• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catalyst

Terring7

Very nice recreation :thumbsup:
But how much traffic can support? Is it efficient enough for the city?
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

APSMS

I imagine it's a mess. The image you posted belonged in a Dr. Seuss book, and Catalyst's rendition looks great :thumbsup:, but if C:S simulates weaving, then it will just be a nightmare to drive through.

Not to mention the turnarounds are completely unnecessary.

But, like I said, it looks cool. :satisfied:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

dyoungyn

I believe that this type of interchange will accomplish it's goal of eliminating a traffic signal.

When it comes to traffic congestion, well, that is  whole new story.

Gugu3

Excellent interchanges being shown here! &apls

Tarkus

Minor stability fix, major interchange build:

This one's almost possible with stock NAM 34 (the stability where the FLEXFly start is next to the diagonal RHW is the hang up), but 16 lines of code just now fixed that.

Up close and personal with the spaghetti:

Stack interchanges like this, where one of the mainlines goes above all the flyovers are out there--see the Kellogg Interchange and the Four Level Interchange in Southern California (thanks to woodb3kmaster for the research/inspiration).

-Alex

Schohns

@Tarkus: Fantastic! &apls Smooth curves everywhere, yet very compact.

I built this one today:

Tarkus

Thanks, Schohns, and nice work!  That's a nice smooth, well-engineered interchange, and I particularly like the braided setup you have going. :thumbsup:

-Alex

Alan_Waters

compdude787

Wow, that is an awesome interchange, Tarkus!!! I am glad that we can FINALLY build compact stack interchanges! :thumbsup: &apls :thumbsup: &apls
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Haljackey

That's a big sucker.

(click for full size)

eggman121

Time for my turn  ;D

Hope you enjoy!

-eggman121

Gugu3

Great interchanges both of you! &apls &apls

dyoungyn

Effman,

Great and exciting work.  I am noticing some new teasing here.  Also notice some new feathers with "One Way" roads and avenues.  Will they make the NAM update?

compdude787

Oh, neat. I guess we could now make a sort of older-style expressway that would have been built in the 40s and 50s and doesn't contain shoulders and other such modern safety features.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

dyoungyn

Even more importantly, is it safe to assume they will all be white in the Region View?

metarvo

So, this is the "REW-4."  $%Grinno$%  These ramps are really nice, and the interchange itself has a unique but fully functional design.  Keep up the good work!

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

noahclem

Very interesting! Depending on the footprints and mechanics some neat stuff for urban, signal-controlled, complex intersections could also be possible  :thumbsup:

j-dub

woodb3kmaster

One of my latest creations (click for full resolution):

This interchange connects the R-5 (north/south) and R-30 (east/west) to Royal Brougham Way (avenue heading west) south of downtown Seattle (rather, my fictional version of it). Ramps to/from Dearborn Street (avenue at top) are also part of this interchange, accessible from either freeway via collector lanes. (Yes, I know there's a tree poking through one of the flyovers. I'll fix it next time. :P)

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8