• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Based on that description, I'd hazard a guess that there's a broken path there somewhere.  Will have to go digging.

-Alex

Zeratai

Just one question.... How you have those caternaries on the HSRP

Tarkus

I found the issue.  The GHSR paths were set to Type 6 (Light Rail) instead of Type 7 (Monorail), which broke them.  It also affected L1 OWR, L1 Avenue, L2 Road, and L2 OWR (though not L2 Avenue).  As reported here, it's now been fixed on our end and committed to our depository, meaning it's a definite for the NAM 33 official release.

-Alex

Kuewr665

Good work Alex; I haven't tested all of the other overpasses yet and they're already fixed!

Looking forward to NAM 33  :thumbsup:

icfan

I apologize if this has been dealt with already, I have been away from SC4 for about a couple of years. My issue that I have ran into is that turning lanes don't automatically build anymore when I cross to road pieces, but yet I have the previous turning lanes that where automatically built prior to me running SC4 yesterday. Instead of the turning lanes that build automatically on roads, I just get the basic 4 way intersection. I have the latest NAM, just downloaded it yesterday (I actually reinstalled it 3 times to make sure I wasn't missing anything), I even reinstalled SC4 to make sure I was not missing anything. I assume it is something stupid that I am missing, because the rest of the NAM creations that I am using are still there, its just these turning lanes (which customization/plopping the parts down still works). But at the moment my mind is baffled. Any ideas?

jdenm8

We changed the process for building the automatic turning lanes to reduce interference with the NWM. IIRC, you place a single stub of One Way Road on the intersection to make the override kick in.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

icfan

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 03, 2015, 07:18:17 AM
We changed the process for building the automatic turning lanes to reduce interference with the NWM. IIRC, you place a single stub of One Way Road on the intersection to make the override kick in.

Thank you for your reply and help!

jguttes

Hi, first post, I'll introduce myself as a super-noob, never done any modding in my life.

Backstory: recently installed SC4 from discs to my Windows 10 laptop. Installed fine, but didn't run. Found out that W10 won't run games from discs, so I installed an altered .exe file to play the game and it worked great. In the process of looking up solutions I came across modding and started reading about NAM.

Finally pulled the trigger and downloaded NAM32, first and only mod. Install seemed to go smooth but nothing happened in the game. Immediately suspected the .exe was the problem, so I did what anybody would do, back-installed Windows 8.1! Re-installed SC4 and patch, re-installed SC4RH and patch and then re-installed NAM32. It worked, I had fancy new roads to play with!

Until I put in zones and the game started animating, then road sections and buildings disappeared and glitched like crazy.

Re-installed again with same result.

Un-installed the game and got my hands on a digital copy from Origin (that's another long story). So I download and install a fully patched version of SC4 Deluxe, re-install NAM32... exact same results. super glitchy graphics.

I'm typing this out at work, but the machine with the game is at home so I can't post any screenshots right now. Does this sound like a bad install or maybe a problem with my graphics card/driver? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Jeff

Tarkus

Jeff, welcome to SC4D!  I believe there are some known issues with running hardware rendering in Windows 8.1, so I'd attempt playing around with the graphical options in game, including trying it using software rendering instead to see if that solves your issue.

-Alex

jguttes

hmm... could it be that easy?

I'll try it out tonight, thanks for the reply!

mgb204

There is a great tutorial on Simtropolis for getting optimal running under Win 8 with SC4, bear in mind if you have only Intel intergrated graphics you probably need to use software rendering to fix the graphical issues due to a lack of proper support with Intel drivers, AMD and NVidia cards should fare better though, but not always.

Also take note of the information here, those CD's are about to have the same problem under Win 8 as Win 10, although unlike Windows 10 you can choose not to install the update or temporarily disable it.

jguttes

Quote from: Tarkus on September 11, 2015, 12:05:15 PM
Jeff, welcome to SC4D!  I believe there are some known issues with running hardware rendering in Windows 8.1, so I'd attempt playing around with the graphical options in game, including trying it using software rendering instead to see if that solves your issue.

