• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeratai

Thankyou :)... I figured out how to make some of them by looking to NAM readmes, but I can´t figure out how to make a 90 degree avenue curve. Can it be done?

eggman121

Quote from: Zeratai on June 21, 2015, 06:58:23 PM
Thankyou :)... I figured out how to make some of them by looking to NAM readmes, but I can´t figure out how to make a 90 degree avenue curve. Can it be done?

Glad I could help  :thumbsup:

As for the 90 deg curves there is no flex equivalent at the moment. We do however have Plans further down the road for that functionality  ::)

-eggman121

mgb204

Quote from: Zeratai on June 21, 2015, 05:47:05 PM
Hi, I have a problem with the curves (road s, avenue 45 and avenue 90, etc) when I place them only the trees appea, but no textures for the sidewalks. Can anyone know what is causing them to be blank?

Just to add to Eggman's comments, it sounds by trees like you are trying to use a mod for these pieces. If it's the one by Sithlrd98 that puts trees on these puzzle pieces, you should uninstall it since it's no longer compatible with the NAM. This is because a few versions ago the NAM team had to change the ID's of a lot of existing pieces which means the IDs in the mod are incorrect.

As for sidewalks, you can add sidewalks to the puzzle pieces using a mod called the Japanese NAM Facelift Mod, see here for full instructions on that one.

Zeratai

Thanks mgb, now the trees have dissappear. I will try to install the facelift mod with the tutorial provided, thanks. One question, is it possible to combine the trees from sithlrd mod and the sidewalks from the japanese faceliftmod?

mgb204

The trees are added by what is called a T21 mod, in essence you just need to update the ID's of the pieces and it will work once more. I was looking at this for another user ages ago, back then I couldn't figure out the problem.

The issue you have is working out what the old IDs are, the new ones can be easily enough worked out from looking at the existing textures (The Instance ID's of the textures should match the ID's of the T21). However, without knowing the old IDs, it's hard to work out which ID replaces which. Luckily in this case, all the information was provided by sithlrd98 in a tutorial here, so that's one problem solved.

No idea about your modding capabilities, it's simple in theory at least. I may look at releasing a new version of the mod that works with the later NAM versions.

:edit: Talk about a coincidence, Sithlrd98 came online for the first time in ages today, since I've permission to update them see here, I'll add that to my list of things to do and get a release out at some point.

:further edit: Ignore my previous comments, there is nothing wrong with the T21 mod whatsoever having tested it today. In my ignorance I totally overlooked that the Japanese NAM Facelift mod uses T21s to place the sidewalks onto these pieces. Therefore the two sets of T21 conflict, because they have the same IDs. Two ways to fix, combine the T21s or use Sithlrd's files and manually create the textures with your sidewalks baked in. When I release my latest automated sidewalk mod, I will include these WRC textures, that way you could have custom sidewalk textures and still keep the T21 as well.

vershner

Would someone be able to tell me what version of the HSR is installed with NAM32?

I read somewhere that when HSR was added to the NAM it got the new textures and a few little fixes, but after installing it seems to be the original version.
It could be that I still have an old version somewhere in my plugins, though I can't find it.

titanicbuff

I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

vershner

That's not what I meant, but I've managed to answer my own question anyway. The version installed with NAM 32 does not have the updated textures or the cantenaries.

mgb204

Quote from: titanicbuff on June 27, 2015, 06:17:37 PM
HSR was a new feature with NAM 32.

I think you may be confusing it with Real Railway, High Speed Rail (HSR) goes back quite some way...

Cantenaries would typically not be released with the NAM as there is a policy of not including props for the most part, here is one such mod for download Plundere's HSR cantenaries.

Tarkus

Quote from: vershner on June 27, 2015, 06:38:59 PM
That's not what I meant, but I've managed to answer my own question anyway. The version installed with NAM 32 does not have the updated textures or the cantenaries.

Catenaries weren't part of the plan, IIRC, but I do remember we did have another texture set--yours, in fact. :)  Somehow, it appears to have not made it into a release in all the shuffling--there's been two or three aborted HSRP update attempts over the years, and I found the textures in with some of those left over files on my HD.  I've retrieved them, and can get them into NAM 33.

