• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Hi Nick!

Oh dear! These models fo yours, it's start to be a very different level of details... Just like your lots from the custom made textures to the props usage and now prop making... Amazing work!!!  &apls &apls &apls &apls

Thanks in advance these gems! :)

- Tyberius/Tibi
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

tigerbuilder

Man...you are going all out. Great work! You are becoming a texturing master.

I agree...these facilities are very regulated...they have constant Maintenance. Making a simple texture is enough. If they were rusty, a regulator would be there to order it fixed for safety. The subtle ones look this the best IMHO.

Keep it up brother! these works are super nice!

Cheers, Tiger

Shark7

Quote from: Simmer2 on July 16, 2017, 04:43:08 PM
Thank you Alan_Waters, feyss, tigerbuilder, matias93 and dyoungyn

@Getron
I will be making a set of industrial oil pipes.

Refineries and depots oil pipes cannot be rusted/decrepit or otherwise in bad shape. I did an in depth search on oil pipe maintenance and found that just about every oil company has dedicated crews of men for maintaining oil lines in perfect order. Mine will be something in between. Mostly off white with dust or a shade of gray.

Simmer2

There is a shut-in refinery not far from where I live.  Has been so for about 15 years now.  It is quite rusty and decrepit.  Without those maintenance crews you mentioned, oilfield and refinery structures will begin to decay very quickly.

Also, there is an abandoned tank battery about 10 miles from where I live.  After 20 years of no use, it is in very bad shape.

Your tanks are looking fine for in service refineries.  The decrepit one is interesting, most of the tanks around here do not have that elaborate fire extinguishing system.  Then again, none of those tanks are near residences either.

One thing I have noticed with most of the oil-field related in SC4.  They lack the proper berms around the tanks that are standard in real life tank batters and tank farms, at least where I live.  These berms are there to keep any spills contained into a small area around the tanks, rather than spreading out into the surrounding terrain.

Mad_genius

@Simmer2 Decided to post here just to add my voice to all of those that already expressed the gratitude and interest for your awesome work. Every time you post some images of your projects I'm "forced" to spend a lot of time looking at all the details with a huge smile on my face.

And, as time goes on, you just keep getting better and better.
Pratically all the things that you've already release on the LEX have been instant downloads for my cities and I guess that that won't change any time soon.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the hard work you keep putting into each of your creations.

seraf

The level of details is superb  &apls

Getron

@simmer2: I understand what you mean, and I meant that too. It does not look like new, but as used. Like your last pictures. What I have to say is that they look brilliant again.  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

Baltimore

Those tanks look awesome , awaiting release .
AKA raynev1 @Simtropolis
See what I'm into when I'm not playing Simcity4
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq2BmSZmH0YW7U6TithLBsQ

vester

Looks great.

You really got the wear and tear look on the spot.

The 0.8 meter inlet is that the red one ?

Simmer2

Thank you everyone. I truly appreciate your vote of confidence!

@vester I re-measured the pipes and here are the correct stats. (late night, double vision lol)
The inlet I'm referring to is the darker one that goes to the top circled in red. The red pipes are for the fire extinguisher system.

FYI. On Friday I'm going to the Dominican Republic for some much needed R&R. See ya all at the end of next week.
I may or may not post a couple of images with new stuff before Friday

Simmer2/Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Dantes

This is HD+ BATwork  :o Very impressive!

Simmer2

@Dantes Thank you!

Well, I'm back from holidays and eager to jump right in  :D

Soooo, I'm posting a few pics of a lot I'm working on (One of a series).
Added a few more models as well. Including a version of the truck loading facility!!

Work in progress

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Getron

It look awesome.  &apls

Specially how you use the pipe lay out.  :thumbsup:

Krasner

Excellently detailed - I love the manual commands for the switches, well-thought and certainly very useful for railroad lots  :thumbsup:  A small gatehouse with a security fence added to that may be a nice addition imo - such places need to be monitored  :)
ANARCHIST !!

Alan_Waters

Photographically. Terrific! I'm looking forward to it.  :thumbsup:

FrankU

korver

The lot is coming together beautifully :thumbsup:

Really love that old spherical tank in particular. Can never have enough rusty stuff :)

tomvsotis

Simmer2

Thank you everyone!

Continuing the Fuel Terminal pipe network......
These pipes will also be released as stand alone pieces to connect your oil industries.

Some combos shown, more patterns coming soon.

Simmer2

Simmer2

*Cough*...*COUGH*...sooo much dust in here.

Time to re-start this tread. Starting with some old stuff I showed but never made it out due to a very busy RL. :(   

Months ago I created a lot named SM2 Metal Coatings Inc depicting an old fictional industrial factory in a semi-abandoned state. Well, I completely overhauled it by creating a brand new base texture, new props (including my first tree) and re-lotting it.

It is a ploppable 6X4 lot made as an IM landmark with 20 jobs (mostly made up of clean up crews) ;D Perfect for those run down industrial areas on your map.

It sports its own single track spur which will visually connect to the rail STR network and a gated street entrance that will also visually connect to streets for that seamless look.

I will be releasing it in the next day or two, once I have finalized it. The new props will be included with this lot rather than waiting for my next prop pack release.

Here are 4 pics showing it in different angles.

Simmer2/Nick

Tyberius06

Nick is back!
Good to see the ressurrection of this thread :D :D
I still fighting with downloading my old stuffs from here and there, and I'm on holiday back in Hungary to pick my old PC up and bring it out to UK. After that I need to rebuild the PC and move most of my SimCity stuff onto the PC.
But eventually I will go back to continue the Seaports, so whenever you have time and energy or mood, could you make those NSB overlays (Diag, FAR and their transitions with each other and Orhto pieces) what I asked? No rush, as I said, I'm still away from LOTting (I hardly have time to try the new NAM features.)

And of course I can't wait to play with this nice little building what you showed here! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.