• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Reader Tool

Started by Tropod, February 05, 2014, 01:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tropod

In the options, remove all existing & try loading options from scratch. Just make sure you click OK, close program & start again.
If doing this doesn't work, post a pic of (or upload) the "Settings.ini" file located in settings folder. Worse case or failing this, try manually edit "Settings.ini".

Other users have had this issue only to realise they weren't properly setting the options.

carlfatal

I have no clue, why I coudn´t change the paths in the options, but I was able to do so in the setting.ini. And again I am surprized, why I didn´t look at the ini before, as most of the programs I know, have some kind of editable txt.files. Stupid me...  ???

But now everything is okay, the program starts without bothering anything. Nice! From now on I can learn how to use it. I really hope, that´ll be easear than to install it...  :D

So a big thank you again!  :thumbsup:

Tropod

v1.4.8 update
AB UDI sounds playable.
AB->WAV export option added.

A big thanks & shout-out to id-daemon2 & co @ http://zenhax.com for assisting with deciphering .abk sounds.

Tropod

v1.4.9 update
Exemplar/Cohort search bug fix.
UI files visual display. UI editing at this stage still needs to be done via text view.

Tropod

Update v150
UI Editing. ie remove, add, editing line items etc via dialog &/or right mouse click.
gui_tags.xml file added to assist UI editing. This xml file can be edited.
Minor UI improvements. Some short comings still exist though.

speeder

The thing refuses to go fullscreen, it keeps setting itself to some bizarre window shapes, and when I click on the maximize button, the window becomes big, but the content remains in place (while the rest of the window renders white).

When I resize dragging, SOMETIMES it works.

Also, I managed to launch it after several attempts (I was the one that complained of it crashing on startup).
But after it launched, there was no options set, also the file selection dialog box frequently opens in the background, and in a non-modal manner, allowing me to not even notice it opened, and not being use-able unless I press Windows+D to minimize everything and then "restore" only the dialog box.

Also, after inputting some settings, the options screen close automatically... and to my pain in the ass, after setting up all options, I found out that it only save anything at all if you click the OK button on the options screen, if it closes in any other way, it does not save the settings.

Finally, after setting up the plugins folder, it started crashing again... I found where the settings are saved, and deleted the folder, then it loads (after 2 or 3 attempts, it silently fails most of the time), but as soon the settings point to my plugins folder, it crashes on startup immediately.

Also it does not print any log or report, it just crashes and show a dialog box.

The dialog box shows: "The instruction at 0x0218a62 referenced memory at 0x00000001f. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program."

Tropod

I'm on a bit of hiatus with this at the moment as my attention is focused elsewhere currently. I have made note of this though & will see about looking at this when I get a chance.

If you have pictures though that would help, particularly for the Options/settings issue. PC stats would be good too.

Tropod

Quote from: speeder on January 25, 2016, 04:44:49 PM
....I found where the settings are saved, and deleted the folder, then it loads (after 2 or 3 attempts, it silently fails most of the time), but as soon the settings point to my plugins folder, it crashes on startup immediately....

just re-reading your post. A few things;

Firstly thank you for your feedback, much appreciated :thumbsup:.

-both settings folder & Settings.ini file are necessary. Also the end of the Settings.ini file may be the cause of the crashing issue &/or silently failing issue (try adding/removing last blank line). File permissions may also have an impact. Not 100% sure at this stage. May I suggest manually editing/updating Settings.ini & letting me know how you go.
-crashing immediately on start up pointing to the plugins folder; which plugins folder, there's at least 2? This could be due to corrupt (*.dat or other) files, file permission or reader bug.

..The thing refuses to go fullscreen, it keeps setting itself to some bizarre window shapes, and when I click on the maximize button, the window becomes big, but the content remains in place (while the rest of the window renders white)...

I must admit that I'm aware of this, just hasn't been high on my to do list. Try moving vertical bar & it'll update whole window. Next release this'll be fixed.

....also the file selection dialog box frequently opens in the background, and in a non-modal manner, allowing me to not even notice it opened, and not being use-able unless I press Windows+D to minimize everything and then "restore" only the dialog box.

Personally I don't like windows that halt the ability to move other windows if you need to, hence the design. Unfortunately it has some issues & no reason can't be changed.

...Also, after inputting some settings, the options screen close automatically... and to my pain in the ass, after setting up all options, I found out that it only save anything at all if you click the OK button on the options screen, if it closes in any other way, it does not save the settings...

I will have to look at making a slight design change with this, shouldn't be to big an issue.

..Also it does not print any log or report, it just crashes and show a dialog box.

The dialog box shows: "The instruction at 0x0218a62 referenced memory at 0x00000001f. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program."

Would be more than happy to address issues like this, however it would help immensely if you could elaborate/clarify on these (ie picture) & provide PC stats.

Please feel free to make any suggestions/contributions or point out any bugs with source code. This project has evolved since its start & probably has many hidden bugs &/or outdated code I'm not aware of. So more than happy to update time permitting :thumbsup:.

Tropod

Update v151
Options dialog exit confirmation added.
Main dialog maximise display issue fix.
Open/Save dialogs foreground fix.

