• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

Unless you're expecting a ton of traffic using those ramps (In which case a stck or cloverstack is better), then a volleyball interchange would work with the existing setup. There's a few pieces available for those.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

jsme

I just registered, but before, and after registering, I can not see the pictures on most of the posts, I also can not see these pictures on this post? the image has a icon that says "discover image shack" or something like that, anyone mind telling me what I need to do to view the images on this site?

art128

Quote from: jsme on July 15, 2015, 09:43:38 AM
I just registered, but before, and after registering, I can not see the pictures on most of the posts, I also can not see these pictures on this post? the image has a icon that says "discover image shack" or something like that, anyone mind telling me what I need to do to view the images on this site?

I'm afraid there is nothing that can be done. The pictures were removed by the image hosting website imageshack, as they often purge their servers.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

belfastsocrates

Quote from: art128 on July 15, 2015, 10:00:46 AM
Quote from: jsme on July 15, 2015, 09:43:38 AM

Why do they purge? I host with imageshack as well and I'd hate to have something similar happen!

I'm afraid there is nothing that can be done. The pictures were removed by the image hosting website imageshack, as they often purge their servers.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Tarkus

ImageShack used to have an option of hosting files for free, and was routinely used by many SC4 players for MD purposes as a result.  When they redid the site and required accounts, they wiped out a ton of stuff from their servers in the process.  Majhost was another popular one, and they seem to have completely shut down.  Most of my image files in development threads and in my MD before the last couple years were hosted on either of those two sites.  Fortunately, I have backup for most of it (albeit scattered on several HDs), but it's a lot of effort to get that online again, but I suspect a lot of other users aren't as fortunate (and many of them aren't around to fix things, either)..

-Alex

mgb204

I know my account on Photobucket is a real mess, the longer I leave it, the less chance of organising everything, with the recent demise of the Simpeg.com though it seems a good time to do it now. Again I've backups of everything, it's just tracking down all those images and relinking them afterwards. What's really annoying is that it shouldn't be that hard to move a picture into a subfolder or whatever but retain the original links functionally, I'm pretty sure that isn't how things work though.

j-dub

I think the only exception to that rule (may be) dropbox. Personally that's more suited for file files. At least there is always Flickr as opposed to image shack.

Schohns

Today I stumbled upon a fun little interchange layout called 'double trumpet' so I tried and built my own version in SC4:

Click to enlarge, 1.25MB

The area within the red circle is bugging me. I can't place fillers there without messing up the level 2 MIS :/ it worked on the other side, though.

EDIT:
I just finished a larger version with smooth curves everywhere, slightly larger capacity, and no unsolvable filler-placing problems. Not exactly space-saving, though ;D

Click to enlarge, 1.5MB

simonvangenderen

Built this gigantic interchange:

compdude787

Here's my first NAM 33 interchange. No old-school puzzle pieces were used in the making of this interchange. I love the overrideable curves--no more plopping fillers on diagonals!

Some zoomed-in views showing off the new features of NAM 33:

I gotta say, I've never been this excited to use a new piece of computer software since the debut of Windows 7 in 2009. Thanks NAM team for your awesomeness! :D
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

mgb204

Nice stuff, I wish I knew how to do that... Can you help me work out how to make the L1 RHW-8S - 2x L1 RHW-4S split from the bottom right of the junction. I've also no idea how you got the RHW-4S to be on the outside and MIS on the inside in the ramp at the Top Right of the junction. Any assistance would be appreciated  :).

compdude787

Quote from: mgb204 on August 01, 2015, 05:20:38 AM
Nice stuff, I wish I knew how to do that... Can you help me work out how to make the L1 RHW-8S - 2x L1 RHW-4S split from the bottom right of the junction. I've also no idea how you got the RHW-4S to be on the outside and MIS on the inside in the ramp at the Top Right of the junction. Any assistance would be appreciated  :).

Shoot, I should have made a video... :P

At first, I couldn't figure out the draggable ramp patterns, but then I started discovering them by accident. :D I still can't figure out how to drag out the  RHW-8S splitter ramp, so I just plopped down the D2 FlexRamp and dragged RHW-8S into it.

For the RHW-6S inside ramp, you can use that flexramp or you can drag it out. Drag the inside RHW first and extend it beyond where you want the ramp to be. Then drag the outside RHW up to where you want the ramp to be, then drag it in diagonally to the inner branch of the RHW. It'll probably be an RHW-4 at first, so then you should repeat the process, but drag the cursor one tile up from where you did before, and it will turn into the proper ramp. This probably makes no sense, which is why I ought to make a video of how to drag out all these ramps.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

mgb204

Thanks a million, once I realised I didn't have to go it alone with DRIs and used some Flexramps I could finally get the hang of things and produced this copy:

That's about the most taxing interchange I've ever made with RHW, the disconnector is a work of genius, I can't say how much swearing would have entailed without it!

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: compdude787 on August 01, 2015, 11:26:14 AM
This probably makes no sense, which is why I ought to make a video of how to drag out all these ramps.

Don't; I already have one queued up already. :P

This is currently unpublished, but I'm gonna tease it anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoUBt1vNb7I

Do I win a P2K bug now?
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Kuewr665

Thanks for that video, I was wondering if there was a way to set up those ramps without FlexRamp!

A small and simple elevated interchange I made with the new FlexFlys:

GDO29Anagram

<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

APSMS

Quote from: Ryan Bharath on August 03, 2015, 05:52:28 PM
By the way, does anyone know how to post full sized images on this website?
Hi Ryan,

For full-size pictures you will need to host them on external image-hosting website, like Photobucket, Imgur, Flickr, or Dropbox. Link the photo to the site using the image tag option in the menu.

Otherwise you attach the photos to the post, and are limited in size and quality. Click on resized images (like the attachment thumbnails) to see them at full size.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

medit84truth

[/quote]

I've been able to construct inside exit ramps, but how are you able to build one with it's own dedicated lane in/out?

Ramona Brie

A turning semi-directional T where the primary direction of traffic is south to east.

The provisional interchange it replaced.

A "heart" two-level semi-directional T with loop ramps.

Another, differently constructed, turning semi-directional T.