• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelis

Quote from: Seaman on April 05, 2018, 11:00:29 AM
Quote from: kelis on April 05, 2018, 10:49:49 AM
They look great Arthur !! Now you have to tell me where can I find those Mas71 seawalls !!! I want to use them as soon as possible  $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

I've searched for them quite a while, too. Then I finally gave up and went to a "can't find it..." thread. It's actually not a seawall set, but a river (or canal) set that goes along with ploppable water Lots... here's the core of the sets, but there are a bunch of addons for it...:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1678

Yes I know, I have this set since it was released and I love to use it in my Japanese region, but in this case our friend Arthur is using it as seawall and it looks really nice.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

Thanks.
I just plopped them using the DBE to remove the water.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

medit84truth

Haljackey

Nifty Maxis Highway interchange replacement project I am working on.

One of the last ones I have left. Also includes redevelopment of the surrounding area.  Showing now before buildings block the view.

Click images for full size

Pythias900KMB

I just finished building this Venue Ankh interchange less than an hour ago!   I really like how the FlexFly pieces cooperated with me to form that nested hairpin curve under the avenue along with the ground high-speed rail line.  If you look closely, my SimCitizens are enjoying the new interchange!!!  I am in seventh heaven!!!

Seaman

Quote from: Pythias900KMB on April 20, 2018, 12:42:07 AM
I am in seventh heaven!!!

congratulations. I can really feel your joy since I know it for myself when I am finishing an interchange project. I think your pattern is somewhat special or at least I've never seen it here before.  &apls

PS: despite beeing ecstatic, you might want to consider editing your older post instead of double posting. Also: have you ever looked into external picture hosts like imgur? Most of the members here use something like that to spare disc/memory space on SC4D (i.e. money). Please ask in case you need some assistance with it.

Pythias900KMB

Haljackey, that interchange involving the curved highway is very similar to my recent project which involved two highway stubs.  I had a lot of difficulty plotting the curve of the highway so that the highway travels over the left-turn/go straight ramps for the southbound highway curving to the west and the right-turn/go straight ramps for the eastbound highway curving to the north.  As you can see from the screen captures, I successfully finished the Centrifugal Curve interchange; while I was able to construct the dual-purpose off ramp along with the dual purpose on ramp for the eastbound highway curving north, my fortune was not so great for the stub highway off to the east.  I wanted the westbound traffic to have the choice of turning north or continuing west; unfortunately, the mechanics of the NAM got in the way.  I was originally planning to have the curving highway run above that interchange . . . oh well . . .

CasperVg

I know trumpet interchanges aren't the most creative, but I just can't help loving them  ::)

EDIT: Made the inner ramp a bit more smooth, is it an improvement?
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Gugu3

Haljackey

My newest creation

FULL SIZE

Another interchange nearby

FULL SIZE

riiga

Tarkus

Nice work, Pythias, Casper, and Haljackey!  Always feels good to see the RHW being put to good use. :thumbsup:

And here, I just have a simple diamond . . . :innocent:  Still some cosmetic work to do on this one.

-Alex

Kitsune

Diagonal height transitions ! :)
~ NAM Team Member

Seaman

Something isn't quite orthogonal here...  :)

bladeberkman

Diagonal flex height transitions are going to change my life.  &smrt

Tarkus

Thanks, Kitsune, Seaman, and bladeberkman (as well as all the "Like" types)!  Here's a couple more while I'm at it . . . this one's just a slight improvement on what already exists.  Thanks to some additional adjacency stability via Project 57-Mark IV, it's now possible to get a very tight, smooth 6-ramp Parclo.  Just need to add some support in there for FTLs and it'll be perfect.

And next up, an interchange in which the RHW goes diagonally over an orthogonal Road:

-Alex

AsimPika3172

Awesome!!!  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls Waiting for more diagonal RHW version!  :popcorn:
I loves Sim City forever!

Haljackey

2 new junctions. Progress pics can be found at Simtrop
https://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/35443-show-us-your-interchanges-the-sequel/?page=143

-----

Rural diamond

-----

Parclo - will service a suburban area

-----

Locations in region

gaoting

small road   

Seaman

Gaoting, I really love your setup with the slip lanes! It's so creative. I surely will look into that for myself. Thx for the nice idea.

for the RHW interchange: I like the assymetric setup. However, there is a small nitpick (purely cosmetic): in the yellow circle, there is almost no room for the weaving of the cars. Maybe a relocation like the blue line is a little bit easier to drive for your sims.