• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

True Earth

Started by korver, May 04, 2016, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Well, I have to say, I'm very jelous of your patient and motivation. It's just increadible. And thank you very much to leading us into to making process.
It's just amazing! :)
&apls &apls &apls &aplsd
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

dyoungyn

Absolutely stupendous.  Only wish you could share you awesome BATs.  Your work is totally amazing and exacting details.

_Michael

Truly spectacular! I love the insight into your techniques-I might give it a go when I have some spare time! I really love the true variety of all of your scenes. Urban, rural and natural, all of which are executed to the highest of standards!

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

tomvsotis

These are all wonderful, obviously, but I'm particularly fascinated and impressed by the Cameroon one, and the accompanying insight into your process. The way you've taken that Google Earth shot and recreated it in a grid-based game is just... damn. There aren't enough superlatives, really. Incredible.

TheTeaCat

These pics are just incredible. This MD has to be up there with the best there has ever been.
Your truly are an artist when it comes to this game. I don't believe I have ever seen such true to life pics before. The level of detail in every pic is just mesmerising.

Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

Vizoria

manga rivotra

I do not speak English well enough to use the right superlative (if it exists)  ::), so I would rather just say that I am delighted to be jealous of your skills and your talent and that I hope to be even more often ! Thanks you to share a another masterpiece.  :thumbsup:

omgitskosc

An outrageous display of skill and effort. True Art! :thumbsup:

korver

- UPDATE 10: Sydney -

Our trip to Sydney begins with one of the world's most recognizable buildings - the Sydney Opera House. Built in 1973 - its unique white seashell shape truly sets this skyline apart from the rest. Sitting just behind it is the Royal Botanic Gardens - opened in 1816, there's no better place to take a stroll on a sunny day.

Just as recognizable is the world famous Sydney Harbour Bridge - built in 1932, it's one of the best ways to cross the harbour. At night, its distinctive lights dominate the surrounding waters.

Water taxis are a great way to get around the harbour, and the Circular Quay (whose name contradicts its squarish shape) near the CBD is one of the most popular destinations in the entire city.

Sydney is a city known for it's suburbs. In fact, it's got 555 of them - but few are as beautiful as Lavender Bay. It's easily reached by water taxi, has great views of the Harbour Bridge and the skyline in the distance - not to mention being ranked consistently as one of Sydney's most livable suburbs. It's a great place to call home.

A rainy day in the CBD. Some of Sydney's most recognizable buildings can be found near Hyde Park - such as the MLC Centre, which held the title as the city's tallest building for 15 years. Nearby is the Sydney Tower - completed in 1981, you can enjoy some exotic cuisine from its 360 degree rotating restaurant.

Another scene from the CBD - some of Sydney's tallest buildings - Deutsche Bank Place, Chifley Tower, Aurora Place, and Governor Philip Tower tower over the Royal Botanic Gardens.

However, it's at night that these buildings truly come to life.

And finally, some overviews of the city.

Special thanks goes out to all the various creators at 3D Warehouse, as many buildings here were imported from there (too many to list). If you're interested, just search "Sydney" there and you'll find many of the same models I used - you'll need to have basic gmax/3dsmax knowledge to get the model into the game however, but it isn't very difficult. The highway system is modular, for an insight of how I created it and the process behind it, please take a look at the comments section of my "City Overview" and "Night Scenes" ST challenge entries.

-korver

---

REPLIES

compdude787: Thanks, glad you liked them! I have one last epic waterfall coming this year so be on the lookout..

Badsim: Thanks for the kind words and the k-point, means a lot from one of my favorite creators of all time :)

Tyberius06: Thanks, yeah this kind of work requires quite a lot of patience but it's worth it :)

dyoungyn: Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately, I didn't create them so I don't have permission to share them. But they aren't that hard to get into the game. (If anyone's interested, the Paramaribo buildings can be found here)

michae95l: Thanks Michael, glad that my guide was able to help you.

Simmer2: Thanks Simmer :)

tomvsotis: Thanks, glad you liked the Yaounde picture, probably my favorite of the bunch.

TheTeaCat: Thanks for that high praise, much appreciated :)

Kergelen: Thank you for the kind words.

Vizoria: Thanks once again Vizoria :)

manga rivotra: Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

omgitskosc: Thanks KOSC :)

manga rivotra

Stunning beauty and realism, as every time!   :o 
The last photo would make a perfect poster in my room.  :thumbsup:

Girafe

Awesome update  &apls &apls

I love the park and the work done with the MMP  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Vizoria

Yet more mad photoshopping skills.

Kitsune

Having been to Sydney in March that is a very very excellent and getting to hit the Like button only once does not do it justice.
~ NAM Team Member

APSMS

Although the accuracy of any of these images is lost on me (I have zero idea of what Sydney looks like from the ground, much less the air), man are they stunning.

Those water reflections are just insane. :shocked2: The detail with the buildings casting shadows on the ground objects is great too (I am aware you do this for most of your pics). But of course it's the extra touches here that really give it that extra sense of realism and make up for the fact that SC4 lacks a vanishing point camera (which I have to say the water ripples and reflections really do a lot to mitigate).
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

reddonquixote

Another amazing update! You have definitely captured the distinctive Sydney feel  :thumbsup:

Being super-super-super picky though.. the reflections of the opera house in the water is a bit of a strange angle. All the reflections at night are delightful though ;D

I feel like I want to see a Tsunehisa Kimura styled post-apocalyptic version now  :D
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Themistokles

Dropped ma jaw.

You have your very own style and I struggle to find a name for it. While it's not photorealistic, mind if I call it post-realistic? :)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

tomvsotis

wowowowowowowowowowow  &apls  &apls  &apls

as an Australian (albeit an ex-pat), I have been to Sydney plenty of times, and the way you've recreated it is just astonishing. are you gonna do the famous ocean swimming pool at Bronte Beach? (for non-Australians, this is a swimming pool carved into the rocks at one of Sydney's prettiest beaches - the ocean refills it constantly, and it's a pretty amazing place to do laps!)

kbieniu7

I love those green-spaced MMP's areas. Magnicifient work  :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!