• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAMeLots - Linking all available lots and bats

Started by RippleJet, August 14, 2007, 03:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasbit3

When are you going to release more CMelots? I want more CAMelots. I want the Shanghai tower and the Burj Khalifa to Appear. I also want the updated lots. I want the Shanghai tower to be a stage 15, and I want the Burj Khalifa to also be a stage 15. I also want all new CAMelots and towers made between 2005-2016.

hasbit3

I also want the Burj Khalifa as a stage 15.

hasbit3

I also want 432 park Avenue in New York City as a CAMelot. What stage it gets to depends on you.

mgb204

New lots are being created all the time and can be found on the exchanges. As for whether those lots are made into CAMelots is really more down to the creator. I think most of the more recent stuff is not made with CAM specifically in mind. But then, most CAM users will tell you, you probably will need to mod your content to work with CAM to some extent or other if you are using it.

However, this thread is not for requesting lots or new models, dedicated threads can be found here.

It should be noted that requests are simply that, there is little to no chance that such requests will be fulfilled. Making models is a lot of hard work and most modellers are busy making the content they wish to see in their games.

hasbit3

Can you recover the Velacosma building? For some reason, brown boxes keep popping up on the lots where those lots were.

mgb204

Do you mean this building?

In which case if you are having problems, maybe you will need to re-download it. If the lots were working but now are not, I'd have to guess the model file was removed from your plugins folder some how. It's not really something we can fix this end.

AsimPika3172

I loves Sim City forever!

deemer2404

Not sure if anybody is still updating this, but I found one more lot that is definetely CAMpatible:
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28714-hammer-data-security/
Hammer Data Security - available as a CAM or standard  :thumbsup:

One observation though:
the "White Hotel" mentioned in this list is a Stage 15 according to this list and also its query. However, my CAMeLot Counter did NOT show it as a Stage 15 (I did not even have a Stage 14 at the time it appeared). Obviously something must be slightly off there.

iddqd7331

Thanks for this list. It took me three days at 2 - 3 hours a day to download it all, correctly.  :'( &cry2 but I'm happy I did. Man was that tedious.

jjeffrey

I am downloading the CAM files available on LEX, including the "starter packs," such as: Install_CAM_CO$$$_1314_BSC, CAM IR 6 and 7, CAM_CS.

It appears these contain duplicates of the individual files that I am also downloading.

So, my question is, do I need to install both the individual files and the starter packs to get everything that is available?

Also, the new tools in LEX are awesome. The first time I installed CAM it took weeks instead of just a few evenings. So, THANK YOU!
Jeffrey

mgb204

The idea of the starter packs is simply to combine the individual lots/buildings together. As such, you only need one for each such building. Bear in mind too, some of the content in the starter packs were not originally modded for CAM. So where duplicates exist, it's always better to use the ones from the starter packs. However, sometimes you need the original model files from the individual downloads for use with the starter packs, otherwise you'll see brown boxes.