• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Adara - Update 184 - March 26, 2012

Started by Battlecat, February 10, 2009, 06:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayster

Very nice update yet again. Looking forward to more!  :thumbsup:

Jayster

RickD

The area is developing very nicely. I am eager to see the final result. :)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Skimbo

The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

penguin007

Nice update the village is looking great

Will

Terring7

Looking forward to see your project complete :)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Battlecat

Tomas Neto: Thanks very much! 

bat: Thanks!

Cyclone1001: Thanks, I appreciate it.  Nice graphic, I approve!

Jordan (canyonjumper): Thanks very much!

noahclem: Glad you like it all, thanks for stopping by!

Matthijs (MrMAvE94): Thanks!

io_bg: Thanks for your kind words!

Jayster: Thanks very much!

RickD: Same here, life always seems to be slowing me down though!  Thanks for stopping in!

Skimbo: Thanks!

Will (penguin007): Thanks, glad you like it! 

Terring7: Yeah, same here.  Not sure if it will ever be really done though! 

Update 146
Dunster Bend – Random Developments

Today I wound up randomly developing a fairly large area.  Developing might not be the right word though, I suspect detailing would be a more appropriate description! 

146-1: Here's my target zone for today's work.  I wanted to completely detail this shot, but reality dictated that I would not quite make it.

146-2: First up is the area around the curved farm.  A quick swath of trees and shrubs and then we're done!

146-3: The shoreline carries logically from here.  The small tree covered stream enters the lake here.  Originally I wanted to expose it, but I realized that the terrain here is not helpful to making it look good.  So I went with just trees right to the shore.

146-4: Up on the hillside, I've added a new road and started adding the forest in.  This road has a minor destination.

146-5: A small block of exurbs on the hillside above the railway tracks. 

146-6: There's no water supply here, so the quality of the homes varies. 

146-7: With the dense forest, around them, the sound of the railway will be quite muted.

146-8: The road only exists because it's an upgraded and extended logging road.  Here are the two cut blocks left behind. 

146-9: I really love detailing these.  The one at the top of the picture is older as evidenced by the heavier tree cover.

146-10: Let's have a closer look at that one, I love how this area turned out.

146-11: This area is my last project for today.  Unfortunately, I'm going to have to leave it unfinished.  But I've at least started on it.

146-12: An old retaining wall holds things back.  The trees were a failed experiment and I'll revise that right away.

146-13: Weeds, shrubs and rocks make a much nicer footing to the retaining walls.  I'm also playing around with the edge of the railway.  Only some of the railway track is directly adjacent to the lake.  I'll be playing around with a variety of shoreline retaining wall styles to create the effect of repairs to the slopes over a long period of time. 

146-14: Pulling out a bit, here's an overview of the area that was completed today. 

146-15: And to wrap things up, here's the next composite image of the tile. 

That's a wrap for today!  See you next time!

bat

The picture 146-10 is looking really beautiful!
Great work on this part of your region!
Looking forward to the continuation... ;)

Albus of Garaway

Cyclone1001

In order to be different and to use less space, I'm putting this in Spoiler tags.*
Anyways, I do believe that the trees were NOT a failed experiment, but whatever you like. 146-13 is unique, I'm gonna try something like that.

*- No spoiler tags  :thumbsdown:

marsh

Very nice! The lake is coming along very beautifully. ;D

,marsh

nbvc

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

noahclem

Great work, the regrowing forest areas are just beautiful!  &apls I'm going to try decorating my retaining walls with shrubs, weeds, rocks, etc as well.

Congrats on your well-deserved nomination for the MD hall of fame! :thumbsup:

TrebuTa

Keep it up, I am loving every single bit of it again and again and again ! :D :thumbsup: &apls

Nardo69

Well, detailing such remote areas might be a difference between a good and a very good rural CJ. I am also enjoying detailing such areas far away from everything.
These houses could be weekend loges. Sometimes you can find them at such areas - especially close to the lake. I just wonder how the people there are crossing the railway line in order to reach the lake shore - they don't just run across the tracks, do they?

Take care!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

mave94

Again a good update,
The cutted blocks looks looks very nice, great details you put in :D

-Matthijs-

Skimbo

The road through this mountainous area is brilliant!
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

Jayster

Very nice update! Looking forward to more!

Jayster

metarvo

Splendid work, BC!  :thumbsup:  The diagonal fields and the flora placement continue to inspire me.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.