• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Schulmania: National Capital Region

Started by Schulmanator, September 19, 2012, 03:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rambuckel

Meow-Wow!!! Another beautiful update!  &apls  &apls I guess all the cats love to streak through the huge gardens and along the shores ...

Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Schulmanator

rooker1   Thanks! Glad you came by!

Dantes      The area will be built up well, as the largest city in the country. But, there will always be catnip and trees around. It's the feline way. :D

metarvo   You bet! Thanks for coming by. And I am glad you like it.

rooker1   Thanks! I enjoyed making it and am glad you enjoyed seeing it.

M4346      Thanks! And glad to see you back in Schulmania.

eldaldo   Thanks! And the seawalls are Xannepan's quay pieces, found here on the LEX.

Dantes      Thanks! I enjoyed making it.

rambuckel   Thanks! It is a great place for felines. And we welcome Mozart to come anytime!

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Swordmaster

Nice work there, although the water mod isn't really my thing. I like the waterside, although my usual qualms are still valid overall: not many people, no traffic, no shadows. Seeing how much you're plopping, it wouldn't hurt to run those lots through LE and stick some people props on there. And some traffic generators can help if there is no real traffic.

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

Looking good  :thumbsup: I like the riverwalk and the abundance of awful puns  ::)

Schulmanator

In case anyone was wondering what's happening in Schulmania, come check here...

Part 1
http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/698/entry-19455-siege/
Part 2
http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/698/entry-19580-siege-part-2/

And we will be back to the National Capital region after the battle has concluded. :)

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Schulmanator

East Tenne: Fabulous Felines

The second arrondissement of the national capital, adjacent to the Royal Quarter, is the Feline Quarter. The Feline Quarter is the home of the magnificent Bureau of Feline Affairs palace, which serves as the administrative headquarters for BFA activities in Schulmania and its colonies. The district centers around this landmark and its extensive gardens, but contains far more than just a palace. The bustling and densely developed district will be explored in multiple updates, as we stroll the palace grounds, amble along the Riverwalk, marvel at the plethora of cultural and economic amenities, and enjoy the ambience that only a feline capital can provide.

As we wander down the narrow sidestreets of the Feline Quarter, we can take in the exuberant charm and cultured ambience of this most feline of places

Don't be afraid of getting lost in the Feline Quarter. There are great open spaces everywhere to help you get your bearings.

Including wide, brick-paved sidewalks lining the sides of the Jardin des Felines

Before we continue, how about grabbing a quick bite at the Chipmunk Café?

Fine eateries serve the many workers and dignitaries who come here as well as the thousands who live here. The second arrondissement is home to more than 20,000 purring citizens.

The centerpiece of the Feline Quarter is of course the Schulmania National Palace of the Bureau of Feline Affairs. It sits astride the massive Jardin des Felines.

The BFA Governor-General has been thinking about having a colorful changing of the guard ceremony in the courtyard. Think he should do so?

The only embassy found in the Feline Quarter, for the time being, is that of the Royal Protectorate of Harar, which is administered by the BFA. Queen Vera is often here working on Harar's behalf when not in Lake Felis.

The BFA palace and Harar embassy are both by the signature park of the district – Jardin des Felines. The park has a variety of formal and informal spaces.

Shall we stroll through the gardens?

They have some nice gates at the front entrance. The iron was wrought by famed blacksmith Dr. Zachary Smith.

Nice work, isn't it?

Let's head over to the Riverwalk. We can enjoy scenic views of the Wirdle River and perhaps do some fishing.

All that glitters is not gold along the Riverwalk. Well, the statue is, but not the rest of it!

Fishing, anyone? The national fish is the catfish and they are biting today. Remember: pan fried salt and pepper catfish is a Schulminion traditional dish. Yummy!

If catfish is not on the menu, why not get some fresh pigeons from the statue? We have recipes for that too...

Sidewalk cafes along the Riverwalk will entice you... come hungry, leave happy!

Heading away from the shore, we move deeper into the district to the Church of St. Sylvester Puddytat. The golden dome of the church brightens St. Sylvester's Square. The lawn in the heart of the square is a great place for summer concerts and picnics. Pops in the Park is an annual summer tradition – great music while having a picnic lunch.

Anyone else notice the golden tweety birds on the dome of St. Sylvester's? Tweety will never escape again!

We close this chapter with some wider views of the Feline Quarter. This densely developed urban area has a variety of built environments, meeting all of the needs of its residents and visitors. We are sure you will agree that the most feline of cities in the most feline of nations is truly "the cat's meow"!

eldaldo

As always, you Paris style cities are incredible.  My favorite pictures were the wider views.  But, that's nothing new.  Those are the views I like.  I don't think I have ever said anything about your water texture.  it's . . . unique.  at first I didn't like it, but i think it lends itself to your cities.  almost like a trademark.

Jmouse

Congratulations! Your MD is looking better every day!

rooker1

A huge congrats and I look forward to spending the month with you.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

vortext

Congrats for being OSITM!  &apls Can't wait to see more of your splendid city!
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

noahclem

Congratulations on OSITM and great work with the last update  &apls

art128

Another well deserved award, for an MD that doesn't get the attention it deserve! Congratulations! :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Swordmaster

Three times is the charm, eh? Good luck, Bruce.

Cheers
Willy

metarvo

The inclusion of diagonal segments in the riverwalk district makes it stand out nicely.  Oh, and that catfish is mouthwatering.  It's starting to get to me.  :D

Congratulations on three-time OSITM, Bruce!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

sim_link

Congratulations on OSITM - perhaps it's a sign the felines are rising to fight, well... you know. :P
Look forward to more NCR goodness!  ;D

benedict

Congratulations on OSITM - looking forward to seeing what your MD has in store this month.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

Dantes

So many beautiful neighborhoods. *~nyaaaaa*
I like these very neighborhoods.

Here one can live as a cat. *~nyaaaaa*

rambuckel

Congratulations on OSITM! And yes, roasted pigeon would be great :)

Wonderful pictures again!
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Schulmanator

ENGRAVED PRINTS OF THE SCHULMANIA CAPITAL

From the workshop of famed printmaker Albrecht Meöwer...

Schulmania's feline artists have a reputation for innovation, ingenuity and for outstanding quality. The Admiral Museum of Fine Arts features a wide variety of feline artistry, including the world's largest collection of prints by universally-acclaimed engraver Albrecht Meöwer. Meöwer rose to fame doing prints of scenes of small town life. Later, he visited the new national capital and completed a set of immensely popular engravings of various areas of the city. Here's a few of his prints of the Feline Quarter...