• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Direct X Teraformer help?

Started by Crusin_King, November 15, 2007, 10:02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crusin_King

Mt Terraformer won't load it keeps saying that Direct x9 is being used or something . Is there a way to tell what programs require direct x exclusively.

New computer can't get Tera to run need help done all the obvious stuff and followed thr readme need more help!

The measure of a man is not his action rather how he deals with the consiquences of those actions.

jplumbley

If you are running Windows Vista, I believe SC4Terraformer does not work on Vista.  Wouanagaine designed it before Vista was released.

If you are missing the DirectX 9.0c or the other required file there are links in the readme file.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Crusin_King

Ok I geuss I should of put more info on I assumed with what I said it  was stated

I have a XP home Celeron D, 3100+ 1.5gigmem 80gb hard drive SP2 with all updates I have released a map up on two sites and am building another for release soon but I can't get it up and running

This is the first Intel system that I am going to keep

The measure of a man is not his action rather how he deals with the consiquences of those actions.

wouanagaine

Either you're missing a dll which you can find link in the readme, either your graphic card is not suitable for what SC4TF is asking (if you have an onboard graphic card, this maybe the case ), either there is an application asking for the dx driver exclusively

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

ScottFTL

I had a similar problem.  SC4T requires the April 2006 update to DirectX 9.0c.  It's a little confusing because you can have DirectX 9.0c, but not the correct versions.  Once I installed the April 2006 update, SC4T worked fine.

The link in the readme no longer points to the correct file.  You can find it here now.

I also noticed that there is a more recent update to DirectX 9.0c.  They should be backwards compatible, so you may want to get the latest and greatest, which is the November 2007 update.  You can find that file here.

And for what it's worth, SC4T worked fine under Vista.  You do need to set the Compatibility options in order for it to work.  The same settings are required for SC4Tool as well.  They are documented here in another topic.

I hope this helps.

Crusin_King

I have checked thoughly everything as far as dll's and i even ran a diag on the direct x and this is the same graphics card that i built the last map in tera that i just released. I think it is another program tying up directx which brings us back to the first question how do i figure out which programs can ask for directx exclusively this is a fresh install sorta so there is not alot of software on this computer mainly just SC4 stuff and my computer repair stuff.

wouanagaine

you can't, it is useally a fullscreen game that will ask for dx exclusively, and it is not the recommended way

download & install latest dx
download & install latest driver for your card ( from the card manufacturer )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Crusin_King

I only have SC4 on my computer and i just got all the lastest drivers but i will doit again in case something was missed

Thank you

I have a radeon 9250 256mb 8x card that i used the first time i had this utilty

Kitsune

Quote from: wouanagaine on November 15, 2007, 11:16:39 AM
Either you're missing a dll which you can find link in the readme, either your graphic card is not suitable for what SC4TF is asking (if you have an onboard graphic card, this maybe the case ), either there is an application asking for the dx driver exclusively

Well, i have the same issue, and I have a onboard graphics card, but it has its own memory, so will it still be an issue?
~ NAM Team Member

wouanagaine

onboard GPUs are really the worst you can have, with missing features etc...
I don't have one and can't test to be sure

New Horizons Productions

Kitsune

All i know about it is that its a x200 with 128mb of vram.
~ NAM Team Member