-Alex

Ha, that was it! Thanks a ton! Gonna go build some roundabouts and flups now :)

jguttes

Quote from: mgb204 on September 11, 2015, 02:14:12 PM
There is a great tutorial on Simtropolis for getting optimal running under Win 8 with SC4, bear in mind if you have only Intel intergrated graphics you probably need to use software rendering to fix the graphical issues due to a lack of proper support with Intel drivers, AMD and NVidia cards should fare better though, but not always.

Also take note of the information here, those CD's are about to have the same problem under Win 8 as Win 10, although unlike Windows 10 you can choose not to install the update or temporarily disable it.

Thank!, I'll check out that tutorial. The software render worked but there is still room for improvement graphic-wise.

And I definitely found out the hard way about the security update... oh well, I'm in business now!

belfastsocrates

Anyone know what could be causing my avenue turning lanes to switch sides? I have a UK version of the game and have installed LHD as part of NAM. I recently DATpacked my plugins, which may be the cause of the problem, but I checked the uncompressed folder where I have a copy of everything and I can't see anything that could cause this, there's no 'RHD' plugins or files that were packed. I reinstalled NAM and tried again but the same issue.

When I lay the avenue the correct LHD lanes and textures appear but once construction completes it reverts to RHD Lanes and a different texture. It's really annoying me.

I could very well have been stupid and did something to cause this but I'm not sure what....

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

vortext

Quote from: WNET13 on September 12, 2015, 11:07:07 AM
my game fails to load

Do you use game cdrom to play? If so, it's probably the recent windows update you're experiencing, see here for more. If not, than we need more info.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

WNET13

Quote from: vortext on September 12, 2015, 11:36:18 AM
Quote from: WNET13 on September 12, 2015, 11:07:07 AM
my game fails to load

Do you use game cdrom to play? If so, it's probably the recent windows update you're experiencing, see here for more. If not, than we need more info.

I, for one, never bothered to update my pc. (still factory Windows 7) and it was that update. thanks for posting that link.

Tarkus

belfastsocrates, my guess is it's a similar issue to what someone else faced with the Euro Road Turning Lane textures--there's a lack of wealth textures for the UK turning lanes, and as a result, if the Avenue has zones touching it that apply a wealth level to it, it'll revert to the default textures (due to the way the game's LHD remapping works, an LHD installation of the NAM actually installs the RHD files, plus an override folder that handles anything that can't be automatically remapped).  I'll take a look at it a bit later.

-Alex

mgb204

Quote from: Tarkus on September 12, 2015, 12:25:53 PM
belfastsocrates, my guess is it's a similar issue to what someone else faced with the Euro Road Turning Lane textures--there's a lack of wealth textures for the UK turning lanes, and as a result, if the Avenue has zones touching it that apply a wealth level to it, it'll revert to the default textures (due to the way the game's LHD remapping works, an LHD installation of the NAM actually installs the RHD files, plus an override folder that handles anything that can't be automatically remapped).  I'll take a look at it a bit later.

-Alex

I don't think that's the issue here, the Avenue Automatic Turning Lanes for LHD are just fine, having been through those a while back...  I say that, there is an error with one $$ and $$$ Wealth transition texture, one side which should have the transition has the wrong texture, fix attached for that. I'm still struggling to get the Road ones fully complete, so many variations as soon as I think I've got them all, I see a new bug so that may not make NAM33, but I should be able to provide a much improved version in the interim at least.

----

However these do look like the Auto Turning lanes and not the ploppable TuLEPs, have you installed the Old UK TuLEPs in the NAM per-chance, those textures with the red markings are from that set and I've just checked the file "z3_MRTNRLN_EuroTextures_RTL_Avenue_UKoldNAM_LHD" and all the wealth textures are indeed there and correct.

Therefore I'm inclined to believe your problem is a conflicting set of textures that only covers the wealth's is overriding them and causing the problem, I know my TGN mod would override these and only the 1-3 wealth textures, so that would make sense. That said, if they were TGN I'd expect to see grass on the textures and there is none? Easiest solution, move the NAM file I mentioned above temporarily to a position where it loads last in your plugins, if that fixes it, you know there is a conflict elsewhere - you can find that in "z___NAM\Road Textures\Euro Cosmetic Re-Texture Mod\z_LeftHandDriveSupport".