• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tarkusian Cities (Update 107-08/23/2020-West Chemeketa Reconfig, Part 1)

Started by Tarkus, June 17, 2007, 08:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

A proper update will be coming later this week, but in the meantime, to hold you over, and show that I'm still alive, here's a teaser pic.  With 2 new transit-related mods.

Construction will continue with Update 26--we'll be revisiting Wakeman.

-Alex

Pat

Alex you tease and hmm I wonder what the 2 items are lol... I see one visible one is the Speed Limit sign and the other I bet would be the TLA?

NB:   After studying this pic after a few days Ive noticed its your custom terrain you are using and Im still sticking with the speed limit sign as the other - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jonathan

I thought the surprises were the cars, on what I guess is the SAM car parking lots? But I couldn't work out the 2nd one. But now Pat points out the speed limit sign, I think that that would be the 2nd surprise, Alex?#

Looking forward to more,

Jonathan.

Jmouse

Glad to hear an update is on the way! Let's see now, yes, that transit map is still rolled up on the desktop.

Until next update...
Joan

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

bat

Yes, great teaser there! Also looking forward to the next update... ;)

Starmanw402007

Hey Tarkus, Love that teaser also. Is that the new avenue with the functional middle lane for turning you have there? Just Curious.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

quackmofro

Ooooh. More TLA action. And road signs that you plop on the roads? I like it!

This is one of my favorite MDs to follow because I consider myself not quite a roadgeek, perhaps a road junkie.  &smrt This sort of highway detailing fascinates me. It almost makes me wish I would've studied civil engineering instead of chemical engineering.

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

thundercrack83

A fantastic teaser, Alex! I can't wait for the update, my friend!

Dustin

bakerton

Not bad teaser Tarkus. Lately, I have been lurking, but I like. I have also started working on the same region map and I love the map, but yours is better. Keep it coming. JKB &apls
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

Simpson

It's very very good but with more terraforming it's can be really better
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Tarkus

I'm finally back with more Tarkusian Cities.  Today is actually the 1-year anniversary of my first MD, Argentum, which was more or less revived as part of this MD.  However, ironically, this update focuses entirely on Wakeman, which is hundreds of miles from Argentum.  (I do actually consider these two regions to be part of the same "state" or "province". ;))  I've also noticed that this MD is now over 10,000 views, so thanks to everyone who has posted, as well as all of the lurkers.   :)

Pat:  You got it right on the first guess!  It is indeed the TLA and the Speed Sign.  The Speed Signs are actually a little project I haven't publicly revealed yet, called the "Signage Piece Mod", or SPM for short.  (Yes, yet another acronym to keep track of. :D)  Keep an eye on the NAM Creations board, as there will probably be an official "announcement" with more details soon. ;)  Edit:  See here. ;)

And you're right on the terrain as well, so I guess that's a third one--I am using my new Wasco Terrain Mod here as well. ;)

Jonathan (Warrior):  That's a good guess about the SAM Parking Lots.  Actually, the parking lots are attached to one of SimGoober's shopping centers, shown back in Update 8.

But that is a fantastic idea--I think it could potentially be a nice addition to the SAM, and I've been in a T21 mood lately, so maybe . . . ;)

Joan (Jmouse):  Sorry it took so long!  Hopefully, you still have your map ready, though. :)

Joe (star.torturer):  Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!

bat:  Thanks, glad you enjoyed the teaser!

Steven (Starmanw402007):  Thanks, and that is indeed the TLA-5 there. There's more where that came from. ;)

quackmofro:  Thanks for the compliments!  I'm glad I've been able to help fulfill your road cravings.  :D  Chemical engineering is good stuff, too--I almost ended up being a chemistry major myself. 

mightygoose:  Thanks, glad you liked the TLA usage, though there actually wasn't any SAM there. :D

Dustin (thundercrack83):  Thanks, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the teaser, and I'm finally back with a long overdue update.

bakerton:  Thanks!  I'd be curious to see what you've done with the region as well.  I've always found it interesting to see how different people approach the same region.

Simpson:  Thanks for the compliments, and rest assured, there will be some more terraforming in future updates. :)

Now, onto Update 26.

In response to increasing traffic on 22nd Avenue on the west side of town, the City of Wakeman's public works department has decided to widen 22nd from 2 lanes, to 3 lanes (2 with 1 center turn lane), in order to improve access to the many retailers.

Here is the intersection of Gilmour Parkway with 22nd Avenue and Kaye Drive, looking south. 

Kaye Drive was temporarily closed as the curves on it will need to be realigned and widened as well.

22nd is regraded near the Rabin Drive intersection.

The completed 3-lane segment 22nd Avenue at this same location.

The completed Gilmour Parkway intersection.  (Traffic signals were backordered. :D)

Kaye Drive was re-opened with a temporarily alignment.  As 22nd/Kaye is an important north-south connector through Wakeman, city engineers determined that this interim fix was necessary to prevent 11th Avenue from clogging up.  This is just north of Gilmour, and north of the bridge over the inlet.

The alignment temporarily narrows down at the south end, where 22nd ends at Wakeman Boulevard (Highway 24).  It will be widened to at least 3 lanes as part of the second phase of the project, which will extend 22nd south to Latimer Road.  (A 5-lane option has also been proposed in the immediate vicinity of the Wakeman Boulevard intersection).

Wakeman Public Works, in association with the DOT, has also begun work on another project, which you'll be seeing in the next update.  This project will widen Wakeman Boulevard/Highway 24 from 2 lanes to 5 lanes between 6th and 22nd.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Pat

hehehe lol I cant belive i hit it on the nose here lol.....  I guess I do pay more intention then i give myself credit or just that good lol.....  I do love that SLR though!!! Sweet update here Alex and we'll see you soon....

btw why not call it smp = sign mod project J/k...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mightygoose

looks great the TLA-3 is looking brilliant... :P congrats on the 10k views lets hope the next 10k are just as quick, oh and nice use of the SAM for construction...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Haljackey

Quote from: mightygoose on April 06, 2008, 04:52:52 PM
looks great the TLA-3 is looking brilliant... :P congrats on the 10k views.

I second this.  Excellent work on the TLA and this MD!  There is road construction everywhere!

Best,
-Haljackey

thundercrack83

Hello, there, Alex!

Things are looking great around here, as usual, my friend! Seeing all those NAM pieces working in the game makes me feel good inside! I'll be looking forward to seeing more!

Dustin

BigSlark

Great feature of the TLA-3, Alex. I'm itching to play with it...

Cheers,
Kevin

figui

it's more than great to see construction again ;)
btw, that spm sounds great :thumbsup:

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Jmouse

Glad to see you back with a full construction crew in tow, Alex! Interesting developments to follow and sort out. And don't worry about the map - it was a little dusty but still good as new!  ;)

Until next time...
Joan