• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

POST HERE If you cannot access the LEX

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2007, 02:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

The LEX registration has always been separate.  It does appear, however, that you do already have an account over there, under the exact same username you have for the forums.  I've manually reset your password to a temporary one, so you can get back on there and change it.  The details will be in your PM box.

-Alex (Tarkus)
SC4D Admin

dlo§rhuj

Thanks. Unfortunately I cannot login even with the temporary password, it just gives me the standard "username and password do not match" error.

Tarkus

I just re-reset it to the same thing I sent you in the PM.  Hopefully, it'll work this time.

-Alex

dlo§rhuj

I wish I could say that it worked. Unfortunately, I still get the "username and password do not match" error. I just wonder if it's just me or if the admins can't log on as me either.

Tarkus

Having just tried it, I'm also getting the same error, which suggests that the server is still hanging on to your old password and won't let go.  I'd try the "Forgot My Password" mechanism and see if that works.  I've confirmed that the email address associated with your forum account is identical to the one for your LEX account.  We'll find some way to get your access restored, one way or the other--thanks for your patience. :thumbsup:

-Alex

dlo§rhuj

That might be an option. Unfortunately, that particular email address doesn't exist anymore.

I've just changed it for my forum account. If you can see my email address, would you be able to synchronize my email adress here with the one set on my LEX account? That would be grateful.

dlo§rhuj

Okay, I successfully reset my password, got a new password sent to my email address, tried it out...

...and again. "Username and password do not match".

Is my account cursed or something? This is really silly now.

ramrec

Maybe I'm wrong, but could it have something to do with the special character in the middle of your user name?

-Cheers

Tarkus

The "section symbol" (§)--better known as a simolean around these parts--may indeed be throwing the system for a loop.  We'll need someone with access to the code to check, and to that end, I've referred it onto our LEX developer, Casper.  If it's something else entirely, he'd be able to find it as well.

-Alex

Caio R. Castro

Hi,

I was trying to access my old account associated with my e-mail and it didn't work. It's been almost 6 years since the last time I played Sim City 4, and now I wanna go back  :satisfied:
In an attempt to get to LEX I logged in SC4 Devotion with my wordpress account, and got no result either.
Could someone help me? If possible, giving back my old account, and deleting this one.

Thanks,
:thumbsup:

Tarkus

The LEX and forum accounts are separate--I have found the deforma account for you on the LEX, and have reset the password on it.  I've just sent you a private message with the information.  As far as your forum account goes, it looks as though your actual username is in fact deforma, but the display name is showing up as Caio R. Castro.  In theory, based on that, you should be able to log in as deforma, and I can change your display name to match, if you'd like.

Alex (Tarkus)
SC4D Admin

killerclone1

Hi folks,

Just planning on getting back into the game after a few years, but I can't seem to remember my password for either the LEX or the forums, and I tried using the LEX password reset, but it seems to be an old email that I don't use anymore.

The account name for both the forums and LEX was killerclone.

If someone could reset my passwords or work some magic, I would be extremely grateful.

Tarkus

Hi killerclone1-

I've just sent you a PM with instructions--let me know if you run into any difficulty.

Alex (Tarkus)
SC4D Admin

killerclone

All fixed, thanks mate!

Feel free to kill the dupe account.

bg60+

Hi:  It has been a while since I have been your web site.  I cannot download BSC Mega Props CP file. When I login to the LEX it says Logging you in but the file I need keeps telling me to sign in.  I'm confused.  Am I missing a step.  I have updated my new Email address and new password.  I have received your activation email.  Please help.  Thank you for your time.  Bgustafson.

Tarkus

It's possible it may be a cookie issue--ensure that you have your browser set to allow cookies from sc4devotion.com.  Without them, it's possible that the LEX software may not remember that you're logged in.

Hope that helps!

-Alex

bg60+

Thank you Alex:  It did not work.  It still tells me I am logged in but it keeps asking me to sign in before I can download the file.  Again, thank you for trying to help.  Sometimes, computers act strangely and it is not a easy fix or maybe I did something to make it misbehave.  Please cancel my account or how do I close it.
Thank you.

Kitsune

So tried to download something and got all this:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: User jeronij_lex already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /home/jeronij/public_html/csxlex/config.php on line 11

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: Access denied for user 'jeronij'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/jeronij/public_html/csxlex/config.php on line 13

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/jeronij/public_html/csxlex/config.php on line 13
DB Connection Failure

You may want to see about creating custom error pages for this stuff.
~ NAM Team Member

Shasta Winco

I can not log in the exchange with my current member name or password  it keeps saying different things  like password don't match the member or member don't exist but, I got a account how do you think I posted this message? Some one please help this girl out!