• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Congrats to the 10k Tankadillo

Started by noahclem, July 17, 2016, 04:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

Alex's post milestone has been celebrated in the NAM private boards and it was noted that a public area would be more appropriate for these congratulations. To me this milestone is representative of the huge impact our friend Alex has had on this community, over so many years and in so many ways. I hope you will join me in lauding him for the achievement this milestone represents.

I've been luckier than most in being able to witness Alex's work first-hand. He was friendly and helpful when I was a brand new member with questions and suggestions, has been encouraging and informative as a NAM team mate, and has shown very impressive leadership as a member of the site's staff. Always patient, temperate, and humble, he has been the kind of Devotee that sets and example for what we all could be. His enduring care for the NAM, RHW, and SC4D has been a boon to all those projects and has changed my life by enriching my favorite hobby and keeping it interesting after all these years. There is perhaps no one else that has had a greater impact on this game. Thank you, Alex, and my most sincere congratulations once again.

eggman121

Very well seconded  :thumbsup:

I have had great delight with the help Alex has given me to peruse projects for all to enjoy. He is always helpful and has been an inspiration of mine for a long time.

I hope to enjoy many more years with his company and hope that will continue.

Happy 10,000+ Alex. Of course you are worth more than that IMHO  ;D

-eggman121 (Stephen)

matias93

My respects to a true SC4 hero!

Archieving 10.000 posts is an impressive milestone by itself, but to do it only with the most interesting and constructive content, always communicating the great advances done by the NAM team or resolving the difficulties that the less experiencied players have, is a true show of merit, dedication and altruistic compromise.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

mgb204

As Noah said, the post count alone doesn't really tell the whole story. Alex's contributions for the community at large are hugely significant. He also has a patience and calm that pervades through even the toughest situations, a true inspiration to others. Congratulations and a big thank you for everything you've done and continue to do, that helps to keep this niche game alive and kicking to this day.  &apls

metarvo

Thank you for everything, Alex!  If it weren't for you, I don't know if hardly anybody would still be playing the game, as essential to modern SC4 as the NAM truly is.  There's a reason you see the word "devotion" at the top of the page.  Congratulations on 10,000 posts!

:clap:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

JoeST

indeed congratulations abound Tarkus, you have not only contributed a huge amount of in depth knowledge and help and support to so many of us over here but also all over the SC4 internet you are always giving your time to make this game that little more amazing (culminating in so very much more than 'little bit's over the time you've been here) thank you so so soooo much for making this game and this site so much fun even after 10 years or so <3
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Simmer2

Happy 10 Thousandth post!!
I agree with everyone's  assertion regarding your dedication and true passion for this game and also for the patience you show in responding to everyone's questions with knowledge and alacrity.

Best of wishes.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

vortext

Not much left for me to add.  $%Grinno$%

Your contributions to the NAM, SC4D and the community at large simply cannot be overstated.  &apls

Fun little personal anecdote I just remembered: how thrilled I was way back when I got the unexpected invite to become NAM associate. The mighty armadillo had spoken to little me!   :o :D

And of course congrats on the 10k post count!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

Congrats! 10k is a lot specially when it's meaningful content.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kbieniu7

I can just join the (fully reasonable) wave of appreciation  :) Congratulations!

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!