• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooheys

lol, one bad morning, thank god he got over it or this place would have looked like Bliss on a bad day  :D

That was a fine update, the church looks great and the surrounding buildings are a nice sepection. You can see the relationship with the RL pics. Well done :thumbsup:

Dave

warconstruct

WoW... I am once again to remain stuck on my seat  :o :o

your works is remarkable, I congratulate you, there is also a very good control of LotEditor !

impatient to see your next update  ;)

PS : CHEER for your 900 comms

Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

sebes

Quote from: emilin on March 14, 2008, 03:19:19 AM
a 1950s mayor with that had a bad morning. ;D

You shot him, right?

Found this blissy-picture Googling for this man.

Just realize now it's a giant armadillo - what 'd ya think of that  Alex?
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Yoman

Really excellent update here, this was my favorite picture. Just love that corner with the church, seems to match Stockholm really well, you should ask Xiziz when you want to make Blackwater's navy :P

Earth quake

Excellent. &apls
It is really splendid, I congratulate you. :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Lovely little update, my friend! I love seeing the things that inspire people to create their cities!

And congratulations on reaching 900 comments!

Dustin

Pat

Emilin great pics there!!! I do like that little explaination there about the histroy of why there is such a modren look in a historic downtown....

@ Sebes have you PM'ed that pic to Alex yet  :D

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

krbe

Thanks for the city history, emilin! When I got up from the Metro at Sergels Torg (T-Centralen), it was hard to imagine that this was an old European city. Large office blocks in 50-60's styles seemed to dominate, though some older buildings have been preserved.

I was also amazed over the tunnels on the blue line of the Stokholm Metro; which only has one overground station on one of the two arteries (see a map of the metro system, where --line--)--tunnel--(--line-- shows where the tunnels are). I was a bit surprised over the number of high-rises in Akalla, and that it wasn't planned overground (where do they get the money?). But the quiet trains were certainly good to ride; far better than the shaky and noisy Arlanda Express.

And the airport--four terminals for 17m passengers! Good thing they're planning to join the smaller ones.

mightygoose

fantastically realistic update there.... really captured the spirit of the city....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

emilin

Personal replies:

metasmurf: Oj, tack så hemskt mycket!

bat: Thank you, bat!

Strechnitz: Thanks! Good to see you back around SC4D again too. I hope you had a nice time during your absense.

rooker1: Wow! Thank you so much!

thundercrack83: Thanks a bunch, Dustin!

sebes: Eeehhhh... actually the administration was voted away... but they came back a few years later lead by the very same Mr Mehr. During his second term he decided to tear down a bunch of very old trees from a downtown park, but was at stopped by massive protests. The incident is known as "Almstriden" ("Battle of the Elms") in Sweden. Nice picture you found, by the way - it looks like it was made by the artist Lars Hillersberg, but I'm not sure...

Quesh: Thank you!

figui: Thanks! I just wish there were more buildings like that available.

tooheys: Thank you! Parts of Stockholm does feel a bit like Bliss, actually. ;D But, luckely other parts of the city remain untouched.

warconstruct: Thanks! And I hope you enjoyed the celebration too.

Yoman: Thanks! Sweden doesn't really have much of navy, but I do think that's another thing that I will change for Blackwater. Navy ships are really cool. ;D

Earth quake: Thank you so much!

Pat: Thanks a lot!

krbe: Yeah, the underground in Stockholm is one of the best things around here. Basically it takes 20-30 minutes to go pretty much anywhere you want (well, not ANYWHERE, but you know what I mean...) The highrises in the suburbs are mostly working class residentials built during the 1960s in something called the "Million Program" (the goal was to build one million new rental apartments in ten years time) much like "The Projects" in the suburbs of many American cities.

mightygoose: Thank you!

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

thundercrack83

Congratulations, again, my good friend! 900 comments is an awesome feat! And soon we'll be knocking on the door of 1000! I can't wait to see that mosaic--and by the way, the one above is pretty spectacular, too!

Take care!

Dustin

Yoman

Just 90 more and we'll be at 1000 in an awesome MD! Great mosaic also btw, I really like how everything fits together seamlessly. Got an active nightlife in Blackwater eh?

Quesh

&apls for this 900 posts !
This update confirms the success of this city  :thumbsup:

figui

great mosaic to celebrate!
congrats for 913 comments :P

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

bat

You have made there a wonderful mosaic, emilin! :thumbsup:

And Congrats on more than 900 replies!! &apls &apls

rooker1

Another very nice update.  I like mosaics alot now as I have a new found understanding of how to do them myself and how much extra work it takes to make one.  Great job.  I also really like the recreation of the cathedral square.
&apls
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

warconstruct

superb mosaic  &apls &apls

I like much your works ! I congratulate you for your 9OO comments poster on your newspaper  &apls

and I am impatient to see your next update !

Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

sebes

Excellent mosaïc Emilin  :thumbsup:
All parts of that area show great dedication to the lotting you did - in detail! The result is absolutely lovely.
-The parking area next to the first office building is soo natural there
-The church square by night looks so dark and realistic that I can imagine things happening there that the vicar would not approve...
-The high office buidling in the middle fits perfectly and gives the entire mosaic that downtown after office hours feeling" that sparks from it.
-The station is, as said before - is a topper. Those trains and many cars parked reflect the sizzling metropolis of Blackwater
-The last offices seem to be made exactly for that spot near the waterfront

I can look for a long time to this great picture  :satisfied:

One question: what do I see at the back of the "Back Bipop" office, in the curve of the street( just under the crossing with zebra's)? I do not recognize it....
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Schulmanator

That is a fantastic mosaic! Congrats on the fine achievement.  &apls &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

emilin

Personal replies:

thundercrack83: Thank you! It's still quite some distance untill we're approaching #1000 comments though. But some day...

Yoman: Thanks! You are hinting that I might have overworked the number of people in the streets perhaps? Maybe you are right, but I just can't stop myself from placing a few "amill"s to many. ;D

Quesh: Thank you so much!

figui: Hehe... thanks!

bat: Thanks a bunch!

rooker1: Thanks! Yeah, mosaics are a pain to make - that's why I only do them for special occations.

warconstruct: Thank you very much. That was very kind of you.

sebes: Thank you! The building you are asking for is just a Maxis shop (I think it is from the Euro or Houston sets). I can't remember the exact name right now, but it should be named "smallshop" or something like that.

Schulmanator: Thank you so much, schulie!

Blackwater: Cultural centre

Before the proper update starts I have to confess to having a bit of a mess in my Plugins-folder right now. If anyone could help me figure out what the heck I have installed to make the avenue crossings turn red it would be very much appriciated?

This is what I'm talking about:

Anyone?

Well, this update shows the area around the Blackwater Cultural Centre (the low building next to the sunken plaza). It also features some real skyscrapers - but not to worry, this is one of the few places in Blackwater with those kinds of really tall buildings (it will not turn into a forest, I promise...) ;D

But first of all, we start off with an overview of the development so far.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine