• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyoungyn

I agree with Matias, you guys are simply AMAZING with the creations in the past and future. 

I sort of understand about all the little programming details and do have patience with realistic traffic lights at ramp exits and one day you geniuses will break the sound barrier and work around obstacles today in the future.  Case in point, what was once IMPOSSIBLE in 2010 or even 2003 is now a reality with the ENTIRE NAM team and their abilities to overcome ANY obstacle.

Again, thank from the bottom of my heart for the ENTIRE NAM Team for making these dreams come true.  PLEASE don't EVER give up.  CS is great, but the one feature that I love with SC4 is someone figured out a way to make regions LARGER than ever.  CS limits the region size and besides, I like the SC4 RHW Mod with freeways better that CS.  Finally but not least, I love that ability to make Suburban box stores in SC4 that I just don't see in CS again, not to mention the size of some of these box stores that currently blows CS out of the water. 

Tarkus

Thanks for the kind words, guys.  It's definitely motivation for us. :) 

In any case, I did a fair bit of work last night with the prototype I had in mind for a new OWR signalization implementation, and it's proven to be enough of a success that I thought I'd show it here . . .

100% draggable, too.  Don't know when it'll be phased into the NAM release cycles yet, but there will be more where that came from soon. :thumbsup:

-Alex

Mikey Knox

I have to agree that the support you guys giving for a Game this old is just great! Thank you &apls

I dont like CS, SC4 is just better (the Graphics are WAY more detailed, and the Puzzlepiece System is something i'm just used to now^^) and i cant play without the NAM anymore.

Gugu3

dyoungyn

Now, this is what I have been hoping for for years.  WOW :thumbsup:.  This is totally amazing and makes SC4 even more attractive.  Keep em coming and the obstacle is slowly coming down and clear roads ahead!

Tyberius06

It's amazing indeed. But I usually don't use any OWR arrows, so... :)
Although I missed some puzzle piece based mostly road TULEPs.
Forexample:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/images/2/28/Junction-no_turn_left.png
or
https://bicycledutch.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/junction-design.jpg

Any chance...?
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Tarkus

Thanks, guys! :thumbsup:

BTW, here's what things look like when the default OWR arrows are disabled, with just the intersection turn arrows appearing.

Tyberius06, to answer your question, turn restriction situations are under consideration, as are right turn lanes (left turn if you're in LHD mode), the latter of which has had a few prototypes shown.  Intersection geometry is one of the tricky things with the right turn lanes.  The particular ones in your image involve the through traffic making a jog mid-intersection, which, while something that does occur in the real world, is not particularly desirable from an engineering standpoint, and in some situations, creates some difficulties with SC4 implementation. 

Also, TuLEPs will be turning off of conventional static puzzle pieces, and toward new implementation going forward.

-Alex

Tarkus

It's been a couple days, so double posting . . .

Avenue support is in the works.  No T21s yet, but the overrides are working.

-Alex

dyoungyn

Now that is cool!!!!  Especially the one way road only on one side of he Avenue; Progress that can only make SC4 light years from it's humble begining. 

Vizoria

Now that is more like it! Having arrows on every tile of OWR did not look right.

dyoungyn

Alex,

Again, great work.  The one thing that really bothers me is oneway roads and AVE6/7 on how they have to cross all the way through.  Is there any way one can do as the same with AVE4 and only one side option for oneway roads?

dyoungyn

Tarkus

Thanks, Vizoria and dyoungyn! :thumbsup:

Quote from: dyoungyn on December 01, 2015, 08:59:03 PM
Alex,

Again, great work.  The one thing that really bothers me is oneway roads and AVE6/7 on how they have to cross all the way through.  Is there any way one can do as the same with AVE4 and only one side option for oneway roads?

dyoungyn

That's definitely something I can look into.  I've been itching to get back to the NWM side of things again (as have other members of the development team), so we'll get there.

-Alex

Gugu3

You guys are simply amazing!keeping this game alive after such a long time &apls &apls

dyoungyn

Quote from: Tarkus on December 02, 2015, 01:04:54 AM
Thanks, Vizoria and dyoungyn! :thumbsup:

Quote from: dyoungyn on December 01, 2015, 08:59:03 PM
Alex,

dyoungyn

That's definitely something I can look into.  I've been itching to get back to the NWM side of things again (as have other members of the development team), so we'll get there.

-Alex
Alex,

Great to hear.  I can't wait to see them.  I love the fact that the NAM Team and yourself are creating opportunities to expand roads as in AVE 6/7 and one way roads.  One other wish item is more options for AVE 6/7 as in over-passes, ramps and curves that look like Avenues in the region view for AVE 6/7.

dyoungyn

Gugu3

APSMS

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

dyoungyn

I agree 100% that what again what was once thought IMPOSSIBLE is becoming more and more and reality.  I would love to see those good ole AVE6/7 in action as in one side of the avenue like with AVE4.

dyoungyn

j-dub

Not to be knittpicky, but looking down, unfortunately the first thing that gets my attention is the left turn arrow under the traffic signal at that prototype crossroad telling drivers to turn the wrong way. I personally would of preferred the pre-existing public center turn lane restrictor pieces still remain alive when ever this is finished to disable the arrows in this situation, unless something else was planned already.