• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RRW QUESTION

Started by 0715463494, June 26, 2018, 12:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Quote from: 0715463494 on July 12, 2018, 07:28:20 AM
Hi all,i was wondering if there was a way to change the rrw texture,it seems i can find no mod to change it &Thk/(.If someone know of something,please give a solution.

Hi!

Well, there is a RRW Reskin mod work in progress, which may will be available with the next NAM as part of the NAM, and there will be a few option (2 what I know: MGB's RRW Reskin and Rivit's RRW Reskin) which you can choose from, but at a time only one type of texture can be used (so nothing like SAM as I know), and I saw reskin previews from Badsim and Simmer2 has also a RRW Reskin.
On the above link in MGB's topic you will find a google drive link where you can download the beta preview version of his Reskin version, it has an *.exe installation, i should start with that, easier to understand the different options to choose.
Rivit's version also can be found in his latest post on Simptropolis under a OneDrive link. But in this case you need to check the files and choose the option manually, like your sims are using LHD or RHD (driving side) setups, EU or US etc...

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Thanks a lot man,thought i was the stupid one,lol $%Grinno$%.So there is nothing at this time that one can replace it with then ?()sad().

Tyberius06

Rivit's and MGB's version is available and can be used and more or less they are ready, they even have some kind of rail lot texture support as well. Since it's a retexturing mod, you can change back to the normal RRW textures at anytime by removing the mod's folder. But these mods are only working with the NAM RRW option, they won't work with the game default maxis rail textures...
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

Thanks a million guys,i installed it and it looks great :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn:.Been looking for that texture everywhere and couldnt find it.Thanks again.

Hi again my friends,now i have a new problem.Can someone please explain to me whats going on here,lol.Looks like i have two different game versions.

Tyberius06

Hi!

As I can see you started to use Rivit's Reskin. I ran into the same issue with MGB's reskin. You can find information about it on this link. Above that you can see my sample pictures about the issue. But you won't need that file, what MGB gave me on that link.

But, as I see, you're using rivit's RUM for RRW mod too. Well he made a special RUM for RRW setup for his RRW Reskin and MGB's RRW Reskin too, therefore you should install that specific RUM for RRW mod which is matching with your used Reskin MOD. You can download that version of the RUM for RRW from rivit's OneDrive.

I hope it helps.

- Tyberius

mgb204

The basic problem here is that whilst it's easy to make overrides for all the various railway textures, it's a whole different story with BATs or models. The rail tunnel portals are such models and a complete set of overrides don't currently exist for them in the released version, hence the mismatch. Since Rivit has provided the textures to them which I used in my variant, I'm sure eventually this will be addressed. However, you may find other models that aren't overridden too, mostly bridges and if you have it, my rail to subway conversion lots.

Thanks again guys for your help.Looks like it is fixed now :) :) :).Appreciate it very much.