• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kolbrow (13.10.2019 - Olsza - a mosaic)

Started by kbieniu7, October 09, 2008, 11:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

I could say that it is even beautiful in autumn, but I'm biased since I love these projects. :D
Looks wonderful of course. Looking at the region overview, it needs even more of these! (AND BIGGER !) :D

900 Replies!  &dance 100 to go!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kbieniu7

Hello, there! Thanks, Arthur, for a nice comment! We'll see, if we reach those 100 ;)

Today, I'll start a little bit differently. Last time I got a message from Mandarin(a). He wrote, that he was inspired by the photos I've posted in this thread, so this summer he decided to visit Poland for a vacation and see those places in real. I was very positively surprised to read that. I play this game and this particular region for quite long time. I thought, that maybe it would be better to stop it after reaching 10 years. But after reading this message, I decided, that for such an audience, it's not possible to stop, if I still could do that! :)

What is more, I've seen that many of you liked those updates, where I put some real photos, I'll try to produce some more of them. However, it might take a little bit longer. I have quite few spots in my region that I haven't shown yet, but most of them is a product of my imagination. That means, they are inspired by real places, but it's just a loose inspiration. I've got some ideas... we'll see how it will go.

So, once again - thank you, Mandarin! :)

Anyway, today I'll do such an update, but it is not of such high quality as the previous ones. I'd like to present an area located somewhere in the mountains. It's actually nothing special, but as mentioned, inspired by real place. In fact, my favourite one in Poland, that I visit every year - Pieniny Mountains.

Pieniny are a part of Carpathian Mountains, on the border with Slovakia. They are very small compared to their surroundings, but known for the beautiful views around the gorge of Dunajec River. The place, that we "visit" today is a small valley, a natural preserve "Biała Woda". I've been there only for an hour, because I didn't have much time then. Anyway, I tried to recreate the place as real as possible from what I rembember. By the way, it was the one of two places, that I tried to recreate somehow 1:1 (the other is the Main Market Square in the city centre of Kolbrów). I was 3 years ago. So long because I tried to finish and polish it more. I didn't and today I don't like the effect, because during this time, I developed my MMP's style more and there are many things and details, that I would do in different manner.

Sometimes I payed attention to really unsignificant details, like this stand-alone tree.

Looks somehow familiar? If yes, take a look at my avatar. Yes it's the same.

Yeah, my favourite tree in the world, my friends joke... and say that it fits to me well as I've got similiar tall and thin posture ;D I've put this as my avatars, partially because I liked the color tones of the landscape filled with dry grass that I saw there and pictured in the photo, partially because it was a great few days spent with friends.

For last years everywhere I go, I tried to enjoy the place... and look for the inspiration for what to make in SimCity. Sometimes I think, this game (with the communities I participate in) actually became a significat part of my life. Not just sitting in front of a computer, but redrawing my experiences, landscapes I've seen, postards I've bought and places I'd like to visit. And finally sharing all those effects with other people. Especially, with an audience, that could even go to visit that place in real.

This year I took a lot of photos, and lot of inspirations. I don't know, if I change any of them into simcity scenes, but I'll probably post themselves, like I did three years ago, somewhere in the artistic corner of the forum.

So, like always: enjoy! :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

vinlabsc3k

:o

As always this alternance between real and in-game shots are gorgeous,
but the scene with the church don't resemble the real one.
:P

&apls &apls &apls
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Silur

reddonquixote

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Themistokles

Always inspiring to see an update from you. You have really captured the drama of mountainous nature :)

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on November 11, 2016, 06:56:43 PM
but the scene with the church don't resemble the real one. :P
Agreed ;) One parking lot less makes it all the better to me. ()stsfd()
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

art128

Nice realistic scenes. The lone try might seem insignificant, but it gives charm to the area.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Mandarin(a)

Yep, scenes made with a great deal of passion are always wonderful!  &apls
You know, I could say I feel proud of myself ...

Krasner

ANARCHIST !!

kbieniu7

Hello, everybody!

Well, a while has passed... I've been very short of time last month, I just prepared and uploaded Binarowa Church by RaV for the Advent Calendar. I haven't even looked into my thread. So - thank you everybody for your comments.

And for the Chrismtas Eve... well... just like every year, but in simple manner: I'd like to wish you a Merry Christmas, to all of you :)

Vizoria

Just saw the second from last entry- HOLY SMOLY is that good terrain textures and MMPing!

Themistokles

Kolbrow is always charming, and without nightlights it gives a very special atmosphere. Merry Christmas to you too! :)

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Akallan

My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

vinlabsc3k

Don't worry for the lack of time, the important thing is to stay active in the community in any way.

And

Merry Christmas!!
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

APSMS

Lovely last two updates (I missed November's update).

Merry Christmas!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

kbieniu7

Thanks guys for kind words!

But hey, another year has passed! So, there's another summary of Galand ;)

Thank you for all your comments and advices of past 12 months. Have a Happy New Year 2017!

kbieniu7

Hello everybody!

How are you? In Poland everything is white and it's freezy, around -15C, brrrr... Anyway, do you know that just after New Year, on 2nd January, Kolbrów had its next anniversary and turned 9 years old? I planned to make a special snowy update for this weekend, but I don't feel quite good today to make a brand new one... However, I've found several photos that I wanted to post last year, but haven't done it yet.

Theese are some random views of rural areas south from Kolbrów, part of which I showed as Work In Progress updates, just by the water reservoir and the power plant.

They are randomly presented, as I had no idea where to exactly put the camera. That's a little problem for me, I made quite broad area with many details that is quite difficult to show in a manner that will not make the audience bored. And, as I found out recently, there's more of such places that I haven't presented yet. Now, I could make around 5 updates just with "unshowed outskirts", some of them hidden for 4 years.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this messy bunch of shots :)

Here is a small village of Łęg. Few meters away there is administrative city border of Kolbrów.

It lays by the river of Jaworzyna that flows from the mountains and the dam.

Jaworzyna (as well as other rivers and streams) is a tributary of Wirta.

A small part of the dam is visible in the corner of the photo.

Regards!

manga rivotra

I really like the way you draw your rivers.   :) The meanders are very realistic especially because of the work with the MMPs on the shores.
It feels like a pic from google earth. The layout of the rural area is very convincing too.
Great work !  :thumbsup:

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Themistokles