• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RAIL AUTOMATA

Started by 0715463494, February 18, 2018, 08:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi again,can someone please tell me whats going on here :angrymore:

noahclem

Don't think I've ever had that behavior occur. In the first case it kinda looks like...bad behavior on the part of the passenger carriage, being perpetrated against the locomotive  :shocked2:

Since both occur nearby a very steep change in slope I'm suspecting that's involved. Perhaps graphics setting adjustment might help? Or (better yet for approaching realism) avoid very steep slopes for rails altogether. No idea other than that but guess you could try changing various things to see if something else eventually fixes it (automata set, train length, etc).

mgb204

Best guess this is related to the modding of the automata you are using. There are limits to the dimensions supported, go outside those and odd things can happen. Especially with slopes/curves and other content not originally included in the game.

Simple test, remove your automata mod, do the Maxis defaults have the same behaviour? If those work, you know it's the automata at fault. If not, come back to us, there may be a pathing issue involved.

Its still doing the same. :crytissue:

Fixed it,yay  $%Grinno$%.i deleted the the NAM _a_EP1Paths.da file,dont know if i break something else,but it looks like its working fine now.

mgb204

That file just contains the updated paths included in the EP1 update, a copy of which is needed in NAM for reasons I can't recall now.

Since the pathing for Viaduct Rail and RHW, two completely non-Maxis networks, are kept elsewhere, it's hard to see correlation here. I'll try to check into things at some point, but I must say generally speaking we would advise against removing random files from the NAM. There will likely be unexpected consequences to doing so.

This does make me ponder, are you sure you've a fully patched version of SC4? A lot of crazy bugs result from not having a properly installed the EP1 (or 1.638.0.0) patch. For example, certain path types were only ever supported by this update, so if you had them (say in the EP1 paths file), but didn't actually have the code updated to understand such paths, that's a recipe for problems.

I will let you know if i encounter problems because of deleting the file,hope not,lol.Thanks for the help anyway.

I downloaded the game from GOG games,if that would help?