• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

Hi Willy, nice to see you back!

Art128 You are correct, unfortunately I noticed the error right after I uploaded the lot. Oh well  :D

Themistokles Yup, I noticed the lack of STR lots while playing over the years and I'm now correcting the discrepancy. :thumbsup:

Vizoria Thank you Viz  ;D

Shark7 You will find that lot and more here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1549
By the way, those are the models I'm using for my Oil Depot.

I'm currently creating new props for a project I mentioned a while back and will do a show and tell soon  ()stsfd()

Simmer2/Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Shark7

Thank you for the pointer.  :)

Turns out that I had this installed prior to my computer failure a couple of years ago (had a PC taken out by a lightning strike to my house).  Apparently, in rebuilding everything I missed re-downloading and installing it...that is being fixed as I type this.

Sometimes I wonder if I don't have maybe too many bats installed...but can you ever truly have too many?  $%Grinno$%

Simmer2

Just a little something for the farmers with an industry twist out there....
It will be released soon!

________________________________________________________________________________

Gugu3

vester

Like the rail side of the plant, but...

the truck side, the ground textures are a bit off.
The original one (citynuts) is a better and more interesting.

Maybe add a few more tracks here and there, to break up the solid surface.

Akallan

Wow! The work is great, and little more: the reflect in the water! :D &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

CT14

The grain lot is looking really good. I agree that the parking lot side could stand to be more dusty, often for this type of facility they are just dirt lots.

On the rail side, any given cut of grain hopper cars would often represent many different lines, but that's a minor detail as I can see a lot of work went into those props! I like how some of them are open for loading and the ones on the other tracks are closed.  :thumbsup:

ETA: I'm also loving the non-canal water, which keeps the original spirit of the lot while not requiring canal connections to be rammed through.

MushyMushy

That looks great! You really know how to make some good looking reflective water textures.

JoeST

this is a fantastic display of lotting gosh darn you do the things gooooooood
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

noahclem

Beautiful work  &apls &apls  Your big rail lots have fundamentally changed the way I'm able to use rail in my cities--huge thanks for that! I hope I don't offend with a bit of constructive criticism but I'd be a bit worried about the tightness of the turning radii in places--particularly for the sidings where using a wider radius wouldn't really take much space. A heavy freight train going around that 90 degree bend would also put a huge amount of force toward the center of the circle and risk derailing. Just my two cents, you're welcome to ignore it ;)

Simmer2

Thank you for the kind words  :thumbsup:

@Noa If I had to replicate the real rail radius curves I would need to make lots far bigger. I do what I can with the limited amount of necessary space. Also when trains work inside railyard facilities, they are limited to 10km an hour max.

Regarding the asphalt side of the lot, I heard you and made some changes, I also created 3 models for this lot which were necessary. Can you spot them?

I will start this presentation with an idyllic setting. The lot is geared towards the countryside.
Passenger trains will pass through the lot and so will freight trains. You will also see freight trains leave the yard just as it should because it is, after all, a freight yard.

Oh and I will enter this lot in the ST lot challenge.

Simmer2/Nick

CT14

Street side utility poles, guard poles at scales office, texture on truck loading facility wall? "$Deal"$ ???

Simmer2

Quote from: CT14 on July 16, 2016, 08:20:24 AM
Street side utility poles, guard poles at scales office, texture on truck loading facility wall? "$Deal"$ ???

You got one!

Well, you can now check it out up close and personal here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3384

Have fun

Simmer2/Nick

Simmer2

These ancient ruins were made by someone deep in the well of time. There are many speculations as to its function, some say that human sacrifice were made within its stony walls and others say that it is an astronomical tool built to follow the stars.

Today it stands there, solitary and well maintained by the current city staff, while traffic from a bustling metropolis moves by it. Sometimes people that identify with the ancients, conduct ceremonies there.
Generations go by and the stones just sit there, unchanged, immutable and immortal.

As you all know, there is also a roundabout challenge over at ST and this is my entry. I call it SM2 Ancient Ruins Roundabout.
I made that entire scene on Gmax along many other models soon to be revealed.
Here are a few pics, please forgive the settings.

Simmer2

schokoladeneis 1

Very nice!
Maybe add something like a barrier/fence or a warning sign so that vehicles don't crash into the historic landmark?

vortext

Looks nice though I agree some kind of safety feature might be needed.

Also, been meaning to say this for a while but I'd really like to see more of your cities some time, the latest pictures are quite idyllic indeed!  &apls

edit: downloaded the Ancient Ruins, pretty awesome the big stones are all separate models.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

kbieniu7

Nice idea! As schokoladeneis and vortex have said, some barriers or signs might be a good addition there  ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Simmer2

That is why I made those curved stone walls.
Alas, it is done. On to the next project.
I see stones, granite blocks, volcanic rocks etc etc. in this future project.....

@Erik, those scenes you see are made on the fly to showcase my lots.
Takes 10 to 15 minutes to setup on a blank tile.

Simmer2

Shark7

You are on a roll Simmer2.  I've downloaded every lot you've released since this rail project started.

And I do like the roundabout, and see where you added the rounded stone walls as a way to protect the ancient ruins.  I really like it, using those stone walls makes it look like a natural fit, where guard rails would likely detract from it.

Akallan

Mini-Stonehenge! :D It's beautiful, and it's downloaded! :thumbsup: Thank you for your work Simmer! :)
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1