Tropod

Update v152
RULs->S3D: S3Ds should now be displayed as per RUL rotation & flip (excluding bridge RULs).
Text files Search/load TGI & IID by FileType added. For example INI networks -> Bridge Exemplars & Tile Verifiers. This works by highlighting text & right mouse click & search. Note IID by FileType function will return first IID found.
Effects files; Search/load IID by FileType added. Only works for certain tabs & columns.
TGI Mass Edit bug fix.
Region View Export Stats function added.
Export TGI info function added. Can be found in standard exporting functions.
Last 2 items will export data to a single text file & can be easily copied/pasted/imported into excel.

Tropod

1.5.3 update info;
S3D several new functions, improvements & look - big shout out & credit to "rivit" for his significant contribution around this.
Image horizonal/vertical flip. Currently does not save flip.
64bit version released.
Project source code significantly updated/adjusted due to 64bit update.

v153 32bit - this is existing version & more stable.
v153 64bit - 64bit version can load/save much larger files however may have unknown/undiscovered issues/bugs. Please post if you encounter any.

Users may notice a significant jump in file size. This is largely due to 3rd party & overall project update.

Vester: Corrected the links.

vester

Thanks for all the hard work on this tool to Tropod and to rivit.

NCGAIO

It really is necessary express huge congratulations for keeping all this work still being updated. &apls

A pity that has not come before ...

InvisiChem

Absolutely awesome and the tools start into the 64bit world. Thank you for the huge jump into modern tools guys.
Everyone has something to offer, most do not possess the courage to offer it.

vester

Had a look at the programs.

Two things I would love to be able to, when doing automata:
- change/replace textures on a model
- view the model from all four angles.

Last option should only be there when view a real 3ds file, like automata is.
Maybe added the texture function like this: link to image.
That last one would be real PLUS in my book.

Tropod

Thanks for feedback guys.
karma + for rivit for his work/collaboration on this version.

Quote from: vester on April 15, 2016, 10:27:47 AM
Had a look at the programs.

Two things I would love to be able to...

Request noted  :thumbsup:.

EDIT: should probably point out that you can change the IID in here & it will update, just need to save if you wish to keep changes.

rivit

For Everyone's Information.

The Default view is the BAT view angle corresponding to and taken from the BAT render scripts. Zoom = 1 here. There are model larger than this view and so you may need to zoom out to see them. Also some very small models need to be zoomed in on.

The main ways to control the view are in the context menu under the right mouse button.

The new views let you view the models from all sides both as 45deg oblique views A1 model facing Z+,A2 model facing X-,A3 model facing Z-,A4 model facing X+ and along the axes towards the model Front, Back, Left, Right, Top, Bottom.

You can zoom with the moose wheel or use the Z/2 and Zx2 buttons above the display. You can rotate the model using up and down arrow keys.

Once you have decided on a view position you like  View Save on the menu and it will stay that way until you change it. If you make changes but want to get back to your favourite use View Recall

The background may be changed by manipulating the values at the top of the display (they are decimal RGB) and reset to original with Reset Colors, and the Grid may be turned on and off with Toggle Grid . The grid adjusts graduation according to zoom. At Zoom=1 its 20m, at zoom=4 its 1 metre. Also the appropriate Axes are displayed according to view. This won't automatically change if you rotate out of the plane.

A new option Snapshot will take a picture of the current view of a model and put it into the clipboard. A small label is written below. This is useful for press shots of your new model, making icons, making albums or just admiring your work etc. The default size is 384x384 and may be as large as 768x768.

Other changes include
- correcting the BAT perspective which was slightly wrong in Reader. See Image below.
- Making backward facing triangles visible - in Reader you couldn't tell the difference and in the game they disappear. Now backward facing triangles are shown in outline, and in dark cyan as opposed to white in wireframe view. They can be fixed by swapping two corners of the triangle by Editing in Index Tab.  Take a look at Model 0x106E0000 (the lowrider Cadillac) in SimCity1.dat for an idea of how this works.
- in the work pipeline for the display are Zoom to Fit and Showing the position of Effects in a model.

What may not be apparent is that the EDIT function will allow changing pretty much everything on a model, its materials and its effects. Further work was done here for readability and is continuing here to make it easier to use. Remember to save on each panel you change and to SAVE the model when you've finished editing altogether if you want to keep changes (this is the same as reader was)

Tropod

Quote from: rivit on April 15, 2016, 07:00:49 PM
For Everyone's Information.....

Thank you for your input. This is why it's great to have others contribute, if it weren't for those attached pictures I, & probably many others, would never know the difference &apls.

Tropod

v1.5.4
SC4Reader

Only bug fixes for this release resulting from updating to 64bit, some of which are for;
-Data searching.
-Property searching.
-S3D.
-GUI display.
-RUL tile viewer.
-Virtual *dat to file conversion (just make sure not to use on things like NAM).
A *.temp file will now be used to faciliate for saving.

Tropod

Incase you missed it at ST while SC4D was down....

v1.5.5
Object Viewer added for: FSHs, Menu Icons, S3Ds, Cursors, Texts.
Several memory leaks fixed.

This will only load relevant items from both Install & Plugins folders based on reader options. ie It won't load anything from a loaded file.

Access via Tools -> Object Viewing

FSH viewing in various options. Be aware DirID/Size viewing may take several minutes to load depending on number of fsh's.

Be aware S3Ds may be PC intensive when scrolling.