• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Version 31 Release Date Announcement

Started by Tarkus, January 20, 2013, 04:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilarium

Which thread is it that lists what sorts of awesomeness we have to look forward to with NAM 31?  It's probably plane as day titled "NAM 31 features!" and my tired eyes are missing it.  Can't wait for the new NAM!

Swordmaster

There's no single thread documenting all upcoming features, but they're spread out over the respective threads:

- General NAM
- RHW
- Project Symphony

Cheers
Willy

jcluvzgamez

&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls ;D ;D ;D OMG OMG OMG. Someone. Pinch me. I must be dreaming. &hlp
I will take a burger and NAM. Yes I would like RHW with that. Oh and NWM with SAM topping for dessert.

kj3400

Pardon me if I still seem suspicious. The NAM Team has been known to pull random aces out their sleeves. :P
That being said, I'll be waiting. :D
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

Jack_wilds

()what() %confuso  ???

sweetly ironical to the standing rule for release times... awesome funny  %wrd ...

and its fortuitous that it isn't geared for April 1st  :D

standing by for release  :satisfied:

mike3775

Quote from: Jack_wilds on January 24, 2013, 01:20:29 PM
  ()what() %confuso  ???

sweetly ironical to the standing rule for release times... awesome funny  %wrd ...

and its fortuitous that it isn't geared for April 1st  :D

standing by for release  :satisfied:

Thats Nam 41  :P

GDO29Anagram

<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

MandelSoft

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on January 24, 2013, 10:19:54 PM
Quote from: mike3775 on January 24, 2013, 05:35:55 PM
Thats Nam 41

No, that's NAM 32. (The version number, not the date.)
No, it will be NAM 41 as in 4/1 (April 1). But probably no-one is going to believe us if we set that release date :P
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Tarkus

They would believe a release of Version 3.0 of the Arthur Berkhardt Expressway Project, however. ::)

-Alex

ivo_su

It's been a horrible 2012, a year in which from time immemorial NAM team did release their wonderful products. Now at the beginning of 2013 there is light at the end of the dark tunnel and it is the 1 March.
I hope with all my heart and soul this year to those wonderful years in which NAM has 2 versions. It would be more wonderful if NAM 32 and be ready within this year.

MandelSoft

Well, the NAM has increasingly become bigger, but something that also explains the longer release cycle is the complete conversion of the Real Highway Mod. And believe me, that's a huge undertaking....
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

ivo_su

From your own observations, how would you judge who NAM will be more complex to implement NAM31, or NAM32. However, the first mod affects Real Highways and second NWM, but who will be more complicated and difficult for you.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: MandelSoft on January 25, 2013, 01:17:47 AM
No, it will be NAM 41 as in 4/1 (April 1). But probably no-one is going to believe us if we set that release date

I wouldn't believe it either (clearly), but on the offchance that we release a Hotfix on such a day, would they believe it? (I swear, if it had troll-level textures in there...)

Quote from: Tarkus on January 25, 2013, 01:20:43 AM
They would believe a release of Version 3.0 of the Arthur Berkhardt Expressway Project, however.

It'd probably look funny on the 10S because of the modular inner lanes. Either it would use funny overhangs or a lot more paint thinner.

Quote from: ivo_su on January 25, 2013, 01:38:38 AM
From your own observations, how would you judge who NAM will be more complex to implement NAM31, or NAM32.

Let's just say that whatever predictions we make for future releases of the NAM don't tend to come true as intended. For all I know, NAM 32 could might as well be an extension of NAM 31.

Besides, P57 was supposed to be RHW V6 was supposed to be RHW V5 was supposed to be RHW V4.2.
<INACTIVE>
-----

ivo_su

Quote from: Tarkus on January 25, 2013, 01:20:43 AM
They would believe a release of Version 3.0 of the Arthur Berkhardt Expressway Project, however. ::)

-Alex

Alex could you give me a link or some more information about Berkhardt Expressway Project. I am completely unfamiliar with this project, and apparently already has two versions out of it.

mike3775

Quote from: MandelSoft on January 25, 2013, 01:17:47 AM
Quote from: GDO29Anagram on January 24, 2013, 10:19:54 PM
Quote from: mike3775 on January 24, 2013, 05:35:55 PM
Thats Nam 41

No, that's NAM 32. (The version number, not the date.)
No, it will be NAM 41 as in 4/1 (April 1). But probably no-one is going to believe us if we set that release date :P

I would believe you, but many others wouldn't thats for sure.  There have been some good April fools stuff with this game over the years though, someone needs to step up this year, its been awhile since a great prank occured

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: ivo_su on January 25, 2013, 02:40:37 AM
Alex could you give me a link or some more information about Berkhardt Expressway Project.

Double-wide RHW-4 made by removing the lines off of the RHW-8S. Or, for those who get the joke, a Seinfeld reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwinnODU0yo
<INACTIVE>
-----

NCGAIO

Sorry to divert the topic but can someone tell if the CAN-AM still will be part of  the new NAM.?

jdenm8

Quote from: NCGAIO on January 25, 2013, 04:21:50 PM
Sorry to divert the topic but can someone tell if the CAN-AM still will be part of  the new NAM.?

We won't be removing it. But we aren't adding anything to it at the same time.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

NCGAIO

Happy to know

grateful for the response. :thumbsup: