• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strucka

Here is an idea! How about a piece, where two sliplanes would join, to form a road. For those really compact exits from an Avenue, or a road, or anything else.

j-dub

Strucka, wait up. Are you talking about one of those turn restricted road triangles? For TuLEPs, it would involve taking the existing road \\||// TuLEP piece and getting rid of the middle. Unless you were talking about a 1 tile turn restriction, it would be tighter, I suppose that would just involve a retexture to an existing draggable segment. The first part is a whole new type of piece, but as little of a 1x1 compact might not be new piece work, but more cosmetic work.

Either way, while neither are guaranteed, previous ideas have come to life, like the word ONLY being an option but eventually.

Dexter

@strucka

U mean something like this:

That would be a useful piece to create left in/left outs (right in/right out for RHD).
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

arl85

Hi,
I don't know if it is already be signalled, but it seems that there's no Avenue B1 T-Intesection "center piece".
I found A1 t-intersection and A1/b1 + Intersection, but no B1 T-intersection.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: arl85 on August 25, 2011, 04:27:03 AM
Hi,
I don't know if it is already be signalled, but it seems that there's no Avenue B1 T-Intesection "center piece".
I found A1 t-intersection and A1/b1 + Intersection, but no B1 T-intersection.

That's because no such piece exists yet. It will likely be something to be added beyond NAM 30.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jdenm8

Actually, from memory, it was going to be included in the Advanced TuLEPs set.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

wallasey

Quote from: Dexter on August 24, 2011, 05:59:45 PM
@strucka

U mean something like this:

That would be a useful piece to create left in/left outs (right in/right out for RHD).

Would be even better as a OWR junction, especially when creating gyratories.

kassarc16

Am I just missing it, or is there no piece for this intersection yet?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: kassarc16 on September 18, 2011, 06:26:17 PM

No such piece exists yet.
<INACTIVE>
-----

kassarc16

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on September 18, 2011, 06:28:21 PM
No such piece exists yet.

Ok. I also realized the avenue lane is unneeded, but the intersection still needs the piece to line up with the road.

Rionescu

Quote from: kassarc16 on September 18, 2011, 06:26:17 PM

That intersection configuration wouldn't work anyway, because you would have one lane going left, one lane going right, and the middle lane with nowhere to go.

kassarc16

Quote from: Rionescu on September 18, 2011, 08:45:54 PMThat intersection configuration wouldn't work anyway, because you would have one lane going left, one lane going right, and the middle lane with nowhere to go.

Actually, I realized that as soon as I posted it. Since then, I decided to make the area a Limited-Access Expressway, so it's all good now.

I would like to point out the misalignment of the intersection TuLEP and the AVE-7 on the top right.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: kassarc16 on September 18, 2011, 09:58:41 PM
Actually, I realized that as soon as I posted it. Since then, I decided to make the area a Limited-Access Expressway, so it's all good now.

One thing I have to point out though is that the AVE-4 doesn't have the proper A-TuLEPs; Without them, left turns from the AVE-4 to the 6C may be dysfunctional.

Other than that and the texture misalignment, it's worth showing off over at the Show Us Your Intersections thread. :thumbsup:
<INACTIVE>
-----

jondor

Looking at the grease tracks, at least the top half of that intersection is actually a 3-tile type B, rather than a type A.  Texture-wise at least everything is slightly misaligned.  You'd have to check the paths to see if they're correct or not.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Tarkus

I just checked it--the paths are fine.  There's just a Type B T texture there.  I've attached models with a proper Type A texture below--just drop it into your NWM folder.

-Alex

Ramona Brie

NWM 2.1 request (this irked me the other day while building a new city): an intersection piece for AVE-6/TLA-7 x AVE-6/TLA-7 Type A.

j-dub

@Rionescu, you would of been better making that an ARD end there, where the stripped out road is, at least that way the extra turn lane would of made sense. Otherwise, when I see them end avenues at roads, they don't put the extra turn lane in the middle, because yeah, it don't make sense.

Even in reality though, I have seen slight misalignment.

Tarkus

Quote from: Tracker on September 19, 2011, 06:26:08 AM
NWM 2.1 request (this irked me the other day while building a new city): an intersection piece for AVE-6/TLA-7 x AVE-6/TLA-7 Type A.

That one's at the top of the list for 2.1. ;)

-Alex

Dexter

I was wondering if filler pieces like these...

Are planned to be added to the TULEP plugin?  I often find situations where they would be useful, and the avenue piece could also be used to seemlessly connect the new avenue overpasses to TLA-5 :).
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?