• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Looking for a little info

Started by stickinc, September 24, 2016, 03:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stickinc

I have a few of bripizza lots installed with NAM. I wanted to modify the 15m station with parking to remove the parking and just have just the building, label 1, that was easy enough with model tweaker to move the models. Problem arises with the other lot, label 2, the part circled in red was moved for the first lot. Now I have a basic idea of what I need to do but not 100% sure as on how to do it. It would basically be like modding automata into props and having extra examplars for the props that need to get moved. That's were I kind of get stumped. And info or help would be appreciated  :)

mgb204

Looks like it's this file - "ENnamStaKoukaPHv2-0x5ad0e817_0xd3cf5a55_0x30000.SC4Model"?

To duplicate a model, but with a unique ID, that's pretty easy:

• Open the relevant model file in Reader and select Tools/TGI Editor.
  • Add a 1 in place of the first # in the Instance field. Select all the files, click apply.

You now have a model with a unique ID, but without having to manually re-ID all the textures in the S3D files. But this is just the model, your new one will need it's own prop exemplar:

• Make a copy also of the prop exemplar".
  • Right click it and select "generate new Group and Instance" (any ID is fine).
  • Lastly, edit the property Resource Key Type 1, changing the last rep from 0x00030000 to 0x10030000 to match the new model

Of course, at this stage both models will be identical (i.e. offset), so you'll probably want to restore the original model for use as intended, only using the modified duplicate for lots you are changing. Bear in mind also, whilst almost all model files use the Group ID as the unique identifier, there are exceptions where the Instance IDs are used. This method is intended for the former only. Lastly, if you haven't already, might be worth seeing if you can simply move the model as desired on the lot. Perhaps changing the occupant size would help with that.

stickinc

Thank you for your help that was much faster then the method I was doing it :)