• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tokod County...Now at SC4D!

Started by Abrams124, March 12, 2016, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Abrams124

REPLIES

Quote from: compdude787 on May 05, 2016, 02:50:33 PM
Nice interchange!

Thanks!

[/quote]
Quote from: Akallan on May 05, 2016, 02:27:32 AM
Spaghetti madness! I like! :P

Thank you!This is my most complex interchange ever built,now i'm working on the city around it!

[/quote]
Quote from: kbieniu7 on May 01, 2016, 02:41:50 AM
Wow! Just like a bunch of wires behind my computer  $%Grinno$% seems hard to manage!

Yep!It is indeed hard to manage because if i touch something in the middle i have to click on tiles like a madman to get it back.

Stay tuned for more updates!

Abrams124

Here's my newest skylines town,Rockport.

Abrams124

New updates on skylines incoming!

Abrams124

And we are back in action!
Today i present you something new which i made which is...
A new map!

That's right,i'm making a fully custom map for my newest city,so stay tuned for more updates!

To get started here's an overview of current progress:

I say this is about 15% roughly of the work that needs to be done.Trees will come after terraforming,so that's why you won't see any trees on the pictures.

More images:

This is i think an unique part of the region,because i never seen anyone to do something like this.
It was inspired by an area on the Cape Breton island.

Here you see a larger mountain,Which is not far away from the City Center

Not far from this mountain is this coastal area,Which i think turned out fantastically,and will even look much better with trees!

Here you see is a common thing in mountainous areas:two lane road winding through the terrain.

This is a smaller end of a river delta,i think it looks very nice,and will look better if i add trees.

That's another mountain

Here is one of the smaller rivers which run through the county,ideal for canoeing.

The same river,upstate in the mountains

And finally,a road interchange which serves a road that goes up into that mountains(Ski resort planned)

That's it for today's update,i hope you enjoyed it,stay tuned for more!

kbieniu7

Wow, is that still Cities Skylines? Although the river course and shape look a bit odd, but from ground perspective looks nice. And that winding road is cool!  :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

dcsmycity

That winding road sums up most of what I view as C:S's appeal over SC4: freeform roads and beautiful terrain. (That camera sure helps ;D .)

art128

I agree that's a nice winding road.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Abrams124

Quote from: kbieniu7 on November 06, 2016, 08:59:46 AM
Wow, is that still Cities Skylines? Although the river course and shape look a bit odd, but from ground perspective looks nice. And that winding road is cool!  :)

Thank you,you mean the large river in the middle of the map?

QuoteThat winding road sums up most of what I view as C:S's appeal over SC4: freeform roads and beautiful terrain. (That camera sure helps ;D .)

Ah yes,i love fiddling with the freeform road option!

QuoteI agree that's a nice winding road.

Thank you for moving my MD back to active ones!:D

kbieniu7

Yes, it seems, like it has no direction or like it is flowing from E to N (assuming that top of the first screenshot is the North) with an extra channel connecting it with the sea and odd round-like channels ;)

When making a river, I'd suggest to firstly draw the main course (let's say from E to SW) leading to the sea. After that split flow on two parrarel channels if you want to make some islands and at the end, draw some tributary rivers :)

Abrams124

Hello there again!After some time of thinking i thought why not release some more images of an older,but never shown here city?
For Example here is a picture from New York

Here you see the Manhattan end of the Brooklyn Bridge

Here is a densely packed construction area,be sure to wear a helmet when driving through

Here you see a neat neighbourhood park,perfect for eating your lunch there

Or here is something truly incredible achieved in Skylines:A merging lane

Here's a picture which i am in love with,i love the little rust belt vibe of this

This is a freight yard full of trains.I love theese assets made by TimTheTerrible,they look very nice,and i think he's working on remastering theese!

That's it for today's update,i hope you enjoyed it,be sure to stay tuned for more!

Abrams124

A very quick update!

I have made a temporary icon for Replies,so it will be used every time i decide that a lot of replies fill up and need to be answered in one reply.
I'm taking suggestions for it,so feel free to state your opinion,i would appreciate that!

Here it is:

dcsmycity

:o :o :o ! How did you get that decal lane??? C:S has just become worlds better highway-wise!!

art128

I am intrigued as well on how you made the deceleration lane... IMO that was one of the weakest point of C:S, lack of proper highways..
Last picture is nice. Why are there taxis on the sidewalk though?
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kbieniu7

The last photo of this "rusty" street is indeed charmful!  :thumbsup:

dyoungyn

I agree that CS does have limitations.  The highways could be improved but this how SC4 started also.  Finally. the other 2 limitations that steer me away from CS is the region size limitation and building lot size for huge box stores.

Great up date indeed especially with the close-up shots.  The ability to drag roads and highways in the way of curves over other roads has always amazed me. 

I personally do prefer SC4 for the highways and Region size not to mention over a decade of work put in.

Abrams124

Quote:o :o :o ! How did you get that decal lane??? C:S has just become worlds better highway-wise!!

What i did is i subbed to this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=706052206&searchtext=road+line
then i placed them down

QuoteI am intrigued as well on how you made the deceleration lane... IMO that was one of the weakest point of C:S, lack of proper highways..
Last picture is nice. Why are there taxis on the sidewalk though?

Thank you,and yes that is what i would like in skylines,a proper,at least NAM level highway system!
I put taxis there because i imagine it thoose drivers are free right now and anyone can get in quickly.

QuoteThe last photo of this "rusty" street is indeed charmful!  :thumbsup:

Thanks!I was inspired by Mafia III

QuoteI agree that CS does have limitations.  The highways could be improved but this how SC4 started also.  Finally. the other 2 limitations that steer me away from CS is the region size limitation and building lot size for huge box stores.

Great up date indeed especially with the close-up shots.  The ability to drag roads and highways in the way of curves over other roads has always amazed me.

I personally do prefer SC4 for the highways and Region size not to mention over a decade of work put in.

Yes,the highway system and in general,the road system needs to improve a lot.And yeah,the region is a bit small,and the growables are small either,but thankfully there is RICO for that!

Abrams124

Hello there again!Time for a small,quick evening update!

I've started putting some flora down and i think i'm in love with MrMaison's foliage!

Here i added some phragmites and gula's tall grass,combined with some rocks

This area is a lovely place for crocodiles,so watch out for your legs

Just a lovely mountain

That's for today's quick update,i hope you enjoyed it!

37th reply,that's my favourite number!  :bnn:

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Abrams124