• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebes

Great update again. The cute little tunnel between de UNW Dance Department ant the Imax theater is very nice  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

emilin

Well, I'm having an extremly busy week at work, and my mother is coming to visit this weekend so the progress on Islas Gemas is even slower than usual.

I have however solved the problem of making my own growables, which will speed things up eventually. So, here's a quick teaser of what's to come later. I realize it could be a more detailed lot, but it looks alright for a first try, in my opinion:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

sebes

A first try only ???? Unbelieveable result .. &apls  I wonder how your 10th lot will look like   &Thk/(
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

rooker1

I second sebes comment.  Wow, great job. &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

wouanagaine

Good job, especially that you take on the growing mega lot directly ( 9x5 )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

thundercrack83

I agree with sebes and rooker1, that is outstanding for your first try! Ican't want to see them incorporated into Islas Gemas.

urban

wonderful images, as always

amazing region view!!!

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

mark

Very nice growable emilin  &apls

looking forward to the area developing more :)

Mark

NikNik

great work Emil.

I like what you've done with the valley and the retaining walls are a good choice. The stadium area is very nice and indeed the pw connects very well with Jeronij's canals. Well done. Good work.

Nik-Nik

Pat

Emilin great update, i do love that growable w2w, cant wait to see the finished work!!! - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

emilin

Personal replies:

rooker1: Thank you! I'm glad you liked the transition from canals to seawater, because I was hesitant myself. I'm not sure exactly which building you are looking for, but the big mall is called Coco Mall and can be found on STEX.

kwakelaar: Thank you. I hope you like the development that has taken place since the last update too. The valley is very narrow, and space is a constant issue, but I'm trying my best to work around that.

patfirefghtr: Thanks! A boxer/pit-mix, you say? Must be a very active dog to say the least, hehe...

kimcar: Thank you! I am having fun. Always.

Badsim: Thank you, as always! And I you might notice that I took your advice and changed those walls after all. I still like those MAS walls very much, but they just weren't right for this particular city. So I went with jeronijs rural stone walls instead.

thundercrack83: Thanks! More of the downtown area (or the REAL downtown, actually) is coming right up.

Rayden: Thanks a lot! And my dog has one more thing in common with Scooby Doo besides the looks. She has no concept whatsoever of her own size and often tries to climb into my lap which, of course, fails miserably every time.

Heinz: Thank you! The Independiente plays in the "national" league. Islas Gemas is a province of an undisclosed country that has undeniable similarities to Spain in our real world. There are a few other soccer times on the other islands too, but they play in lower leagues.

M4346: Thank you, Marius! I'm sorry I haven't been over to comment on your work lately, but I will be back soon.

Air6: Thank you! I wasn't expecting that much attention for the first pic, but I'm very happy that so many of you seem to appriciate that particular shot.

bat: Thanks! I When I get the region a little more developed I will post a full size region shot (Islas Gemas is actually quite big) but I'm not quite ready yet.

sebes: Thanks! I'm glad you noticed the tunnel. I like that piece myself.

wouanagaine: Thank you! And thanks for helping me save the one that didn't grow. I managed to turn it into a landmark using your directions.

urban: Thanks!

mark: Thank you!

NikNik: Thanks!

Developing Santiago, more lots, downtown and old town

I really wish I had more time, but life is hectic right now, and there is no real reason for me to believe that it will calm down any time soon. We are constantly undermanned at work, and lately I have been doubling as a speech writer (which is a lot of fun, but not what I usually do so it takes a lot of time and effort).

Anyways, Islas Gemas is still growing, despite everything else. I have continued designing more growables and also some additonal ploppables. So, let's start by looking at a few of them from a few different angles:

Here is a close up from the yard of the governor's residence. I'm not quite ready to show the whole lot just yet:

Now, we move on to the downtown area. Remember the last update where I showed you the "financial center". This here is the proper downtown, where people do their shopping and such:

I have also worked on the "old town". These are the oldest parts of Santiago, and I have used mickebears growables combined with some Debussyman growables and ploppable commercial lots to build it:

BlackwaterEmil's inn

thundercrack83

Amazing job, emilin! I love the Latin feel that Islas Gemas has! The growables look great and I love the downtown shopping area. Good luck with the speech writing, and I'll be waiting for the next update!

Antoine

sebes

Great pictures, all reflecting the great atmoshphere of Islas Gemas  &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

rooker1

emilin,
Wow, super job on your new lotting skills, I think you have perfected it.  Your city looks great, your pictures are awesome and I love the latin (or euro) theme.  I always enjoy visiting your MD.
I also think it was a good idea you changed those mas walls to jeronij's, good choice.
And thanks for the link to the Coco mall, that's what I was looking for.

Robin   :thumbsup: &apls :thumbsup: &apls
Call me Robin, please.

jayo

Nice development pics :PKeep up the good work.Once again this is a great CJ!  :o
I'm back

Badsim

Excellent update , emilin , (the opposite would have been surprising . ;D )
I enjoy your Lots on mediterranean theme , :thumbsup: , all these colored buildings are great and attracting and your work has the merit to show me (us) another SC4 possible world . Give me some regrets ...  ::) . I recognize some BATs from capitalsimcity.com , they fit very well with this style . :thumbsup:
However , working with LotEditor , my first advice now to improve them the most efficiently is to add them a few props to make them more alive .It's so easy ... ::)
Static people : Amill4x4x4_small / small-medium / medium / large
Moving crowd : Randomwalk_SmallCrowd / StateFair
Don't forget to place them several time randomely with different directions ...It's a good habit to take as soon as possible so it will quickly become an automatism , trust me !  :P

Au boulot ! (At work ! ) ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

iamgoingtoeatyou

&apls your work never cease to amaze, i love these south american towns you create, so lively and colorful. you have a wonderful talent!

kwakelaar

This is showing a lot of promise for the final result of your capitol, Mickebear and Debussyman are of course perfect for the job of getting the right atmosphere.
Last picture it seems you have some trees growing out of the roofs of the market halls, very original but probably not quite intended like that ;)

emilin

BlackwaterEmil's inn