• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AC Functional, Upgradeable Airports, Support Thread

Started by RippleJet, May 17, 2008, 10:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_hellmonkey

Do these airports replace the functionality of the Maxis airpots?  I plopped one down, but was still getting the popup for commuters asking for an airport.  I did have a city bug out on me a while ago where the same thing happened.  Just curious.

whatevermind

They do replace the functionality, but they don't get rid of that message unless you actually plop the Maxis airports.

builder

Hello,

I have an issue with my upgradeable airports. The tiles of the runway and other parts of the airport open areas seem to be missing, and I sometimes see the grass beneath the airport, or the blue gridlike texture from the game itself. I have all the dependencies - I've checked! I tried searching for a thread about it, but didn't find any. Can anyone help?

Sabretooth78

I apologize for necromancing, but I've discovered a few things that might be of interest to those users who aren't interested in/can't use the entire functional airport pack:

With regard to the CdS Seaplane Base,

Quote from: Voltaire on June 10, 2011, 03:23:42 AM
RT CdS Seaplane Base
   AC MEGA Props Vol01
   BSC MEGA Props MJB Vol01
   BSC MEGA Props RT Vol01
   BSC Textures Vol01
   (repeat) BSC MEGA Props SG Vol01
   (repeat) CSX MEGA Props Vol06

Note that the dependencies BSC MEGA Props MJB Vol01 and BSC MEGA Props RT Vol01 are not listed in the readme.  Additionally, there is what appears to be a fence on the land side corner of the lot behind the hangar.  Does anybody have any idea which in which file these props are contained?  I can't get them to appear even when I load it with my full suite of prop packs - which includes most if not all of the most common suspects - over 1.2 GB of them.

Regarding the BLS City and Airport Bus Stop, the only files that appear to be needed from the SG Bus Stops are SG_BusStop01.dat, SG_BusStop09.dat and SG_BusStopLg.dat.  Again, however, there is an unidentified prop just in front of the street light on Lots 5 and 6 which I can't seem to locate.

Mymyjp

Good morning/afternoon/evening,

I was hoping to get some assistance with an issue I am currently experiencing.

I originally installed all RIMP, AC volumes, AC functional airport v2.1 and all dependencies.

I then decided to use the Dulles and JFK airports. They require v.2.2 (AC functional). So I removed V2.1, installed v.2.2 and then installed Dulles and JFK.

By doing so, I noticed I lost items in my airport menu. I no longer have the prefab airports and there use to be two small terminals with about 28k capacity (kinda blue and brown color).

I search everywhere for an answer, but I seem unable to locate it. I removed everything again, ran the cleanitols, and still, I am unable to see those prefab airport.

Under the X-ports / Airports - all the enable are there.

Your assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Myriam.

FrankU

I am sorry Mymyjp,

I have no clue.....
Because you did get no answer I fear I am not getting one too, but I'll try anyway.

Please read this.

I have made a relot of the SpaceLauch pad, based on the Maxis lot. I did not touch the building exemplar, it's just a relot.
Now I would like to use this relot in a region where I have also installed AC Functional Airports, Version 2.1.
This file contains a new building exemplar and a new lot exemplar. Now I always thought that if I load another lot exemplar after this one I should see the last loaded lot. In casu: my relot. But this seems not to work.
I checked in Reader and saw that the AC Airports Space pad lot IID has stayed the same as the Maxis lot IID.

Wherever I place my relot, whatever file order I choose.... I always get the ugly Maxis/AC Airport lot that has not been changed in the AC airport set. Funny enough, though, I see that the Icon is mine......

Can someone help me?

Nosimx

Hi,

also for me, none of the two (or four) airports by xannepan work. I gave it a short look, but I haven't found one of the bugs. Another sign that something more serious is broken gives datpacker with its error messages, when you try to compact the x-ports folder. (Not recommended for playing.)

