• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Mapper 2013 Version Support thread Version 5!

Started by wouanagaine, January 13, 2013, 11:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

Not a bug, what you see are the mapper colors as it doesn't render the terrain. You have to go into each tile and 'save-and-exit-to-region' in order to render the region in whichever terrain mod you have installed.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Mikey Knox

slavrenz

Quote from: Karabina on July 28, 2013, 11:07:45 AM
Hello everyone, i might have found a small issue with my Mapper.
I want to create a region from a sc4m file, but everytime I click OK, a blue window pops up in front of the program, a tutorial or guide, something like that.
The thing is, I can't see the top or the bottom of that window, therefore it's impossible to close it and it won't move  ()what()
There are also, small button-thingy with a red X, but it won't do nothing either
Is it only me or do I have to do something to avoid this?

Edit: White squares were supposed to be images  :D

Karabina, did you ever find a solution for this? Running into the same problem on my machine...

twalsh102

Slavrenz:  What you are seeing is an .HTML read me file from the map's creator. 

SC4 Terraformer provides a capability for a content creator to actually embed his read me file (in HTML format) within the SC4M file.  The idea being that when someone opens the SC4M file in Terraformer or SC4 Mapper, the instructions converting the map to a region are there front and center.  This usually isn't an issue when the content creator sticks strictly to text, as the instructions are fairly short and straightforward.  The entire file will fit within the screen area and you can then close it as usual.

The problem you  (and I, and others) experience is when the content creator tries to be helpful and includes 1 or more pictures regions he has created from the map and built up.  This can make the HTML file longer than will fit on the screen.  Further, SC4 Mapper doesn't open the read me file in a separate browser, but with a built-in HTML file reader (I'm guessing).  When it opens the file, for whatever reason, it defaults to the bottom of the file instead of the top.  The practical result is you end up with a file that you can't move, or exit from, and you can't use SC4 Mapper until you get it out of the way.

I fought with this problem for a while until I chanced across a fairly simple resolution:

1.  Change your screen resolution to an extremely low setting.  This alone will often cause the top of the HTML file to line up with the top of your screen.  Then you can move it or close it.
2.  Change your screen resolution back to what it was originally.  If you didn't see the top of the HTML file in the lower resolution, you should see it now.

markussaage

Hi,

I am sorry to post in this old thread, but after installing the newest version of this tools my anti virus scanner reports a trojan horse every time I start this tool.

Is this a false message?
Thanks!

Kind regards!

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana