• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

WELCOME TO PAGE 43!!

Yes, that's a fantastic update, emilin!! Wonderful pictures of that area! Great work!!
Looking forward to more...

warconstruct

splendid series of image  &apls &apls I like much the buildings old and modern which cohabits between them !
and the channel goes there has wonder  ;)

good continuation
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

thundercrack83

Outstanding work, my friend!

After seeing that you spent several hours toiling over these lots, I can say that you're patience is only surpassed by your talent! Excellent job!

Can't wait to see more!

Dustin

Antoine

tooheys

I really like the older areas, you put these together nicely.  :thumbsup:

The blue highrise is such a contrast but in my opinion fits in well (although I can never seem to place this building properly).

Great stuff and looking forward to more.

Cheers

Dave

threeswept

I've just been catching up on this thread. I would say that those forest pics in the previous update are incredibly detailed and amazingly life-like. Makes me feel as though I was flying over an actual forest. I love the little tent and canoes "lost" in the forest. What great landscaping!

kimcar

&apls &apls Very nice update  :thumbsup: I like the lotting that you have done. It`s nice to see something different then the original. :thumbsup:

Pat

Emilin, wonderful update here  &apls &apls &apls and congrats on being in OSITM!!! :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Grneyes

I can't believe that's all ploppable water!!! Awesome work!!!

I never notice the sidewalk difference btwn high and low res. Wonder why they did that? Is it the same in commercial and industrial too?

MaryBeth

emilin

Personal replies:

sebes: Hehe... don't appologies. You pointed out a flaw - and flaws need fixing. Which is exactly what I (or rather squidi) have been up to lately. More on that topic below, by the way...

Yoman: It seems the solution is the opposite to what you are suggesting, actually. But it seems to be possible to solve. More on that topic below.

rooker1: Thank you! I don't think I am ready for an overview just yet, but I promise to post one as soon as ther is enough development done for it not to look silly.

bat: Thanks!

warconstruct: Thank you! I try to mix old and new buildings because that is how most European cities really look. I'm glad you think it works.

thundercrack83: Thank you, as always!

Antoine: Thanks!

tooheys: Thanks! The reason I used that building was actually mostly because of its' diagonal properties. It was a real pain making it fit there, but I really wanted it on the edge of the railroad area like that.

threeswept: Thank you so much!

kimcar: Thanks!

Pat: Thank you!

Grneyes: Thanks! Actually there are even more variations if you consider indstry and commercial zones. All industrial zones - except farms that have a whole different set of properties - are low dense side walks.

Blackwater: sidewalks and more

I know I have been a little quiet lately, but I haven't been doing nothing. Since the last update I was contacted by squidi who might have come up with a possible solution to the sidewalk issue.

Yoman suggested that it might be possible to force the game to believe that all zones were of medium density (therefor not showing the ugly grass edges of the street sidewalks). It turns out that the best solution is probably the other way around: to override the low density textures with medium density sidewalks.

It was quite easy to make the correct textures in the SC4 tool. In fact I didn't even have to make new textures - just copy the medium density Alpha file over to the rest of the textures too. It did, however, take a few days to do that.

The hard part of this, of course, was making the actual overrides - and for that process I take no credit what soever - it was all the work of genius modder squidi. &apls

Now, all of the overrides are not finished yet - and there are still some corrections to be made to the actual modd, but this preview suggests that it does actually work.

First, let's zone a little low density residentials:

And, now, let's plop a landmark too:

As you can see there are a few textures left to override, but it looks alright for a first try:

The magic of squidi, ladys and gentlemen... &dance

Now, I have only had time to make one other lot beside this, so I thought I would show you some more of the process involved too (sorry if I am boring you).

For this particular lot, I was after a very specific look. These two pictures show an area I pass by everyday when I go to work:

I wanted to capture the same feeling, but without making it an exact copy. For this perpose I made a lot with some ordinary Maxis houses that looked like the same style to me:

As you may have noticed, this is a waste power plant, which is very inappropriate, I know, but it was an easy solution. ;D

Now, let's place it in the game:

I know, this wasn't a very large update, but hopefully I will have more pictures next time, which isn't to many days away. ;D

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

nova vesfalo

CRAQUEUR ! This update shows an amazing lots ! Full of details and life ! (giving me some idea :) )

rooker1

Emil, super work on these LOTs.  I do however have a suggestion.  I think you need a curb of some sort dividing the cars from the sidewalk.  jestarr has one in one of his prop packs called "curb".  If you can't find it, I could find it tonight and tell you where it came from and it's ID number.  Other than that, this is an awesome LOT.
&apls
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Yoman

Well it seems you've found  a solution devoid of my horrid advice :P And it looks excellent, great work both of you!

Those lots you've created here look ingenious, and that area in real life looks really interesting also (it looks to me like that street is elevated above the riverbank). Anyway you've demonstrated your great lotting skills once again and I'm looking forward to the next update.

Now for a question, I couldn't help but notice in the top right of one of the images that there was a train in the station, an automata train made by Mijg Duty. Have you converted these from automata to become props? Because you've inspired me to lot my own station (a terminus of Nob's Hiroshima station). And I've had to BAT my own engine so far, and don't really want to BAT a few different train types.

EDIT - Was looking back through my post, and I realized just how much Badsim has influenced the game. nearly all my new stuff is relotted or custom lotted. Same with yours, lotted for one place and one place only. And surprisingly I really enjoy it, and I think it's made all of our cities that much more unique. But anyway, excellent lotting  ;D

Owen

thundercrack83

Amazing, my friend!

The sidewalk fix looks like it's working perfectly. Sorry that it takes so long to take care of, though. And I love how you showed us your thinking with the new lots, particularly the real life pictures you posted. I always find it especially interesting when MD authors show their "inspiration" for things. And the way that you portrayed the area in SC4 is absolutely splendid with the canals.

Keep up the magnificent work, my friend!

Dustin

sebes

He Emil - that is a great solution that you found!  And I have the same thught as Dustin: I like very much that you show a picture of your RL inspiration for that part of the MD that you're doing now. Very interesting! And good choise of the Maxis house to. Is the RL pic taken in Stockholm?
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

tooheys

Emilin, I have only just started experimenting with the LE. A very interesting update, its great to see how different people work with the tool,
and dropping by here is certainly teaching me a thing or two.

Cheers

Dave

bat

Great work there with the LE! Looks really nice, emilin! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to more...

kimcar

Hehe!Another expert with LE  &apls &apls Very good work my friend . Your skill grow very fast and we gonna have another point of view on some different bat-lotting Keep it up  :thumbsup:

mightygoose

fantastic work , you make that maxis look amazing....

as to your sidewalk issue.... i trick i discovered.....

use this mod here by swamper [linkie]

and then make sure your sidewalk mod loads after it and voila you get what your after...

see....

hope i have helped....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

warconstruct

wow splendid works!! Modification to bring thanks to the LE is splendid east realism! !

and I hope that you would find a good end for your pavements.

good continuation  ;)
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022