• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Is it possible to merge from a highway into an avenue?

Started by speeder, March 09, 2015, 07:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speeder

I want to make a commercial area that is sided with a large avenue, that is sided by a highway 10/8s

The idea is mimic the Tietê road in São Paulo:

http://www.transportabrasil.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/nova-marginal-tiete3.jpg

(yay! it was an accident, but I found a picture with drawings to explain even! "Pista Local" means "Local Way" and I guess you can deduct that "Pista Espressa" means "Expressway")

My idea so far:

Build the RHW-10s

Build a 3 tile avenue 1 tile apart from the RHW-10s

Use MIS and maybe one-way roads if necessary to create ramps between the two, the idea is that by driving "sideways" (like when changing lanes) a driver will be able to switch between RHW-10s and the 3-tile avenue.

And from the 3-tile avenue he can park in the parking garage nearest to his huge office building.

But I cannot figure how to do it :( Seemly all NWM intersections are 90 degrees... any help?

itsacoaster

Here is something I've done myself, probably more related to your picture than your request:

But no, there is not a great way to do what you request.  You could drag a one-way road diagonally into the normal Maxis avenue.  But generally, diagonal intersections in NWM are not well supported yet.

speeder

Oooh, yes, you understood exactly what I want :)

Any way to "split again" that 4 lane OWR? (so I can also merge from the OWR to the highway)

itsacoaster

Yes, you split it in the exact same way.

After you draw a few tiles of OWR-4, draw the regular OWR-2 in the very next tile WITHOUT connecting it, and the transition will magically appear.  It's fairly intuitive, so even trial and error will get you there.

This transition is different from the MIS to OWR-2 transition, where you have to directly connect the two networks.