrow or magyar will has a major growth or something like that. Or maybe there is a seasonal heavy traffic like holiday.
- future development on koszyce will expand closer to the old road. it might worth to just move the bypass outer side of the city/town since the city activity might interference with the inter-city traffic.
- traffic in national route 3 is it high enough that the current intersection cant handle it?
- will the other link will be improved as well? I mean if it only road near koszyce improved in current plan, it might not worth do it.
2. For the blue one it might be a good short-mid term alternative as it less costly although I would recommend to give additional lanes in the merged section between route 3 and route 4.
3. As for the yellow one I dont really see much reason to build, considering the land clearance might be costly if compared to rl.

In the end it always up to the decision/policy maker to choose between options... ;)

c.p.

I'd probably go with the red option, but I tend to like a lot of growth/development, and I'm imagining the whole northwest corner pretty heavily developed.
If you want to keep the town smallish, maybe the yellow option would get the traffic efficiently across the tile for fewer simoleans.

Patricius Maximus

I strongly recommend you build the red option. Your region viewed from afar looks lovely.

kbieniu7

Hey guys! The first news is that photobucket stopped hotlinking images, so dozens of photos from last years are not visible now :( I have copies of them on my hard drive, I'll try to reupload them later, maybe to imgur. Or maybe you have some website that you could recommend for putting images?

Anyway, it's been a long time nothing happened there. Well, thank you for all your comments, ideas and suggestions. I have read them carefully, counted the votes and decided, that we're going to build the red variant!

Yes, it's the most expensive one. Do we have some kind of EU funds? Well, maybe a bit...? :D Anyway, it's not going to be funded with city funds, but by central government.

A small problem is that I underestimated the terrain shape there. At the first glance it didn't seem to be too steep, similiar with the height difference. However, it turned out that it wasn't that flat as it looked to be and I had to built a tunnel over there. So, it might have increased the total cost a bit, as well as the final setup might look a bit weird, but I think it should work. Should it...? :D

That's the connection with the old road. There is a stream to be made under the bridge.

General lookout:

In a different part of the region, there is another road to be constructed. It's in the mountains, so the terrain is more demanding. There's only a part of developement already made, so I also marked some planned roads on the picture. There are few towns and villages to be made, which are connected with an old narrow and curvy road (national road no 7). It connects Kolbrów with all this region and goes further south to the border crossing with Kasandria (I have shown it last year). I wanted to create an expressway there, there is a "stub" already built. However, I think it's going to have just one carriageway. RHW-2 with collision-free interchanges (a bit inspired by Slovakian network, part of which I've seen this year). It would be much easier to fit in mountainous region and will separate local and long distance traffic (much lower than around Koszyce), what is a target. Just still trying to figure out how to draw it...

Full size here (google drive)

Regards!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

matias93

It's great to see the civil works advancing! And even better if the central government is helping to finance it...

About the images, some programming genius developed an addon to be able to see hotlinked photobucket images:

https://github.com/Ryan-Myers/photobucket-embed-fix

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

kelis

Fantastic update as always my friend, like the region view so much  ;D ;D

I use flickr, it is pretty easy to use and I don't think that we are gonna have problems in the future with lost images...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/119198754@N04/

This is my Simcity 4 page, as you can see all my pictures are there...
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Themistokles

Money from the central government is always good money, even if used for more roads ;)

Recognise Lanckorona over there too :D
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

911Diva

Akallan

It was a long time since we had seen your CJ, what a pleasure! The highway section is well done, with the tunnel and then the bridge, the turbo gyratory are well thought out!
I look forward to seeing what happens next! ;D
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

kbieniu7

Hello everybody! :)

Thanks for the linkie, matias93! However, I decided to move all the photos that I have backuped. I decided to move them to flickr, as kelis and korver suggested. So, thank you for your tips and the comments! :)

There hasn't been any full update lately, as usually during summer as I've seen by myself ;)

I spotted that you generally liked updates with places inspired by real life. I've already written few times that my favourite place in Poland are Pieniny mountains. There has already been an update from a nearby place [Link]. So, in this case, let's move and once again visit mountains!

It's a mixture of real town of Krościenko nad Dunajcem and other villages located by the river Dunajec, just by the Slovakian Border. The difference is, that here we do not have Dunajec, but Wirta river ;)

1. Unfortunately, there are not any buidlings or places could be compared with the instant resemblance to the reality. Most of it is just the road layout and general ambience of a small village with kind of mountainous-looking architecture of houses.

2. The market square is actually serving as a parking and a bus station. The only landmark is a small old church.

5. In reality, this place is very popular because of raft trips on the river. Among few additions that I put into the game, there are camping sites and small paved places to put small boats and canoes onto the water ;)

9. Real Krościenko is surrounded by mountains everywhere...

10. ...just as our Krościeniec ;)

To be continued. I hope to show some more shots this weeks :)

Enjoy!

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

art128

Lovely little village you've built here. Not sure about the covered bridge though but that's just a question of tastes.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Themistokles

I really like this town! It feels quaint and calm. And those shorelines are really good with just the right amount of mmps. :thumbsup:

Quote from: kbieniu7 on November 04, 2017, 12:05:09 PM
2. The market square is actually serving as a parking and a bus station.
This is so true for so many cities around the world, but also makes me so sad every time I see it. The most valuable space there is to create a feeling of place and community, and it is given over to cars that could just as well be parked one hundred metres away. :'(
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Nanami

That's a really beautiful town you have there!

I really like the details you gave on every part of the town. with some of real life picture really give the vibe of the area.

Akallan

It's very beautiful, you provide a lot of details with the MMP and the end result is beautiful. In addition, the buildings you use, the small houses W2W are very beautiful too!

Great work! ()stsfd()
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

kelis

A really beautiful town !! I always enjoy with your updates, we are visiting some nice places plenty of details and things to see.

I really like the camping in the corner of the river, what a nice place !!

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

noahclem

Great updates; I'm glad you went with the red option! Really liked the camping and boating in the other update and the region views are fantastic  &apls