• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RMIP-3 Large Airport Edition vol. 1

Started by Gwail, February 12, 2009, 04:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korot

Since RIMP-3 lots are larger, I don't consider it possible for an automatic upgrade. You'll have to manually upgrade your runways.
The updated RIMP-2 taxi lots could be auto-updated though, since they are the same size. And I see no reason not to do so, so I think they will be done automatically. But, alas, I'm no AC-team member, so don't take my words for granted.

Regards,
Korot

Gwail

Quote from: ShadeSlayer
I am recreating LAX in SC4. If you check out their runways, many of the taxiways have an asphalt shoulder instead of a green one.
I think the best way would be making a texture patch, that converts all green shoulders into the asphalt ones. However I was thinking about the expansion pack for RMIP3, that allows to make the runways and taxiways on the asphalt, without grass at all. We'll see how it will be about my free time - as rare as the 17-years old virgins ;). I cannot say anything about RMIP2, for the reasons Voltaire's mentioned earlier.

Quote from: GMT
they are flashing, right?
Any flashing light in RMIP-3.

Quote from: GMT
Will the RMIP3 just override the RMIP2 or will we have to update manually ingame?
Sorry, not. Both scenarios - upgrading RMIP2 into RMIP3 and upgrading lights in RMIP2 (when new version will be released) will require rebuilding all airport areas.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

Voltaire

Quote from: GMT on July 18, 2011, 03:57:13 AM
- uni-directional yellow bulbs, at the runway hold lines
they are flashing, right?

Not these, they are in-pavement fixtures running along the hold line. Steady burning, and visible only from the taxiway side.

Quote from: GMT on July 18, 2011, 03:57:13 AM
that sounds fun. But also like a lot of work to implement into the design as I can't think of any maxis effect that offers this

Quite. Gwail has been working on them since 2009 -- inventing the modding techniques to make them, and then modifying all 40 of each prop's textures by hand, to achieve the correct appearance. That's 40 bitmaps x 21 lights (so far) folks...

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

GMT

Quote from: Gwail on July 18, 2011, 10:34:29 AM
Sorry, not. Both scenarios - upgrading RMIP2 into RMIP3 and upgrading lights in RMIP2 (when new version will be released) will require rebuilding all airport areas.

There goes my free time. Straight outa the window. See yaaaa  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Voltaire on July 18, 2011, 12:03:04 PM
Not these, they are in-pavement fixtures running along the hold line. Steady burning, and visible only from the taxiway side.

aaalright, I was thinking of the alternately flashing sequence of 2 bulbs on either side of the hold line

... really, it is. I swear.

maxosha

does this RMIP have an intersection between runways??

SCWTC4

yes it will, this one it's an old post (may 2009, page 3) but shows clearly how to make intersecting runways with the upcoming RIMP-3

Quote from: Gwail on May 17, 2009, 11:58:20 PM
How to build an intersection?

Let's start. The best with the first runway.

Next, build another runways, crossing the first one where only do you want to.

Fill three inner corners with shoulder intersection lot.

Fill last inner corner with proper shoulder intersection lot with overhanging texture.

Complete runways with standard shoulder lots.

Simple, isn't it? Arrange intersections where you want to, don't be limited:

All this has been enabled thanks to neverending kindless and patience of Buddybud and Masuda-san. It's still beta, but the results are very promising.

dont'know when tey will release the whole pack but ill'wait patiently, the wait it's worth of the work tey'r making for us SC4 lovers.
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

strucka

Hello! One request!
PLEASE! Make 1x1 or 1x3 filler pieces. There is no such piece for the RMIP-2 runway and a lot of things isn't possible to make.

WC_EEND

I'd like to second that request actually, since I've ran into similar situations myself.
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

MR.Y

GMT

any news lately? been quite a while since the last status update  %confuso

Voltaire

I've nothing new in terms of pics, but the Lot modding is underway for the RMIP-2 re-release. All the standard taxiways have got the new steady-burning blue bulbs installed, and it's so much nicer than flashers ;D  Next updates will be to the asphalt runway set, and I'll post photos when I'm done.

MR.Y  - Diagonal runways will need to wait until this set is complete. It may seem a simple upgrade, but given what we're trying to do here (in terms of realism and ultimate layout flexibility), a diagonal runway set willl be a huge project in itself.

strucka, WC-EEND - looking through my plugin lots, there are fillers but only for shoulders. I'll see about adding a 1x runway filler -- something to be used only in the very center of the runway. Inserting a plug like that anywhere else would cause the tire skids, lights and markings to misalign.

GMT

my biggest concern blown away  &apls
looking forward to the upgrades

yjbrian

I very very very look foward the RMIP3. It looks done already. It has been produced for nearly 3 years. Will you produce 200 feet for A380?

I knew Gwail is busy. How about the progress of this now?

one more quetion. Does it has any new precision approach lighting system?

superchad

i know its been a while since someone posted here, but is there any news on a possible release date for this?

Voltaire

No earlier than 6 months, and possibly 2 years from now. Seriously, its really really big... and we haven't solved all the issues yet.

I might send out the ALS update on its own, but given that not all the runway light models are complete, it would need to be re-lotted without them first. Since updating all the lights together was the whole idea, it'll take a lot longer for me to consider that option.

superchad

what do you mean about updating the lights?

what about a beta release?

Voltaire

%bur2$

Seriously... read the thread. We've shown numerous examples of "updating the lights". You will most certainly not have early access to our 3 years of work. Not what I needed to see on Christmas morning.

Readers, please refrain from asking for updates... and assume this project is on long-term hold. I (or Gwail, the principal developer) will update if/when we are ready.

jakob-i

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: Voltaire on December 25, 2011, 03:48:14 AMReaders, please refrain from asking for updates... and assume this project is on long-term hold. I (or Gwail, the principal developer) will update if/when we are ready.
I have no idea why this thread was unlocked, but considering that the last post from Voltaire was 18 months ago, I'm assuming it was a mistake. Unless he says otherwise, please respect his wishes (as quoted) and don't ask for updates, release dates, or anything of the sort.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8