• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

entire region is pitch black

Started by Sky Guy, July 23, 2009, 10:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky Guy

Ok I have searched the entire internet in search of an answer. I am running SC4T on parralels desktop on my mac. when I first downloaded it, everything worked fine.

But for the past several months, when I open it, my entire region is black- not just the flat parts. I tried pushing "g" and everything and still nothing! All the tools work fine and you can see the outline of hill on the edge against the blue background, but It's a little tough to terraform something in pitch black. Please help me. and once again sorry for the new topic

Thanks

Kalu Sabah- A fast growing dynamic Southeast Asian Country

Sky Guy

Here is a picture of the edge of the region Please help I am begging!!

wouanagaine

Press 'G' key to turn the grid on/off or raise the terrain by 1m

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Sky Guy

Here is a better picture:

This is looking at the edge of one of my regions facing Northwest

wouanagaine

What is your graphic card ? are your drivers up to date ?

Is there any SC4Terraformer.exe.log in SC4TF folder and what its content ?

You may also try to run SC4Terraformer_debug.exe which might populate the log with more informations

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Sky Guy

Ok here is my graphics card (like i said above, Im on a mac with windows)
MAC

WINDOWS (i think)

And heres the log

Hope that helps with solving the issue...

dragonshardz

Are you running Windows on BootCamp? From what I can see, the "Parallels Video Driver" is intended to give you the same graphics you have when running Mac OS, but might not be doing its job. I have the same physical video card that you do, albeit AGP instead of PCIe, and SC4TF runs fine on my Vista install.

wouanagaine

I don't have any experience with MAC + windows

however given the log, I might ask a stupid question, but did you try with another region ?

New Horizons Productions

Sky Guy

@ dragonshardz- Im running windows on parallels, is there anyway i can get it to do it's job? also is there a way I can switch to AGP? (probably a dumb question...)

@ Wouanagaine- That probably explains the exclusive windows sc4terraformer- haha. I have tried with other regions and it doesn't make a difference.

Thanks for the fast help!

dragonshardz

I don't know, I have no experience with dual-booting Windows on a MAC. As for your second question, AGP and PCIe are two types of slot configuration for plugging in your video card to your motherboard. PCIe, especially 16x, is MUCH better than AGP.

Sky Guy

Thanks, so is it for sure that this isn't a graphics card over its limits type issue? Most likely its just having a more simpler problem? This would be a relief as maybe i can take it to a technician. Thanks guys for the help!

wouanagaine

Please delete the log file and run SC4TF_debug once with timbuktu, quit and paste the log file again.

New Horizons Productions

Sky Guy

Here ya go:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 2369, in OnClose
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 2372, in ShowMain
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 624, in __init__
  File "DlgCities.pyo", line 206, in __init__
  File "DlgCities.pyo", line 310, in RebuildConfig
ZeroDivisionError: float division

wouanagaine

This is a quite intriguing log, as this error should normally be related to a badly setup config.bmp, which in case of Timbuktu, it should works

Can you attach your timbuktu config.bmp if there is any chance you modified it yourself ? and if you modified it yourself, can you play timbuktu in SC4 ?

New Horizons Productions

Sky Guy

I haven't changed the config at all do you still want a picture?

Also, I can still play it in SC4 (although it is slow for some reason)