• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paf1

Thank you  :) Girafe.
Your works are fantastic.
I went to first page and I didn't find all of your BATs. For example I didn't find chalets made by you.

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

paf1

For example those:
Quote from: Girafe on August 26, 2009, 12:34:29 AM
I have decided to show you what I bat for the french team TSC
( all my work in toutsimcity.fr)

You can too view my automatas photo book in an other part of the forum

Chalet from Switzerland :

Pines :

Snow trees & snow road mod

Every thing new Teleski :

I have continued snow theme with this :

however this bat is not at the end I have reworked some things

noahclem

I don't think those were ever released, unfortunately, except for one of those trees. I'd also love to get my hands on them though and am hoping Girafe takes up more snowy projects.

paf1

Ok. now I understand. Thank you. I agree those are great.

Girafe

Thanks for the comments  :),

@paf1, unfortunately these models were done under Gmax and were more trials for me to practice, they will never be released and anyway I lost the models  &mmm

End of the day work for Carpe Diem tower, I am still wondering the z scale I have to adopt...

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vortext

Excellent work!  &apls

As for the z scaling, it's hard to tell without comparison to other game objects.
time flies like a bird

c.p.

Nice!  :thumbsup: It's not very often that roof machinery captures my attention (in a positive way), but on this model it has.  Wow!

romualdillo

Girafe

Thanks for the comments,

I exported Carpe Diem and to be honest I am really disappointed by the result  &ops, really far from Gan tower in term of quality especially,

the glass. I think it s due to the shape of the tower and not the material I used. North side is visually really poor. 
the size as well is not nice, the tower looks thick.
I got a halo on the edges, it will be difficult to remove  &mmm.
IMHO, the fact that the base of the tower is not modelled give a strange effect, transition BAT / LOT is not well.

I doubt about finalizing this project, I remember someone saying that all the buildings could not fit SC4, I think this tower is one of them...

I think I will release my urban props + carpack vol. 4 under a Urban props pack vol. 1

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Fasan

Hello my friend!

I wish first of all a happy new year!

That you want to publish your work makes me very happy.  :thumbsup:

Just time and again great work!  &apls

FrankU

Hi Girafe,

Of course we all know that your ambitions are high. We all respect and admire that. But please be not too perfectionistic! Even a mediocre building by you is better that we are used to... And I think this one is way better that mediocre. So please don't throw it away.
I myself do not see real problems in the north facade. What I do see is funny white edges at the base in the south view: there were the BAT ends and the base texture of the lot is visible. But perhaps that is solvable without too much work?
And the thickness.... Probably due to your own expectations. I forgot: is this BAT after a reall life building or is it your design? Anyway: to me it looks like a good tower. Nothing wrong.

Frank

c.p.

I completely agree with everything Frank said.  To me, the tower looks not just good, but great -- with the exception of the white halo-ing at the base.  If you built a base (such as a small entry plaza) would the halo-ing go away?

Dantes

vortext

Fully concur with Frank as well. Everyone is their own worst critic. The glass reflections look fine to me and the interesting shapes definitely make for an eye-catching BAT in many CBDs!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird

noahclem

I'm very excited for the urban props (been looking forward to those for a while) but I hope you reconsider the tower. It's an awesome building and it seems you're almost there :)

Girafe

wander about like a lost soul, from project to others...

The Floraler

art128

I think for Carpe Diem you should model the base like your other skyscrapers. I agree about the halo on the edges, good luck with that. I don't think the tower is that thick to be honest. I've seen thicker out there. It looks about right to me.
Even if you disagree about it, I think you should release it anyway.
That last tower looks good too.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Komsip

I love your trees and I specially use the conifers alot, I don't know if you accept requests, but I'm not skilled in modeling, could you possibly make a pine that looks like a normal northern european pine. CP's ponderosa pine is the closest i've seen but the colours are way too extreme and doesn't fit with your very well made trees. I like your parasol pine which is how they grow on mountaintops, seaside, and other windy places. But that doesn't fit in the middle of the forest or at the top on a sandy ridge (which tend to be covered only by pines like the ones in the pictures in Sweden. They are same heigh as a conifer or a few meters taller.
They look like this: and are the second most common tree in Sweden, most forests here are mix of Conifer and pine
I'd be ever grateful and it would make my Scandinavian simcity projects so much real.

epicblunder

@komsip; CP has a very large variety of conifers you might like in BSC mega props 01, including the ponderosa pine you mentioned, lodgepole pine, scotts pine, norway spruce, etc.  I have some pics around here of a limited selection of some of the conifers in that pack.