• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Adara - Update 184 - March 26, 2012

Started by Battlecat, February 10, 2009, 06:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Another great update! Love the retaining walls next to the railway as well as the rocks between it and the lake :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

kwakelaar

Nice, nice, nice....your technique for detailing the clearings in the forest seems to have been perfected.

penguin007

Great update the clearings look far better than the ones I have tried in the past!!

Will

canyonjumper

Looking awesome Battlecat! Pic 146-10 looks beautiful!

Your friend,
                               Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Battlecat

bat: Thanks for your kind words, glad you're enjoying your visits! 

Jason (Albus of Garaway): Thanks!

Cyclone1001: Well, they were a failed experiment in so far that they didn't produce the result I was hoping for.  The spacing wound up too regular.  But I'll be keeping that result in mind for the future!  Thanks for your thoughts!

marsh: Glad to hear it; thanks for stopping in!

nbvc: Thanks, glad you enjoyed them!

Joe (JoeST): Thanks!

noahclem: Glad you found the retaining walls inspiring.  Unless it's brand new, the plant growth is expected.  Plants always find a way to invade! 

TrebuTa: Thanks for your kind words! 

Bernhard (Nardo69): Thanks very much, that's kind of what I was shooting for.  You'll see how people get to the lake today, although you are right, they do just walk across the tracks.  It's dangerously common in my local area. 

Matthijs (MrMAvE94): Thanks, I love adding those cut blocks; they really break up the forested areas. 

Skimbo: It was a bit of a pain to build but it turned out nicely.  Glad you like it!

Neofita: The diagonal fields are actually my own creation.  I'm hoping to get them released sometime in the near future. 

Jayster: Thanks very much!

metarvo: Thanks, glad to hear it!

io_bg:

Gjermund (kwakelaar): Thanks, I'm really happy with how they are coming together now.  I'll be putting together a different approach to a clearing today in fact. 

Will (penguin007): Thanks!  Peg's scrub brush tool really adds to the depth of the clearing.  After that, it's just layering as many different flower and grass textures into the mix. 

Jordan (canyonjumper): Thanks very much!

Update 147
Dunster Bend – Detailing Here and There

A few random sets of details today, I couldn't stay focused on any one thing this weekend. 

147-1: My original plan was to finish this entire section of lake. 

147-2: At least I managed to finish this area. 

147-3: First up, a trail exists from the exurb subdivision down to the lake.  Yes, the residents cross the railway at their own risk. 

147-4: Testing out another style of riprap for the slope along the railway.  This texture is from one of Peg's texture packs. 

147-5: And here's a third one, primarily using peg's rocks.  I'm pretty happy with both of them, they certainly add variety to the terrain. 

147-6: With everything done, I was fortunate to spot a train travelling through the area. 

147-7: And pulling out, here's a look at the entire area that I actually managed to finish.  I was going to continue from here, but then I got distracted. 

147-8: So up near the edge of the map, there's an old gravel road that extends up in to the valley. 

147-9: Originally, this was going to be another series of clear cuts.  While that plan stands to a certain extent, I decided to take a different approach.

147-10: Instead, we've got somebody living up here.  The owner is just maintaining a quiet, low effort hay farm. 

147-11: The forest is slowly beginning to encroach onto the farm, especially at the back of the property which doesn't get mowed as regularly.  Water collects in a small pool at the back of the land. 

147-12: Here's an overview of the farm.  Moving on one more time.

147-13: Last item for today before I was interrupted by life.  I'm going to develop this hillside above the main road through Dunster Bend.

147-14: It's about time I found somewhere to exhaust the demand for high wealth homes.  The tennis courts are simply encouragement, they'll be gone when all is done.

147-15: Success!  Well except for one lot but the demand is there so it's only matter of time! 

That's all for today!

noahclem

Great work! The hay farm is my favorite--looks like a nice place to live. Also great variety in the lake/track-side slopes!

Cyclone1001

Very creative ideas. I like the water collection thingy.

^ My mood right now.

Skimbo

I especially like this little path leading down to the water.
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

canyonjumper

Great pics Battlecat! Love the farm and the lakeside trail!

Your friend,
                            Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

mave94

Again nice update
And congratulations to take part of the SC4D MD HoF! &apls

- Matthijs

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

Congratulations on getting to the MD HOF! &apls &apls
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

bat

That newest update is really great! :thumbsup:

AND CONGRATS FOR THE MOVING into the MD HOF!!!!!
&apls &apls &apls

JoeST

congratulations, you deserve it 100 times over, such a fantastic view of the game, and such precision. beautiful

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

marsh

Conradumalations on getting the HOF!!!11!one!  &apls &apls &apls

You deserve it so much!  ;D

,marsh

metarvo

Congratulations on the well-deserved entry into the HOF, Battlecat!  :thumbsup:  The innovative and realistic concepts that I've seen as I've followed Adara have certainly been a pleasure to see.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

ecoba

Congratulations about being admitted to the hall of fame ! You have deserved it with your work here ! :)

Ethan

rooker1

The last update was very interesting.  I like the look of the obviously placed black rocks along the river/rail line.....Looks more realistic.

Congrats on getting your MD into the MD HoF!  It definately deserves to sit there beside the others.

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

noahclem

Congratulations on entering the Hall of Fame! Your absolutely beautiful MD was certainly deserving of the honor!

thundercrack83

Congratulations, my friend! Welcome to the Hall of Fame!

Dustin