• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Adara - Update 184 - March 26, 2012

Started by Battlecat, February 10, 2009, 06:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyclone1001

That dirt road almost looks like GLR, especially with the power lines. Another great update, 99 to go! :P :D

djvandrake

Bravo!  I like the effort you've put into making those replanted areas look so realisitc.  Fantastic.

Battlecat

Jordan (canyonjumper): The NAM curves really are one of the most fantastic developments available!  It's hard to image what it was like building a city without them!  Thanks very much for stopping in!

Jacob (ShultzCity): Yup, the brown rye grass makes a subtle difference which I like very much!  Thanks for suggesting it!  Today I've got one last look at Ellison Flats before we move on to Greenwood.  I'm also still really happy with how Vavenby turned out after all this time!  Putting that composite together was a blast, glad you liked it!

Connor: Thanks very much for your kind words!  Glad you enjoyed the update!

Tomas Neto: Thanks! 

Ethan (ecoba): Glad you like the age variation effect on the clearcuts.  The local variation is probably a lot greater than reality, but I do have limited space to work with!  Also glad you like the exurb in the clearcut.  Wasn't sure how the idea would work out, but it turned out pretty nicely.  Yeah, I've snagged a handful more residential plugins, but there's always room for more! 

Glad you enjoyed Ellison Flats and the details I put into it.  Check out today's bonus for a first look at where we're heading next!  Thanks for stopping in!

nedalezz: Thanks!  The beach turned out better than I expected it would.  Glad you like it and the exurb.  That exurb was particularly experimental, but I'm very happy with the results. 

Cyclone1001: :) Good way to look at it!  98 to go now I suppose!  Thanks for your kind words!

djvandrake: Thanks, glad you enjoyed the clear cuts; they're quite a lot of fun to detail.

Update 102
Ellison Flats – Mapping and Composites

As is often the case, this update will be quite small, but there will be a lot of details in here.  It's taken a while, but here we are at the finish of Ellison Flats, the southern suburb of Winfield.  Let's get right on with the images today then.

102-1: Let's start off today's update with something simple.  Here we have the classic zoom 1 composite of Ellison Flats.  I haven't had time to put together a zoom 2 composite of Ellison Flats yet.  I'll be posting that as a bonus in a future update. 

102-2: Here's our traditional map.  Today you can click on the map to see a larger and different verion (2 megabyte png file)! 

102-3: As I said, I'm keeping it short today.  Just no time right now.  But at least I had time to put together a new regional composite for you all to enjoy.  Zoom 1 overview now including Ellison Flats! 

OSITM Bonus 8: Just for fun today, I've decided to throw together a full sized preview of the Greenwood Area.  This tile is located directly north of Alexandria, and was Option 1 back when you all voted to head to Ellison Flats first.  The shot I've provided here looks south back towards Alexandria.  There's already some revision work I want to do on this map, but I'll take care of most of that during the first update. 

That's a wrap for this small update.  Next time I'll be on to the preliminary work on Greenwood! 

NomenEstOmen

Despite the shortness of this update, I really enjoyed it!
Nice to see a map once again.
Those maps really make your MD look like it was just taken from reality. :thumbsup:

Hm, looking at the OSITM Bonus pic, I wonder if you're finally going to use game water...  &Thk/(

canyonjumper

Great update! The map is, as always, excellent, and the composites are wonderful! I'm interested in seeing what you have in mind for Greenwood.

Your friend,
                              Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Toichus Maximus

Must say i love your work so far! Excellent use of every element and such wonderful attention to realistic detail. Keep up the beautiful work!
Matt

ShultzCity

Outstanding! I am still drooling over that regional pic, it is absolutely spectacular. I also really like the composite of Ellison Flats - those logging areas look great from a distance! Can't wait till Greenwood :)
I'd love it if you could check out my photography! Click on of the links below:
http://www.jacobshultz.com.au
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jshultzphotography/

Cyclone1001

May be just a few pictures, but it still packs the same punch. Great work &apls

nbvc

Great work. &apls

How do you make the "traditional map"? Do you have a tool to make such maps?

ecoba

Ah, so we're heading to the lower areas of Adara now! The Ellison Flats overview and maps look awesome and I hope that we can see a closer zoom soon.

Ethan

Nardo69

Hello my friend!

Sorry for not being around here lately but my RL is kind of a mess (besides my windows problem(s)).

Anyway I surely did miss something! Love your pine woods even though they don't match my middle-european (Black Forest) imagination of a pine forest. And besides my envie I have to confess your lake shores are better than any of mine *sigh*.

Love 101.13 but I am sure this could be better - just check your PMs ;)

That region view is breathtaking - these are the best meanders I ever saw in SC4

Take care my friend!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

djvandrake

&apls &apls &apls

Love the region composite.  Really looks fantastic.

calibanX

I love those maps Battlecat. I like that you put the region you're mapping adjacent to the map itself. I like to compare them. Also, I must say I never tire of those composites of yours. When done right they are quite beautiful, and you do them right  :thumbsup:

Take care.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

RickD

Your region shots are impressive. It all fits perfectly together. And the map is very interesting.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

kimcar

&apls &aplsGreat region shot. Very impressive

Toichus Maximus

Quote from: nbvc on March 17, 2010, 02:23:08 PM
Great work. &apls

How do you make the "traditional map"? Do you have a tool to make such maps?

Gotta echo this too... I'm taking GIS classes at my school, and we use ArcMap, but that's pretty intense and doesn't work very well for stuff that isn't going to be georeferenced... which wouldn't be a problem for some of the realworld maps people have made, or you could just reference a consistent spot, but that would be tiresome... A simple mapper would be sweet.

penguin007

That region view just gets better and better can't wait for more!!

Will

Utvaw

Fantastic MD.  I like the way you work with the natural surroundings in your cities.

nedalezz

I think my favorite pictures are the regional shots you give us - they are soooo life like. The map you put together is equally impressive. It was a short, but oh so sweet update!

bat

Your two new updates are really great!
Nice work on the map and region overviews! :thumbsup: