• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman121

QuoteUnless I'm missing something, I don't see how it's possible to make a stack interchange any more compact than this catastrophe, since FLEXFly can't be placed over itself. Looks like it's this mess, a cloverleaf, or nothing.

With a bit of drawing it is possible to make a more compact interchange.

I whipped this up in a few minuets

Eventually with the inventory of pieces the NAM team has to play with Flex Interchanges will come to the fore.

They will essentially be interchanges that look like puzzle pieces but are in fact flex pieces joined together. They will have some capability to be upgraded without demolishing the whole thing. Of course there is no timeline for inclusion however.

-eggman121

Edit: Nice work Seaman  :thumbsup:

Bet me too it  :D

Tarkus

Quote from: Seaman on July 31, 2017, 11:07:04 PM
I think Tarkus just enhanced some RHW stability to get a nice compact stack, but can't find his post, yet.

It's right here, back on Page 211.  The code I wrote to make that one possible was added in NAM 35.  The trick was having the two mainlines at L0 and L3, with the connecting ramps at L1 and L2.  Here's a little reminder of what it looked like (more details in the original post.

Quote from: Tarkus on July 17, 2016, 01:59:21 AM
Minor stability fix, major interchange build:

-Alex

Haljackey

Filled in the median in the middle of this interchange as part of a highway widening project I'm working on.

Before:

After:

Zoom in:

(Traffic is real, no generators here!  :thumbsup:)

Alan_Waters

As always. The intersections is not beautiful, but original. $%Grinno$%

josh6

@Alan_Waters: I really like that! Is that a 10x1 lot? Or are those multiple lots that made the retaining walls?
Attatched is a highway scene from my city. The top and the far right are FLUP tunnel networks

Seaman

Quote from: josh6 on August 06, 2017, 11:21:32 PM
@Alan_Waters: I really like that! Is that a 10x1 lot? Or are those multiple lots that made the retaining walls?

It looks like marrast's m-tel: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1178
They are long single lots.

BTW, nice setup there, Josh6 :)

medit84truth

Diamond Interchange

Inside Avenue Intersection Interchange

Inside Avenue Intersection Interchange - Zoom Out

Alan_Waters

Excellent! :thumbsup:
Where can I find such a bridge, as in the first photo? ()what()

Alan_Waters

As always, I'm looking for interesting solutions for intersections. This time I tried to combine RHW and Project Symphony:

Need a lot of lifting on L2 with a smooth turn or rising diagonally. It would have been more natural.

Seaman

medit84truth

kelis

What an Intersection !! It looks very realistic, congratulations for that one  &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Alan_Waters

dyoungyn

I agree the Turbine Interchange is sweet. 

Only complaint is the L0 to L1 RHW6 elevation transitions; I personally do not like them.  I tend to extend out for the elevation differences.

bladeberkman

Here's a frontage diamond. Texan, here.  :)

metarvo

Texans, represent!  When it comes to frontage roads, I always approve!  :thumbsup:

That turbine is looking really slick, too.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Tarkus

Was helping out a user on /r/simcity4 with building a T-interchange with the RHW, and decided to record my building it in real time--no speeding up or anything.  This is actually the second attempt (the first one took an additional four minutes).

https://www.youtube.com/v/TpKgeSWMZIg

Here's an image of the end product.

-Alex

dyoungyn

Alex,

Wow, you really opened my eyes to new possibilities.  I was wondering why you didn't use a flex curve as now I see why.  Wonder demonstration and thank you.

Alan_Waters

Alex, it's slim, stylish, compact and beautiful!
Bravo!  &apls &apls &apls
I would be very happy if there was such a ready-made intersection in the RHW.  ::)