• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Whitefall, Iridar - update 3 is now up. 16-12-09; p20.

Started by Shadow Assassin, March 30, 2007, 11:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

See Page 19 onwards for Whitefall, Iridar (the revival)

Since I used this as the beginning header in the ST version, it comes here too.

This topic will be updated along with Ensenada over at Simtrop. All updates from today will be posted (with the exception of the remaining 2 Interludes, which are remaining a ST-exclusive for the moment) - for the first 10 updates, visit my topic at Simtropolis [linkie].

Well, most of you guys know about Ensenada, so I'm gonna bring it over here too. There may be a slight delay between ST and SC4D updates, due to the differences in formatting, but I'll work around it. It must be noted that Ensenada is a large region (so large that Region Census refuses to display it), and filling it up will take a long time. At this point, I have completed Brackenfell, and am working on Greater Midlands, the so-called 'edible centre' of Ensenada.

From here on, I'm not sure what will happen once Greater Midlands is completed - maybe working on either Ensenada, Hazaria or Mordicar (most likely Hazaria, since Ensenada and Mordicar are in fact one city, and I might be working between them simultaneously)

The story line of Ensenada, in Greater Midlands, will continue. Though, since I've split the CJ up into five 'books' (I may actually go back and include the two interludes - plus the other two not yet posted - in Book I, Brackenfell)

I will not be starting Book II right here and now, however. I have to finish the Interludes first. The Interludes will only be posted at ST, however a 'reader's digest' version of the two Interludes may be posted here. This, I suppose, means, that Ensenada will expand to SC4D once Book II has started. I will also be posting a 'Best of Brackenfell' update, so people who are not familiar with Ensenada can get to know the city.

The saga will unfold, as soon as this bout of really bad RLS gets out of the way. It's called half-yearly exams. I have a two or three day break, so I'll be alright (three exams are done, two to go). I better post this while I still have freedom.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Coming Soon... I need content here, for goodness' sake!

INFORMATION ABOUT ENSENADA
(copied from ST)

Ensenada, a thriving, modern, cosmopolitan city, currently has 2.5 million (this number may be inaccurate) inhabitants in the metropolitan area, is located on the east coast of Savannah, at the opposite end of the famous Savannah Way. There are numerous ruins scattered through the hilltops of Ensenada, remnants of Ensenada's past history. Ensenada's history is a rich and vibrant tapestry of various despotic rulers, noble kings, and the private lives of the lords and ladies, which is best not printed due to their sordid nature. That aside, Ensenada is after all, one of the most sought-after destinations in all of Savannah, if not for the historical factor, then for the fun factor... and if not for that, then what the hell are you doing in Ensenada?

Located on a plain ranging from 20m to 70m above sea level, Ensenada is a sprawling city, divided into five regions, which form the basis for Ensenada's system of government.

Brackenfell: Located on a low island, not unlike that of Notre Dame, on the Brackenfell River, Brackenfell is a modest city with almost 400,000 inhabitants, and is the only city that still has an original government building, dated approximately 1400 AE. Brackenfell is officially known as the Gateway to Ensenada.

Greater Midlands: A sprawling city, with a large agricultural base, the city of Greater Midlands covers the largest area, almost a quarter of the region, stretching from Brackenfell in the north, down to the Ensenada Range in the south, a series of precipitous mountains up to 2000m high. The region of Greater Midlands encompasses two cities, Greater Midlands and Mara. The majority of the land is arable, and provides much of the food for Ensenada. It is often referred to as the "Edible Centre of Ensenada".

Hazaria: Much of Hazaria is mountainous, being located on the south-east peninsula. It is approximately 20km from Ensenada, and is by far the smallest of the five cities. It has a large base of shipbuilding and industry, appropriate for its name, which literally means 'next port' [Ha (next) – Zaria (port)]. The sister city of Zaria is approximately 50km south, further along the coast.

Mordicar-Ensenada: Technically, Mordicar-Ensenada is two separate cities, but due to the urban sprawl, Mordicar-Ensenada enjoys a relationship not dissimilar to that of the two cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. The combined urban area is the largest of the five in total area and population. The lakes east of Mordicar are extremely popular with young families and couples seeking a quiet place only fifteen minutes from the Ensenada CBD.

