• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ennedi plays Shosaloza

Started by Ennedi, August 25, 2007, 10:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 17!

Yes, nice pictures of these slope mods! Great work on it! :thumbsup:

mattb325

Excellent updates again. I particularly like the dunes that you have made - something had always struck me as odd with the beaches in SC4, but I could never quite put my finger on it: your experiments have changed that - these beaches look identical to so many coastlines around the world.

I'm also interested in the slope mod experiments: I've always found it very difficult to get the road networks just right on steep terrain, so this could be very useful indeed.

Yoman

To honest the result you've obtained looks alot like the slope mod I use (forget which one). You seem to have been able to get softer bumps and such though so if you ever release this I'll probably take it, and if you manage to eliminate that effect at the bottom of slopes where it digs into the ground (very annoying) I'll definatley get it.

As always looking forward to some more  :thumbsup:

Ennedi

Hello again,

I started playing with slope mods, so I only want to tell you about the progress  ;)

But first

nedalezz: Thank you very much, I think some slope tools will be useful for you too, even on your desert  :D

Jmouse: Hello Joan, I showed only one slope mod modification. The difference between 15,5.3 and 15,5.4 is only in the slope height, the network behaviour on various slopes is different, so I showed both situations. 15,5.5 shows my problem with roads digging into the ground.
Don't worry, the final effect will be simple, and I want to make this mod as comfortable as possible, it is for people who don't want to think about exemplars and such things, there is enough to do playing the game  :D
But some people can be interested in technical details, so I showed them  :)
There will be another kind of for dunes in the near future, thank you for your good opinion!

thundercrack83: thank you Dustin, yes - working on slopes is a pain for many people, but most of them have more serious problems and I understand them  :D. Working on slopes is not the only sign of good playing skills  ;)

bat: Thank you bat, as always nice to see you!

mattb325: Hello Matt, the beach theme is fascinating and it would be a great pleasure for me if I could help to some players to make something which was not present in SC4 yet  :) I am sure there are some people who are able to make beautiful coasts, so I want to research this theme a bit more.

Yoman: Hello Owen, if you could check what slope mod you use and inform me, I would be very grateful, maybe it can be helpful for me.
I want to achieve some more effects in this mod to make it more universal, so I have some work before releasing it.
And good news: this stupid digging effect was fixed  :D

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

cameron1991

Thats an excellent looking slope mod Ennedi!
I like the way the streets and avenues gradually steepen in the second picture  :thumbsup:

Shadow Assassin

Well, for my slope mod, I actually use Jeroni's one with modified parameters. :P

But this one might turn out to be a better proposition altogether. How do highways look with this?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Pat

WOW Adam them slopes are looking real good!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rushman5

I love this mod, simply because there is no sharp angle at the top or bottom, keep up the great work!

Yoman

Apparently (according to Xiziz :P) I use the slope mod developed by Jeronij's, but will soon be switching to yours as I can't stand that digging effect.

Looking great also, the slopes all look realistic and perfect for me  :thumbsup:

TheTeaCat

Excellent investigative work you are doing here Adam.

Each update explores something new in a clear way , easy to understand.
Its one of the reasons this md is one of my favs. Unfortunately RL has time
constraints on us all  &mmm So while I may not comment as much It doesn't
mean I am not visiting when I get the chance.

As for my personal fav slope mod - I use jeroni's modded file from BRF.

There are times when it can be very annoying where it digs in to the terrain
but if you are careful in its use it can create very buildable sloped terrain
as he shows in his tutorial on here

I found that you only got the "digging in" effect when dragging a network down a hill but
never when going uphill

I hope this help a bit for you but I am sure that you continue to astound and amaze
in the future with your discoveries within the game

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Jmouse

Oh yes! A slope mod that's easy to use and understand, effective and great looking.
You are changing the way we look at the game and play it, Ennedi, and very few can make a claim like that! :thumbsup:

Until next time...
Joan

Toichus Maximus

This looks like a great slope mod! This'll be the one I use if/when released!

Shadow Assassin

QuoteI found that you only got the "digging in" effect when dragging a network down a hill but
never when going uphill

However, it still makes a hill up the top. I hate that too.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

gmavignier

I am very much looking forward to the slope mod. Do you have any idea of when it's coming out?

Silur

Hi, Ennedi ...
I'm in shock and crazy now with Your slope Mod !!!
Excellent work !!! GREAT !!!

Ennedi

A very quick reply:

Shadow Asassin:
1. Highways look good too  :D (look at pictures 15,5.3 and 15,5.4) in my post from December 17th
Quote from: Shadow Assassin on December 18, 2007, 05:19:51 PM
However, it still makes a hill up the top. I hate that too.

You are right SA, all existing mods can make a hill on the top. It's a question of experience to avoid it as Derry says.
But my version makes neither hill on top nor the hole at the bottom  :D

gmavignier: I will finish it on Friday or Saturday, the slope mod will be available in this MD immediately after finishing. I didn't release anything in LEX yet, so I don't know how many days it need (maybe not too much, it's a simple mod)

Silur: Welcome in Shosaloza, your visit is very nice for me, come again!  :thumbsup: It would be very nice to see more people from Russia in SC4D  :)

cameron1991, Pat, TheTeaCat,  rushman5, Yoman, Jmouse, Toichus Maximus: thank you very much, it would be very nice to make your game a bit easier, I will add some comments to the mod, which are not present in existing ones  :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Pat

Adam I cant wait to get ahold of your new slop mod when its ready and friday is almost upon us wooohooo

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jmyers2043

Your slope experiments and test pictures are an interesting read. I spend time in my cities making my railways and highways to have more gradual slopes. I like steeper slopes for roads and streets.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Silur

Hi, Ennedi ...
This is real Great work - Klassno !!!
SC4 Poland Team today is real TEAM !!!
Good Luck ... 

jeronij

I really enjoyed the transit networks in B1 and B2, it seems you really enjoyed making them  :thumbsup: ¡¡¡

Also, those last pictures of your slope mod are fantastic  &apls . It seems you are more lucky than me with them  ;) . However, as you surely have noticed, the lenght of the network has major influence in the slope. Sometimes you can adjust the slope simply drawing a longer or a shorter tram of network. Just some random thoughts about my "old" modding times   ::)  :D 
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary