• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riiga

I am now working together with Maarten (mrtnrln) on Euro textures for the NWM and TuLEPs. As of now, we've completed the AVE-2, TuLEPs and the ARD-3. For the TLA-3 and TLA-5 which does not exist in Europe to my knowledge, Maarten had some ideas. Regarding the width of the markings on the TuLEPs, I also think that they are a bit too wide, and I will discuss that with Maarten.

Preview of the ARD-3, which I Euro-textured:

(click for full resolution)

- riiga

io_bg

That looks great! :thumbsup: I'm pretty curious what are your ideas for the TLAs ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Andreas

Really nice work so far! :) The textures for the puzzle pieces will need some brightness correction, and they look somewhat pixelated in farther zooms, but at the moment, I'm not sure if that is true for the US textures as well. As for the TLAs, I agree that something like that doesn't exist here, but maybe - to keep it simple - you could just replace the yellow markings with white ones.
Andreas

Tarkus

Regarding the brightness correction . . . the textures ending in A-E with that share the first seven digits of the IID with the orthogonal and diagonal textures are used on the puzzle pieces (i.e. 0x51000000-4 is the orthogonal TLA-3, 0x5100000A-E is the puzzle darkened version).  Correct those, and things should be good.  I figured out some decent settings for darkening NWM and TuLEPs textures awhile back.  I've attached a "mask" texture here in PNG format . . . just paste this over top of the texture you want to darken as a separate layer, and set it to Overlay mode.

-Alex

superhands

Red Lightning

riiga, are you ever going to make a complete set of euro textures and release them?  :)
Please check out my city here http://pagefound.myminicity.com/

riiga

Quote from: io_bg on June 29, 2010, 03:27:01 PM
That looks great! :thumbsup: I'm pretty curious what are your ideas for the TLAs ;)
I'm not sure exactly what Maarten had in mind, so you're better off asking him.

Quote from: Red Lightning on July 05, 2010, 03:16:45 AM
riiga, are you ever going to make a complete set of euro textures and release them?  :)
If you read what I've written previously, the anwser is yes. "Good things come to those who wait..." as the saying goes.

As for the brightness correction, this is what I got when I used the png supplied by Tarkus:

Much better now, don't you think?

- riiga

Fresh Prince of SC4D

mrtnrln please tell me that this traffic signal mod will be separate to your original; I would like to use both the french for (my road and avenues) and dutch traffic signal( for TLAs) in my region. Will this be possible with this next mod?
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

MandelSoft

It should be possible. I may take this in consideration.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

gn_leugim

Robstar

It's been a while since I've posted here, but I have a question concerning the NWM.  I've searched through all sixteen pages of this thread, but I can't find a tutorial on how to create the nice looking intersection in the pic at the top of this page.  I have the latest NAM, the NWM, and the TuLEP pieces.  I've tried creating the intersection in a test city, but it's not working.  Is there a tutorial out there, or am I looking in the wrong place?  Thanks.

BTW, I offer my congrats to all the modders out there.  This game would not be the same without you. 

jdenm8

@ Robstar,
Have a go at just playing with the TuLEP pieces. You'll get it soon enough.

I have another bug to report. I was UDIing through one of my newly made intersections to have UDI suddenly end. I checked the paths to find this:

I was turning to the right from the bottom of the picture, but the paths are identical from the top turning to the left of picture.
It appears that the paths from the turning lane move into the right tile, but the paths in the intersection come from the left tile. This is the correct lane configuration for this intersection.
I can't determine if this affects actual traffic flow (It's not exactly a well-used intersection), but it did kill UDI and I think that's usually a pretty good indication.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Blue Lightning

Interesting, looks like we didn't fix the LHD version of this intersection (we had fixed it right before release, but apparently only for RHD). A patch should be made soon.

Also, the left side needs B1 pieces as well.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

sitejunction

Just a Quickie, I've seen Roads that Gain/Lose a Lane after the intersection. Will there be any of those?  Also how about some Mave-4 Turn Lanes, I think you might be able to use the Avenue Tuleps with MAVE-4 You would just need a puzzle piece to connect the Mave-4 to it.

Tarkus

Quote from: sitejunction on July 11, 2010, 12:50:45 PM
Just a Quickie, I've seen Roads that Gain/Lose a Lane after the intersection. Will there be any of those?  Also how about some Mave-4 Turn Lanes, I think you might be able to use the Avenue Tuleps with MAVE-4 You would just need a puzzle piece to connect the Mave-4 to it.

Pieces I've dubbed "intersections-as-transitions" which will connect multiple networks are on the drawing board for future inclusion in the Advanced TuLEP system. 

As far as MAVE-4 turn lanes, there already are connector pieces that allow for connection to the Avenue TuLEPs.  Try using either the MAVE-4-to-TLA-5 or MAVE-4-to-AVE-4 transition in the NWM.

-Alex

Edit: And as of about 3 minutes ago, I've fixed the LHD issue jdenm8 reported.

txrailcat74

I really love all of the NAM designs. Was wondering if an intersection like this one is planned? A 5-sided intersection.

Tarkus

Quote from: txrailcat74 on July 14, 2010, 03:49:41 PM
I really love all of the NAM designs. Was wondering if an intersection like this one is planned? A 5-sided intersection.

An interesting idea, I must say.  I'd say it could be feasible in some future Advanced TuLEPs release.

-Alex

jgehrts

There's also a five-way intersection in Dubuque, Iowa.  It's... interesting.

j-dub

What I find interesting near Dubuque, is that intersection with the at least 16 traffic lights on just the one diagonal overhanging pole. Can't remember if thats from the 5 way though, maybe not. My state has numerous avenue intersections, 5 and up. Sometimes they will use a traffic circle past the point, other times they use traffic lights, but the wait time for those intersections are a lot longer, and back up in no time.

jgehrts

Quote from: j-dub on July 15, 2010, 08:58:32 AM
What I find interesting near Dubuque, is that intersection with the at least 16 traffic lights on just the one diagonal overhanging pole. Can't remember if thats from the 5 way though, maybe not. My state has numerous avenue intersections, 5 and up. Sometimes they will use a traffic circle past the point, other times they use traffic lights, but the wait time for those intersections are a lot longer, and back up in no time.

I believe you're thinking of the US 20/Locust St. Connector.  The Connector allows traffic from US 52/61/151 to exit the highway and meet directly with US 20.  There's plans for an interchange there some day, but it all hinges on building a new bridge across the Mississippi... but Illinois is too broke for that sort of thing.

But I digress.  Here is said intersection:  http://goo.gl/maps/orQe  I don't think anybody wants to TuLEP-ize that one.  :)

(And here's that 5-way in Dubuque:  http://goo.gl/maps/2W7q)