The Ensenada region is widely considered to have the most superior freeway system in eastern Savannah, however, the lack of a freeway connection through the central business district in Ensenada has resulted in heavy traffic congestion, giving rise to a 'Central Distributor' project, which is currently in its approval stage. Currently, the four freeways at the edge of the CBD dump their traffic directly on surface streets.

The governing of Ensenada is quite unique – it is the only province in Savannah that has a government for its capital city. The core of Ensenada's government revolves around the Council of Five, which has five representatives from the five cities of Ensenada (Brackenfell, Greater Midlands, Hazaria, Mordicar, and Ensenada). This harks back to the days when these five were originally small isolated city-states all squabbling for a handhold in the once massive Greater Savannah Region. Brackenfell is the only city that has a government building dating back to these days.

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Shadow Assassin

No interlude, I'm afraid. Haven't had the time to write the story - in the middle of exams right now. Rest assured, I'm studying hard (but having non-assessable exams is kind of, in my opinion, stupid). BUT... I do have pictures from Greater Midlands International Airport. Hopefully that should make y'all slightly happier.

I'm not gonna say much, though...

The main concourse, with hotels, carparks and the rail and T-Way terminus at Greater Midlands Int'l Airport. The T-Way begins here, goes through the interchange at Arlington Gardens, continues on, where it goes over M1, and joins with the Brackenfell-Greater Midlands T-Way. I may post a map later on, detailing all the stops on this route.

The main entrance, up close. Of course, it's the dead of winter, and as such, the normally-verdant trees out the front are devoid of any leaves. A statue, along with the flags of Savannah can be found at the front of the terminal. The terminal is currently undergoing internal renovations to better allow the flow of traffic. On the left and right hand sides can be seen the short-term carparks, as well as the taxi ranks. There are also underground carparks.

The terminal has 20 gates.

The Customs facility, where dangerous items are confiscated and kept until they can be destroyed. The other two industrial buildings are logistics centres built primarily for the use of other companies. The facility is run by Universal Shipping Ltd.

The last picture, an overview of the entire airport. Keep in mind, though, while this section of the city tile is completed, the other half isn't. The Airport Link can be seen in the bottom left, with the railway and T-way next to each other. There are more than adequate facilities for any conventions or the like to be held. A convention hall is next to the railway station. The helipad on the left is strictly only for the use of any government officials. It is however, only connected to the T-way.

Greater Midlands International Airport, in contrast to Ensenada's airport, is surrounded almost completely by farmland. The two parallel runways are designed to ensure maximum flow in the airport. However, due to the presence of the ridge to the east (top of image 4), takeoffs are almost exclusively always done to the west. A plane can still take off to the east, it is just more difficult - most planes are still able to clear the ridge, with the exception of certain fully-laden planes.

The fuel depot is always kept under close guard, as an explosion would instantly wipe out the airport's storage tanks underground, as well as above ground. It would effectively ground the fleet kept at the airport.

Savais, as well as Rex (Regional Express) call this airport home. Flights most often leave every half-hour, compared to Ensenada, which has flights leaving every 15 minutes.

All Savais flights are designated 20xx or 21xx. For instance a flight between Savannah City and Ensenada is given the designation 2063. An international flight between Passendof and Ensenada is designated 2120. Flights to Savannah City take off from both airports (Ensenada Int'l - every hour, on the hour; Greater Midlands - every hour, on the half-hour). High-speed travel between both airports is possible - it is most commonly done by train or helicopter (helicopter flights, however, are considerably more expensive - 150 pounds for a flight, compared to 2.20 pounds for a train between both Airports).

The Midlands Express terminates at the Airport Station, passes through Greater Midlands, then goes directly to Ensenada Central Station, and terminates at the station. From the station, it is then possible to catch a train directly to Ensenada International Airport. The trip takes 20 minutes by train, travelling at an average speed of 80 to 90kph.

Well, that's Update P01 done. The normal updates will be coming soon.

Here, please note that all update information will be in the subject line. So if you want the latest update, just look for the word Update (or if Re: is missing :P
New Horizons Productions

Badsim

Oh SA , this new already makes my day !   &hlp

What an airport !  &apls

I have to go for my first working day ... come back later . :P

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

TheTeaCat

How have I missed this over at ST. Just glad its going to be here now
Amazing airport SA love the layout. Gonna keep a close eye on this.

&apls &apls
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

dedgren

Oh, this is too cool...

Now we don't dont have to go all the way to Ensenada...

...Ensenada has come to us.