-Alex

eugenelavery

I am trying to get rid of the grass on the sidewalks. I have achieved this previously with NAM 32 (I think) using mods by sithlrd98 and swamper. Having had to reinstall the game recently I have lost a few things and I cannot figure out how to get these mods working with the latest NAM.

titanicbuff

NAM 33 should have n evalable mod with wealthification section- if not see what mods are out there. Can't help beyond that without more detail.
I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

mgb204

Grass appearing on network textures means that the grass sections are part of the textures themselves, baked-in if you will, this is the default setup for both the vanilla game and also the NAM. Thusly, you will need separate mods to accomplish this, the NAM doesn't include any such mods (to my knowledge).

You can find one I made recently for the Avenue Network here, for the rest of the networks, you will need similar mods to change the textures. The only requirement for ensuring such mods work (without getting into compatibility with all pieces), is that the textures load after those that have the grass in them, so they are overridden. To be sure of this, such mods should load after the z___NAM folder, in practise that means a folder prefixed "z____" (that's four underscores) will load later.

I've templates for pretty much every texture (excluding RHW) knocking around and automated solutions in place to create new ones, so if you can't find a particular network, I'd be willing to help you out.

eugenelavery

Thanks! I would like them for streets, roads, one way streets, and NWM if possible. Just never liked the look of that dull grass on the sidewalks.

carlfatal

I hope that I am right here. Yesterday I´ve installed NAM 33, and it was the first time, I´ve tried the RRW. I used my current region for this. After loading I had some mix between old and new, mostly easy to change by clicking on the network itself.
But then the problems came up: SAM streets over rail disappeared at the crossing, sometimes I was able to solve it by using the street/RR crossing at another place but not everytime, especially not, if there are switches near the crossing. Also diagonal road crossing with STR - no chance, the crossing itself shows double tracks.
This one was a very special part. Like I said, I had some mix between old and new in the first place, and here ths STR was shown right in RRW style, also the crossing with the road. But clicking on the rail with the rail tool changed the crossing into two rails, and I wasn´t able to change it back later on.
Another problem I had with crossings. It seems, that crossings between STR and DTR won´t show up - the same like with most SAM crossings - an empty tile.

If needed I can show pictures.

Away from that a huge thank you to the NAM team. You are the best!  :thumbsup:

mgb204

I don't think there is anything new here, SAM and STR crossings both have major stability issues that are not unique to RRW. The textures should exist now for the SAM crossings at least. Generally if the rail and street networks are continuious without junctions for enough tiles they will hold, otherwise the overrides destabilse. No idea on when this issue will be resolved but as RRW development continues hopefully they can be addressed.

carlfatal

Thank you!
So I will stay with the old rails for now. All the examples I described happened in places where I used lots of crossings (rail/rail or rail/street near rail switches). Sad, cause I really love the textures of the RRW and the much more smooth switches.

Tarkus

I think the only STR x SAM crossing that has a texture is the SAM-3 Dirt Streets set.  David made that one a priority for 3RR stuff back in the day, but the rest were never made.

-Alex

mgb204

I made such crossings for the SAM7 mod back in Janurary, however I realised quickly they are unsupported, to my knowledge this is not a RRW problem, it exists with the old rails too.

If the problem was a lack of RRW crossing textures, you'd just see the original Maxis rail on these crossings instead of the RRW ones. Rivit and me worked on compiling a large numver of updated RRW crossings, the STR/SAM ones were left to one side precisely becuase the code isn't there to support them. Assuming that's done, the textures themselves I think are done or at least some of them are.

Kuewr665

For some reason, when I place GHSR under a L1 viaduct road or one way road, vehicles can pass over the GHSR fine, but trains cannot go past the viaduct. Trains can go when I demolish the overpass. I tried checking the problem in drawpaths, but I could not find problems there. UDI closes out when I try to drive a train under the viaduct.

Removing vershner's HSR override doesn't help either...