• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

old gas station lot/BATs

Started by buckbeach, December 12, 2017, 09:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckbeach

Recently back to trying to play SimCity4 and recreate some of the data I once had.  A couple of crashed computers ( and also an internal and  external hard drive crashes) ago,  has left me trying to find some old retro 1950 style gas stations. I don't remember the author but as I recall their was a Richfield and a Mobil station and maybe a couple others.

Tried searching the file exchange here and the Lex over at SC4 Devotion to no avail.  I would appreciate any ideas.

Buck

I also posted this over on Simtropolis

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

buckbeach

Thanks I appreciate your come back, but those are not ones I am referring too.

I seem to recall them having to word retro or 1950 in the title.  Also I don't think they were packaged.

Buck

Found some old floppies and I'm sure the author was B62 or Bobbie62.  Found some retros over at STEX but his old gas stations were not among those retroed.

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

buckbeach

Once again thank you for your efforts to help me.  I have been reviewing old floppies dated in 2005 but it must have gotten them later.  At one point I started exclusively using backup hard drives :crytissue:

I still have a couple of options.  Still have one external that I need to locate the power cord for and there is the possibility of opening up my last crashed computer and extracting the hard drive that is still intact.  Not sure I want to go to that trouble, but, those gas stations were very cool and perfect for a small start up rural town.

Buck

David H

sounds like you're possibly looking for bobb662's stations.

Most of bobbo's stuff was lost when Simtropolis upgraded the site in the mid-00s.

Thankfully a user named "Nos.17" uploaded a bunch of re-lotted buildings bobbo had and the are once again available for public.

https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30590-b62-remastered-service-station-mega-pack/

If not there, check here - https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30815-b62-remastered-the-forsaken-files/

buckbeach

Thank you.  Nope and nope to links.  Too bad as the stations I am talking about were perfect for start or rural towns.

I will continue searching and if I find them I will someway bring them to the attention of you all.

Buck

buckbeach

Found references to the gas stations I am referring to over at Simtropolis in a tutorial file by Ripple Jet called Tutorial: Growing Empty Lots and How to correct them.

The lots are by Bobbo662.  Here are the names:
Old Mobil Service Station -    Old Mobil Service Station_6f1cccd4.SC4Lot
Old Total Service Station -    Old Total Service Station_ef1e581c.SC4Lot
Petro-Canada Service Station -  Petro-Canada Service Station_4f3747d2.SC4Lot
Phillips 66 - Phillips 66_909e6a53.SC4Lot
Retro Gulf Station - Retro Gulf_b2194a01.SC4Lot
Retro Mobil - Retro Mobil v.3_7232aa15.SC4Lot
Retro Texaco Service Station - Retro Texaco_523661b8.SC4Lot

If anybody out there still has access to these on their computers or backups, I would very much appreciate having them.

These would make a great addition to those wanting to keep some small rural areas in their region.

Keeping my fingers cross I will be able to get these again.

BTW I don't know how applicable the Ripple Jet tutorial is today but it looks like a great read for those wanting to tweak their lots.

Buck