• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Corsica | A serene haven

Started by Yan077, May 14, 2009, 01:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albus of Garaway

My favorite thing about these pictures is the dramatic elevation changes. It really adds depth. Great work! :)

-Jason

Steamrobin

Quote from: Albus of Garaway on August 20, 2009, 07:52:18 PM
My favorite thing about these pictures is the dramatic elevation changes. It really adds depth. Great work! :)

-Jason

Absolutely agree !
I was really enthousiastic by the Mallorca work of Jeronij but this one is going so deeply in details and challenges... I love it ^^

Visit my CJ : Beaujolais Valley - Country of The Ten Villages
(A cooperative Rural Country made with the Help of Purple)

Visit my Ruralset Projects
(showcases and discussion about my Bat/lots)

jimbo_jj

You have some busy cliffside roads there. :o I'd be a little nervous driving on those, well, even if they weren't busy, and I've been on roads like that. They look well-made in any case.

Nice update though, great work on all those mountain rivers especially. :thumbsup:
Coming Soon to SimCity 4 Devotion: Alterren: The New World City
An MD by Jimbo_JJ

peter007

It is looking very great I like the road wich is going up in the last page  &apls

Yan077

REPLIES !

Beutelshlurf >>> thank you very much ! I think the link is working now !

io_bg >>> I'm glad you really enjoyed all the pics, I just can say thank you so much my friend !!

art128  >>> Arthur, the roads that goes on the Corsica mountains are really terrifics! And in a bad way !!! I used that brige only for esthetic reasons, because it's well inserted on these mountainous landscapes.. and once again, thank you very much !

Steamrobin >>>Merci beaucoup l'ami !!! thank you ! And welcome on TSC with the « Beaujolais valley ! « Hips !

Driftmaster07 >>>thank you so much, but my work is so far away from the natural beauty of the Island, and especially the beaches like this one :

citycapitalizer >>> oh! I'm so sorry, I missed you my friend, so thank you very much X2, for yours enthusiaist comments !

Battlecat >>> thanks, the shame is for me because sometimes my terraforming has failed with those farms..

djvandrake >>> thanks !!!

gottago >>> merci beaucoup l'ami

Tomas neto >>> thank you so much Tomas !

TTC >>> Thank you very much Derry, and could you please make a cup of tea for me, my dear ?

meinhosen >>> thanks for your enthousiast comment !

chasespncr >>> thanks my friend !!!

CalibanX >>> thanks Geoff, I'm very flattered, and of course, I used photoshopping (sometimes too much -I have to say- but the natural colors of the game are so insipid...)

Badsim >>> Oh, Cédric, what can I say after your comment ? I'm so flaterred, thank you so much !! I have so high regards with Antigone...
I will try to not disappoint you with the next update, but I'm scarred, I try to make a real corsican city like « Calvi » or « l'Ile Rousse » but for now, I'm not really satisfied, It's a very difficult challenge, I'm fighting with the terraforming and I have a lot of bugs with lot editor...
However I hope the next update will be online on the next days. The Citadelle was a preview and an amusement with photoshopping when I'm boring at work...

Albus of Garaway >>> Thank you !!!

Steamrobin >>>I look the Mallorca work of Jeronij, but the challenges are not the same, JRJ is a real master in Batting and lotediting, he makes an incredible work in recreating Mallorca !
In comparison, I'm a little player.

jimbo_jj >>>  thank you so much !

Peter 007 >>> Thank you for the road. It looks very terrific isn't it !

Yann :thumbsup:

djvandrake

&apls  Wonderful pic and I can't wait to see the area around it.  :)

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Tomas Neto

Badsim

Bonjour Yann ,

Bon j'avoues, je viens de voir la mise à jour à venir sur TSC et .... &dd , je pense que je survivrai mais pour l'instant je reste sans voix . Je reviendrai commenter quand ces incroyables images seront là .

Je voulais d'abord poster ceci .... ( tu devrais poster plus d'images réelles parce que bon , la Corse , ce n'est specialement connu du monde entier , et difficile de se rendre compte de la valeur de ton travail sans un minimun de conaissances préalables ...)

Bellegarde donc , un fort de Vauban à 20 bornes de chez moi ...

J'adore ce que tu as fait de ce BAT de Heblem et les remparts de Roulback .... parfaitement placé !

Very creative work with Heblem's BAT & Roulback's remparts ... and perfectly placed . The pictures above are showing another castle from Vauban ; Bellegarde's castle . I know it very well because it is only 20Km far from my home . You should post more real pictures because without some preliminary knowledge , Corsica being not particularly well known from the entire world , that's not possible to enjoy your work at its right value ...  &apls &apls &apls

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Yan077

Thank you very much, I'm glad you like the Citadel, and Cedric, as you suggest me, I embellished my work with real pictures from Corsica.
(the "Fort de Bellegarde" is really impressive !)

Hope you like it, so let's talk the pictures, and welcome to Punta Dellambra !

]

]

Yann  ;)

io_bg

Wow! I'm always speechless after having seen your MD  :D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

JoeST

Quote from: io_bg on August 31, 2009, 04:05:49 AM
Wow! I'm always speechless after having seen your MD  :D
My sentiment exactly :o WOW!!!

Joe :)
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Badsim

Firstly , I hate this display window desease since the last forum upgrade ....

About your work ;

???

:-\

???

:-\  ... and so on : Yann m'a tuée ...  ;D

Since yesterday when I registered these pictures from Toutsimcity to my computer ( one of them is my background now ... ) , I'm almost paralysed . I've never been so close to close AntigOne and cancel all my projects to start to learn humbly to do do something like your Corsica .

Punta Dellambra , really ? You could have called it Calvi , with no shame !

A pure jewel - just like real Corsica is .

I would be totally incapable to give you any advices , but ...

Quote from: Yan077 on August 26, 2009, 07:01:16 AM

It's a very difficult challenge, I'm fighting with the terraforming and I have a lot of bugs with lot editor....

...if you need something particular about LotEditing , just ask ! I would be glad and proud to do it uppermost ...

Cédric .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Battlecat

:o

Wow, just pure wow!  The quality of your SC4 work matches those photos amazingly well!

djvandrake

&apls &apls &apls

Absolutely beautiful Yan!  Your work is such a joy to behold.  I like your use of the caisson lighthouse too, I did the same thing in my seaport and am very pleased with the result.
:satisfied:

Gringamuyloca

Quote from: Yan077 on August 31, 2009, 03:55:36 AM

Yann...

C'est magnifique !

Quote from: Badsim on August 30, 2009, 01:07:30 PM
You should post more real pictures because without some preliminary knowledge , Corsica being not particularly well known from the entire world , that's not possible to enjoy your work at its right value ...
Cédric.

I do agree with Badsim - the RL pics do add to my amazement at your eye for scale... but I would want to put my towel out on that sandy bay where ever in the world it was!

AMAZING!  ;D
Tamara

KoV Liberty

Abosolutely beutiful work Yan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very stunning!!!!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

calibanX

Beautiful Yan. There's so much to like about this area. I love the beach, and the lighthouse in your night shots. There's so much more too. I love this diary.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)