Welcome, Shadow, to you and your great MD/CJ.  I'm sure Ensenada will get lots of careful and well deserved attention here.

Much more to say about your content in a bit- it's 2:30 a.m. where I'm at and I'm severely jet-lagged.  I don't know how much longer I'll continue to make any sense.

Mpriblurf!  Good Luck! (and good night!)

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

bat

wonderful information! great pictures! fantastic work! :thumbsup:

Mulefisk

Wow. That is just so awesome in so many ways.
Great job!  &apls

Heinz

wow SA. huge 'port! and great detailed touch to the story, too! any major liner based there?  :P book me a flight in!  $%Grinno$% see you around

M4346

&apls &apls &apls

At last! You brought a twinkle to my eye! :P And your airport is AMAZING!  :thumbsup:

Welcome to the MDing world of SC4D! It's good, real good to see you here.  ()stsfd()
New Horizons Productions

chocolatemax

Hey SA!  Great to see you, I was just over at Simtropolis admiring your journal, I was going to post there and probably still will but seeing I was here thought I might just drop by and say how stunning your presentation is!  You know I'm a big fan of yours!

Cheers mate.
Holy Inferiority Complex Batman!

mark

Wow very nice airport Shadow Assassin  &apls

kwakelaar

This is great work. I have seen your work before so I know a bit what to expect, but this CJ/MD is new to me and I really look forward to see more of Ensenada. &apls

sebes

I like your airport Shadow Assassin... Very cool ! &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Fledder200

wow i love that third pic!! i love the all actually!!  &apls
your airport rules man!
great Job :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

emilin

Ensenada has been a favourite of mine for a long time now. Great to be able to follow it overe her too. :thumbsup:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

kimcar

&aplsGreat start you have done . I enjoy your work of this airport. Nicely detailled. Keep it up. :thumbsup:

Shadow Assassin

note: This isn't going on ST. Not yet, anyway.

This took a little while, since I was trying to get Photoshop to open my PSD files - it just refused to open them...  >:( ImageReady opened them fine, though. It's also not responding to my commands - that is, despite my mad mouse clicks, it just refuses to do it.

Welcome to Greater Midlands. The first number of updates will be possibly after the Easter long weekend - I think I'm going up the coast for that weekend.

This postcard can be obtained from any number of tacky souvenir shops throughout the city, for a mere SVP3.50. The stamp is included. The east side of downtown is the easiest and cheapest place to find them, considering many of the shops there are discount stores. There's not much crime, which is a good thing.

The Guidebook entry will be added soon. I just have to get Photoshop working again. A restart should do it.

Oh dear, how rude of me. I forgot to reply to y'all.

Badsim: Aww, thanks. :P Glad to be of some help regarding your day.
TheTeaCat: Thanks!
David: Well, I do hope so. It's kind of going down the charts pretty fast over at ST (in other words, it doesn't take long before it ends up on page 2. God it's a competitive place.). At least you'll get to see what I've been up to.
bat: Thanks!
Mulefisk: Thanks!
Heniz: Well, Savais is based here. As for real world liners... hmm... that's a toughie, considering Savannah's on entirely another planet.
Marius: A twinkle? That can easily be obtained by one Mr. Sheen. :P You would have heard of it, considering it's available in South Africa. :P Thanks, BTW.
Choco: I haven't seen you at ST in a long, long time. :P Thanks! Speaking of that, when will Depra make a return?
mark: Thanks!
Kwakelaar: Thanks! It's different from Savannah and Dynasty; more an evolution of my playing style, really.
sebes: Thanks!
Fledder: Thanks! Shame June and April aren't wreaking havoc over at Liaane anymore.
emilin: Thanks! :P
kimcar: Thanks!

Well, that's all. 14 comments for a preview. Certainly impressive. :P

I'll have to post an update soon. But since I might be up the coast for a coupla days, it might have to wait till Monday, unless I pig out on chocolate eggs...
New Horizons Productions

dedgren

Great night shot.  The touch of red added by the Coca-cola sign just sets it off.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Giligone

Oooo, nice teaser! Thats a cool downtown. And its a special SC4D exclusive! mwahahah $%#Ninj2

Shadow Assassin

Aww, thanks. :P

I have the Guidebook entries here:

*on opposite sides of the same page, btw. You can print it out if you want. :P
Please note, while the Museum of Fire was featured in last year's Guide, sadly, it burnt down.
New Horizons Productions