• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Farms North of Grasmere () My SC4 MD Scrapbook

Started by Vizoria, October 08, 2014, 02:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

metarvo

The variety of rotations of buildings, coupled with lots of parking, make this one of the most delightfully freeform industrial zones I've seen.  The rail sidings bring it to yet another level, too.  I don't recall ever seeing this VW factory before; it's huge!  Sure, there's some smog, but honestly I'd rather there be a little smog than a ton of unemployment.  Beautiful!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Themistokles

Now, that's one huuuge factory! :o ;D

Despite the smog (well, can anything ever be despite smog?!) there are many things I like in this area: The road network is very gridbreaking (I won't go as far as to say that the roads look nice 'cause roads simply can't, but I trust you see where I'm heading at :satisfied:), the green areas here and there very well done and the railyard very nicely constructed using combinations of simmer's sidings. That's a really innovative idea!

The clouds look great too. Looking at the results I think the technique you're using in pic 30 lends itself best for the smaller clouds. They look very realistic. :)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Vizoria

Replies:

dyoungyn: Thank you very much!

manga rivotra: Higher contrast can improve realism of pictures with lots of green areas. However, desaturation can be great for brick, concrete and metal textures.

Simmer2:thumbsup:

metarvo: Cheers! I squeezed out every last ounce of FA industrial potential. Link for the factory- http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2578.

Themistokles: If there are more FA and diagonal buildings, combined with appropriate fillers, then this will be the future of Simcity 4. Give it ten years and CJs will be sprawling in dozens of different directions: orthogonal, diagonal, FA 2, FA 3... We shall break the grid one plop at a time. Lastly you are right about the smaller clouds looking a bit better, definite food for thought in future cloud photoshopping.

{---}

Entry 66: Erinsberg's City Centre

In the heart of every SC4 player is the desire to build skyscrapers, everyone went through that phase. So here is my last city centre styled around Los Angeles. First of all a soundtrack to get in the mood.

http://www.myflashimage.com/myflashfile.swf

Does anyone know how to embed Youtube videos on SC4D? I followed the tutorial with no success and it is driving me nuts!!!

{---}

{---}

If you wondering why these entries take so long to post, well most of my spare time is spent story-writing, or listening to music. So it takes about 90 minutes taking the pictures because the game crashes and I need to restrict the available RAM on my computer. Image editing takes at least another 90 minutes. Posting on both SC4D and Simtropolis takes at least an hour.

Now then, for the next entry it will be something more...

Natural.

Akallan

Unbelievable! I love all your photos, you control very well the rural areas! My favorite is the 29 in a single mosaic, there is everything! FAR buildings are also excellent ideas, you know break the grid!
Excellent entry, thank! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Ernestmaxis

Vizoria

Replies:

Akallan: Thank you! FA is the future for SC4. I wish there were hundreds more FA and diagonal buildings. Then SC4 will look Cities: Skylines.

Ernestmaxis: The Youtube videos will come later on in the year.

{---}

Entry 67: Stalag's Range and Helga's Pass

Last entry was intensely urban. This entry is intensely rural.

{---}

To the left is Stalag's Range with the lumber operation. To the right is Helga's Pass.

I used the Cascadia Tree Controller for the flora. Then I infilled the gaps with MMPs to give a thick lush feel.

One third of the map was woodland and wilderness. This took several weeks to complete with thick MMP saturation.

I decided to build a minimalist lumber operation. The forests are part of a national park and logging is done with a staggered approach.

Different flora types have particular MMP schemes.

For instance deciduous woodland is covered with grass. Coniferous woodland is covered with bushes inbetween.

The narcissus MMP also serves as a good substitute for oxeye daisies in grass areas and ramson in forested areas. And here is ramson in an actual woodland area. I'm not kidding about the thick flower density- http://www.explorewestsweden.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Munk%C3%A4ngarna-5724-730x486.jpg

Mist in the forest.

I used footpaths to divide the areas up.