There are some properties dealing with airports, which are described in the wiki. One of them does the tricky connection between airport and enabler. Then, in the functional airport dat there is a property which lists all available airports, one of them being the spaceport. Third, one significant feature of all airport is: if you plop one, you (should) get a construction site. There are some properties dedicated to this. As long as you don't get the construction site it won't work properly.

Hopefully this helps.

markussaage

Well,

have you tried this:

go to X-Ports -> Airports and rename both JENX airports enablers to

zz_Enable JENXAIRPORT Dulles
and
zz_Enable JENXAIRPORT JFK

That worked for me.
Kind regards!

FrankU

Quote from: FrankU on June 11, 2015, 02:57:15 AM
I have made a relot of the SpaceLauch pad, based on the Maxis lot. I did not touch the building exemplar, it's just a relot.
Now I would like to use this relot in a region where I have also installed AC Functional Airports, Version 2.1.
This file contains a new building exemplar and a new lot exemplar. Now I always thought that if I load another lot exemplar after this one I should see the last loaded lot. In casu: my relot. But this seems not to work.
I checked in Reader and saw that the AC Airports Space pad lot IID has stayed the same as the Maxis lot IID.

Wherever I place my relot, whatever file order I choose.... I always get the ugly Maxis/AC Airport lot that has not been changed in the AC airport set. Funny enough, though, I see that the Icon is mine......

Can someone help me?

Meanwhile I did some further experimenting. When I edit the AC Functional Airports, Version 2.1.dat and change the size of the lot in the Developer Exemplar and in the Prop Exemplar and then add textures and props with SC4-Pim I find that I finally get the lot I want. I can plop it too. But I don't know if it functions like expected. Is this an allowed way of editing a lot? Or do I screw up things heavily?
Does anyone know?

Probably it is not allowed to release such an edited AC Functional Airports, Version 2.1.dat, but is there an other way to let others use my changed space center?

Hypercene

I've just installed the SC4 Functional Airports Version 2.2 (v. 1.0) and had the same problem as Mymyjp - all the modular parts appeared in the menu fine, as well as the Dulles and JFK terminals and the 35x5 expansion runways (greyed out) but no AC Grass Airstrip.

Quote from: markussaage on June 13, 2015, 07:37:21 AM
Well,

have you tried this:

go to X-Ports -> Airports and rename both JENX airports enablers to

zz_Enable JENXAIRPORT Dulles
and
zz_Enable JENXAIRPORT JFK

That worked for me.
Kind regards!
Didn't  work for me - until I extended the same logic and renamed
Plugins\X-Ports\Airports\Enable AC Prefab Airport.dat
to
Plugins\X-Ports\Airports\zz_Enable AC Prefab Airport.dat

Everything now appears to be showing up correctly in the menu, the grass airstrip placed OK - and promptly upgraded itself three times.

Worked for me, anyhow - ymmv.

spaced

I too was frustrated with the plugin airports and airport facilities not showing up in the airports menu.  I found I had to place the zz_ before all the physical airport facilities in that folder (airports, helipads, cargo facilities, airport bus shuttles, exc...).

What is the purpose of the Remove Maxis airports dat files?  I ask, because they still show up in my airport menu. It is too bad that the installation file for this plugin does not contain the remove Maxis airport dat files.  I don't think you can download the original functional airport files from here anymore.  I was lucky enough to have a old plugins folder I had archived.

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: spaced on July 03, 2016, 12:39:03 AM
I too was frustrated with the plugin airports and airport facilities not showing up in the airports menu.  I found I had to place the zz_ before all the physical airport facilities in that folder (airports, helipads, cargo facilities, airport bus shuttles, exc...).
There's a simpler solution: add a b_ prefix to the "SC4 Functional Airports 2.2.dat" file. It seems that renaming this file (which contains all the airport building exemplars) from the previous "BSC Functional Airports.dat" inadvertently broke the enablers by loading them before this file. This fix should also remove the Maxis airports from your menu (if you have the "Remove Maxis Airport" files installed).

