• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

About a median in AVE-2 (Network Widening Mod)

Started by Alejandro24, August 20, 2010, 11:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alejandro24

Hi, I'm new in the forum (but not a newbe in SC4  :D ). I was using the NWM in one of my cities and it's great, a nice idea. But when I use the AVE-2 road I found an ugly median made of concrete.
For example: in this picture at the top there is comercial services $$ and $$$, and at the bottom there are a park. The median of the road is simply ugly.

So, where can I found more medians?

Regards!!!

Strong young men, And their beautiful wives... Through sun and steel transforming

MandelSoft

Well, the concrete median is caused by the Medium/High desity zones surrounding the AVE-2. Grassy medians are currently only available for low density zones and park lots.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

io_bg

Well then, will it be possible to have more variety of medians by making T21 mods? &Thk/(
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

MandelSoft

Well, that looks horrible on slopes. However we could try to make grassy median textures for MD and HD as well...

z

Just curious - where is the underground garage in the first picture from?

Andreas

Andreas

Tarkus

I could copy-paste the low-density grass ones over to the IIDs for medium/high density--it's a pretty easy task, fortunately.

Quote from: io_bg on August 20, 2010, 11:38:41 AM
Well then, will it be possible to have more variety of medians by making T21 mods? &Thk/(

There's been talk of treed median T21s.  Eventually, it'll probably get done, though for logistical reasons, it won't be included in the NWM mod itself.

-Alex

strucka

Isn't it possible to just copy stuff from the AVE-4 medians?

Tarkus

Quote from: strucka on September 03, 2010, 02:25:07 PM
Isn't it possible to just copy stuff from the AVE-4 medians?

Not really--the AVE-2 medians are quite a bit narrower.  Was worth suggesting, though. :)

-Alex

allantan1116

As far as I knew, several Chinese Modders had create a set of medians for AVE-2, such as cherry trees, flower-beds and so on.

Thanks for 八神庵 jackxu888 lrdcq!
Original link:
http://www.simcity.cn/viewthread.php?tid=83513
http://www.simcity.cn/viewthread.php?tid=83968
http://www.simcity.cn/viewthread.php?tid=83726

Here are a set of pictures.

And there' re also medians for MAVE-4 and 6.

But I haven' t got their permissions yet so I couldn' t upload them. I' m sorry.

MandelSoft

Wow  :o! These props and T21ns look awesome! A truly excellent choice of props, which will make our neighbourhoods more colorfull

CasperVg

These are indeed lovely! Like mrtnrln said, they'll certainly make my neighborhoods more colorful
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Alejandro24

That's the kind of medians that I'm looking for. Pity that you can't upload them yet.

The medians are a chinese style, and its beautiful. Also there must be an European or American style (how to build a median?).

Strong young men, And their beautiful wives... Through sun and steel transforming

noahclem

Wow, those look awesome, especially the first set!  &apls
Has anyone figured out how to download from that link?

Girafe

Impressive work  &apls &apls &apls

china is and will be an impressive cradle of fantastic stuff  ;)

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Ciuu96

Quote from: noahclem on September 04, 2010, 09:20:31 AM
Wow, those look awesome, especially the first set!  &apls
Has anyone figured out how to download from that link?

According to google translate you have to be logged in to download. Well, another challenge to beat: register to a chinese website  :D
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

cubby420

Oh my those are spectacular! What a quick turnaround since the NWM's release too! Thanks for sharing these. I will also be trying to "crack the code" here as well. This should be fun.  :P

Ryan B.

Here's a start on traffic sign T21s for the AVE-2 median.  This setup is for a "endcap", near an intersection.

cubby420

I gave up Jayster, at least for the moment. But I second the request if anyone can create some sort of simple guide.

Jayster

I actually did it! I'm going to go try it out right now, if I get enough people interested, I'll post a tutorial  :thumbsup:

Jayster

P.S. Use Internet Explorer (yuck!) I tried using Opera but I kept getting an error message.