It helped with the MMP infilling. Otherwise it would have been endless the amount of MMP work to be done.

I added in open areas, in particular grazing areas, simply to cut down on the MMP work.

A mosaic of Helga's Pass.

On top of that I made sure there were enough MMP Sims on the paths.

A Gypsy camp.

The Gypsy camp is on the southern slopes of Helga's Pass.

The northern side of Helga's Pass is one long, prominent slope.

Stone walls- http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2074.

The grassland is predominantly using Chrisadam3997's pasture MMPs- http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1886.

The additional flowers, bushes and trees all come from girafe- for newcomers download everything this guy has published on the LEX.

MMP oversaturation done right should look like a Van Gogh painting or something...

But it's also important to let the terrain show too.

The village of Skeeby.

Bipin's Hamilton Houses- http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31099-bipins-hamilton-two-storey-house/.

Use the LotPlop cheat to place them down.

One last overview...

And one last mosaic...

{---}

The next entry will be something rather industrial.

feyss

Awesome pictures mate  :thumbsup:

I especially like the logging stuffs  :)

Ernestmaxis

Tyberius06

Oh Dear!! :)

I'm always watching with great interest these beautiful picture shows of yours. That MMP work... You're a very patient person I guess...  :popcorn: &apls &apls &apls &apls :)
Amazing... :)
Thank you to show us these works! :)
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

kbieniu7

I haven't been there for a while and when I opened the thread, I was attacked by the images of might skyscrapers, downtown districts, then we moved to rural forest, wood cutting, FAR roads, switched back to a city... and my brain crashed. It's too much for me to comment anything. So I just take a more or less random photo...

... and say - it's brilliant. Reminds me, when I was hiking one year ago, and while heading back to the village, we've traversed trough high grass and flowers.

&apls
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Vizoria

Replies:

feyss: Thank you! I wish there were more freshly chopped down tree MMPs.

Ernestmaxis: Thanks for the kind words.

Tyberius06: There was a six week period where I was using pretty much most of my spare time filling areas with MMPs, I would go to work and come back home and turn on the computer after having dinner. Those were long days.

kbieniu7: Cheers! I spent a lot of time on the urban area and then I saw Korver's work and I realised I had to do a great job of the woodland.

{---}

Entry 68: Bolsmarth Industrial Zone

And now here is another entry chock full of heavy industry and extensive railyards. The large brick industrial building with the three chimneys, the large railyards and the RRW sidings can all be found on the BSC LEX. Check out Simmer2's content, it is all found there.

{---}

{---}

I would like to say that Bolsmarth Industrial Zone could not have been possible without Simmer2's incredible lotting. So thanks a bunch for what you have done for the community.

Here's a link to the massive factory:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3360

Krasner

I love so much to go around the large industrial zones, with massive warehouses and all sort of plants. These images gave me excatly the same feeling, it's excellent and inspiring  ()stsfd() Thanks a lot for your work  ;D
ANARCHIST !!

Akallan

Your work is beautiful! You progress a lot in the MMP work and you give me lots of ideas. I apologize for not left a comment on your previous update. Since my car accident, I have some memory problems. I am always happy to see your pictures, they are mereveilleuses, you really get a sense for the development of urban and rural areas! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Simmer2

Viz, you outdid yourself! &apls &apls

Thank you for the compliment but it takes a true master to bring my work to life and you sir are the one!! &apls &apls &apls
________________________________________________________________________________

Seaman

amazing! Well selected buildings and props. In every update I find something I would like to ask for. But then the number rises and I am too ashamed to bother you with the massive catalogue. So, I guess I simply keep enjoying them where they are.  :D

vinlabsc3k

IT'S OUTSTANDING!! &apls &apls &apls

I can't even imagine the hard work you put in this project and the plugin folder size. :o
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

manga rivotra

The combination of your player skill and the loter talent of Simmer2 is truly exceptional. The distant views are particularly realistic  :thumbsup:

Tyberius06

Wooow! :) They are very nice pictures. Thanks for sharing them :)
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

feyss