• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Removal of undesirable bridge abutments

Started by N1_2888, September 15, 2016, 08:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N1_2888

Is there any way to get rid of the bridge abutment on the left?

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

matias93

Dragging the bridge one tile inland by disminishing a little the height of the last tile.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

N1_2888

Thanks for your advice, but I want to keep the existing street layout.

mgb204

The only way to remove the abutments, would be an all or nothing modification to the bridge. If you point the exemplar that currently links to the Abutments to the regular bridge span piece, you'll get the effect you are after. But it would be much harder to make a copy of the bridge without them as a second option, although it's possible if you know what you are doing.

N1_2888

Quote from: mgb204 on September 15, 2016, 01:42:57 PM
But it would be much harder to make a copy of the bridge without them as a second option, although it's possible if you know what you are doing.
Well, it is never too late to broaden your (i.e. my) modding skills. :D

Thank you!

N1_2888

Quote from: mgb204 on September 15, 2016, 01:42:57 PM
The only way to remove the abutments, would be an all or nothing modification to the bridge. If you point the exemplar that currently links to the Abutments to the regular bridge span piece, you'll get the effect you are after.
I tried to do this as a start. So - as one-way bridges are part of the NAM - I opened the Additional Bridges Plugin DAT, selected the bridge piece files which I consider as abutment of the in-game level bridge, and changed the RKT1 value to the one of the respective repeat piece. But even if I redraw the bridge in the game, there are still abutments. What am I doing wrong?

I noticed that there are two bridge piece files linking to the abutment model (S3D files respectively). Thus I changed the RKT1 value of both. I also noticed that, following jeronij's tutorial, these piece files have a differing group ID (0xcbe084cb, which defines one-way bridges in the NAM bridge controller's INI file, instead of 0xa82ca30f).

mgb204

I think you just got the wrong bridge, this one is "Plain OWR Bridge", see attached, the fix is as simple as changing one number.

Bear in mind S3D models auto-update, so if this file (must load after Network addon mod folder), resides in your plugins, all instances of this bridge will no longer show abutments. Remove the file and they will return once more. But the changes should be limited to this one bridge only.

N1_2888

Indeed, I obviously got the wrong one. :D

Thank you very much! :thumbsup:

N1_2888

One very last question/concern: I've managed to expand the mod with the plain avenue bridge, but unfortunately failed to do so with the plain road bridge as I can't find the respective repeat piece. Basically I'd just need the IID of the model which the repeat piece links to.

mgb204

If you look at the main exemplar for the bridge, "0x50500000", it lists the exemplars for the repeat piece as "0x50502000". So find that exemplar and alter the RTK to IID 0x0AC70000 (repeat piece). Note that this model is actually in SimCity_1.dat and not part of the NAM.

N1_2888