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

scoty

Bonjour,
I made a functional airport of 15 stages, like the BLS Airport Shuttle of BarbyW. But the only way to keep all of AC Team's airports, and mine, is to change the "Developer Exemplar" of the [AC Functional Airports version 2.1.dat] file, adding my instance.
I would have liked to distribute this new Lotting in addition to yours ; Without having modified the file of course. Would anyone have a solution?
Thank you and sorry for the google translation.  ;)
... that's my pixel, click away!

Juan Pablo Be

I have several enquiries:
1. Is there any way of going to a certain stage? It's almost impossible to actually reach the 9th, your population should be really high for it's related and that's difficult in certain cities.
2. The airports don't take the actual commercial jobs available but the inhabitant's actual jobs, am I right? It won't make sense otherwise, I have 800.000 jobs but the airports says over 500.000 aprox, the city has 550.000 sims so it makes sense.
3. Does anyone know how to get rid of the annoying message to built SC4 awful's airports? Thanks.

:)

RobertaME

It doesn't seem anyone is responding to this thread anymore, but I'll add my issues.

I'm getting brown boxes for the Car Rental and Dulles Arrivals and can't identify the cause. I have all dependencies (including the one listed in the comments for both DLs) and still get brown boxes where cars should be. I have adjusted the SC4_Functional_Airports_V2.2.dat to have a "b_" prefix, as well as all enablers adding a "zz_" prefix, just to be certain of load order and almost all of the lots populate in the menus, but there are these persistent bugs:

For Dulles Arrivals (all three): SC4 Data Node shows S3d files 5ad0e817-995332fd-00030000 through 00030430 as missing, as well as prop/family instances a1e0000c, a1e0000d, aie0000f.

For AVIS, Hertz, and Alamo: S3d files 5ad0e817-DA1E90DC-00030000 through 00030430 are missing, as well as prop/family instances 15632AC6, B5632B2C, and FSH file 7AB50E44-0986135E-F7584020.

Lastly, the SWAP Package Loading Center is not populating in any menus, neither in Seaports, Airports, nor anywhere else. (yes, the enabler is in the Airports subfolder along with the core files)

I have little hope in these being resolved and will likely just fix them myself in LE and Reader, (which will be very time consuming) but still most irritating is that there appears to be no support for functional airports anymore. When I complete my fixes I may make the modified files available to those who are having the same issues. (but don't hold your breath... I don't even know if that's allowed or how long it's going to take to chase down all these errors)  :angrymore:

DMN

I had  had a most difficult time getting any help on here. Still cannot get the Dulles Terminal or the JFK terminal.

Tarkus

The people involved with the AC Team, including xannepan (who did the later content referenced here, pretty much on his own after almost all the rest of the AC Team left) haven't been active in the SC4 world in a very long time, and unfortunately, being a rather specialized area, there's a real lack of knowledge/ability to provide support for this content today.

-Alex

sietse

The issue with brown boxes for JENX's Dulles and Car Rental lots is with VIP Girafe Carpack vol 1. https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26808-vip-carpack-vol1/

The original vol1. contains a nr of models by Vnaoned (Vnaoned_VIP_Vehicules.dat) and a few Renaul Meganes not in the vol01 + vol02 pack

The zzzzz_JENXPROP_Cars.dat is referencing said models. That is why the brown boxes show up when plopping these lots.

xxdita

I will try to take a look at it this week, to see if I can find the missing props. Maybe by digging through some of the development threads, I'll be able to come up with some answers.

TheTeaCat

Quote from: sietse on February 24, 2020, 01:23:24 AM
The issue with brown boxes for JENX's Dulles and Car Rental lots is with VIP Girafe Carpack vol 1. https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26808-vip-carpack-vol1/

The original vol1. contains a nr of models by Vnaoned (Vnaoned_VIP_Vehicules.dat) and a few Renaul Meganes not in the vol01 + vol02 pack

The zzzzz_JENXPROP_Cars.dat is referencing said models. That is why the brown boxes show up when plopping these lots.

This is available in the JENXAIRPORT available here https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3011 :)

TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II