• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ennedi plays Shosaloza

Started by Ennedi, August 25, 2007, 10:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shanethemain

Ennedi, you are a flat-out master!!!

Thanks always for such inspiring and instructive pics! SC4Devotion is lucky to have you!

And also a special thanks for generously reaching out to quieter community members like myself and taking the time to share your advice and wisdom!

Can't wait to see what all you have in store for us in the future!

Regards,

Shane

meldolion

Grear update Adam!! Your skills with terraforming and landscaping are excellent!!

sebes

Adam, I am shocked and jaleous to see what you are able to do inthis game. Magnificient. I will be silent, go back, and enjoy the poctures from the last 3 updates once more.  :satisfied:   

You're a champion and here is your award: &dance
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Badsim

Hi Adam ,

Very informative work as usual . :thumbsup:
After have seen these pictures , I've decided to give "Missouri Break" a chance ! I agree about the Painted Desert one , my favorite even if I don't intend to use it ( not in phase with my work ) , emilin and Air6 are making wonders with it ... (Air6 isn't present anymore in the MD section , but you can have a look at R6 - Mediterranea - at Toutsimcity.com ...)

Ah ! If gizmo's night Mod  would work like on your picyures (stunning! ) , I'll use it immediately .... ::)

Thanks once more , you're not wasting your time . :thumbsup: :)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

thundercrack83

Put quite simply: Your work amazing, overwhelming, and inspiring!

The terrain mod information will have me playing around for ages, trying to find that perfect one, and those night shots of the bridge and highway are some of the best I've seen! Absolutely magnificent work here, my friend!

Sober

That's some amazing work, it makes me wish that SC4 had actual changing season though. You may have spoiled us all! :P

mattb325

Ennedi. This is amazing! I am in awe of the work that you are doing and the way you show the changing terrain and custom combinations. Impressive enough, but the fact that you create such beauty at the same time is inspirational.  &apls

nedalezz

None of the comments you receive are overstated; you are truely a master of the game. You take a whole new outlook; you break it down scientifically and get down and dirty with details, and the results are outstanding. If they gave out SimCity PHDs, you would be the one TEACHING the hopefuls.

One question: where can I get those highway lights??

tooheys

Adam, I'm lost for words. Your last couple of updates focussing around the river/stream, well, they are exceptional.
I see you have tried to shrug off some of the comments of greatness, but from what I have seen, if you don't think you are there yet, you certainly will be shortly. &apls &apls

I have only just started experimenting with TPW and this MD is truely inspirational. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Dave

capo

Hi Adam, once again you have raised the standard when it comes to rural scenes. Not only are your pics of a stunning beauty I don't see very often, the information you give with it about the terrainmods is very valuable. I think many people who want to try out a terrain mod should first spend some hours here browsing through this MD. Everything one needs to know is here.

I was planning on writing a comment on each picture seperately but I noticed that with every picture the same would come out: Amazing work, excellent use of plopable water and I envy you for your eye for detail. The asphaltwege come out real nice in your landscapes and that stream.....Aquaphilia's from all over the world should visit that stream and I'm sure they'd all fall in love with it.

Please enter 14.19 picture in the picture competition, it deserves to be in the HoF imho!

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

keyboardconfessional

I must say, I'm not normally a big fan of nature shots, and I'm definitely too scared to fiddle around with my game files. Keeping that in mind, this is inspiring and ingenious. (It's hard, everybody feels the same way but we're all saying it differently  :D) Simply fantastic. Everybody has a lot to learn from what goes on here.

What else can you say?

-Jamie
Visit my MD - RIVER'S END.

cameron1991

Wow, excellent update! I love the night effects in the pictures.
The lighting on the support column of the suspension bridge looks perfect!  &apls

paroch

Hi Ennedi,

I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said.  These last updates are both very clever and very interesting.  Plus, of course, they are so fantastic to look at.  I really like the riverside beaches that you have created - they are my personal favourites.

Thanks for showing all this to us.

gmavignier

Amazing CJ. I have not been following the SC community for some time now and what a way to come back. I just went through quickly all of your CJ and it's just amazing. What a way to use the new curve pieces of the NAM on slopes! I wonder if you could spare us your terrain textures. The one you named "Italia" or something and was tweaking the snow and beach levels on your last post with pictures. Keep up the good work!

Ennedi

Hello my friends,

First of all I'm sorry for such long break. I was very busy last few weeks including weekends. I wasn't able to play SC4 all this time.

Fortunately I finished some most difficult (and nervous) work and I started again yesterday.

My time is still limited, so I would ask my viewers for some patience. You know I use to answer for every message, but I can't do it now, I will have more time at the weekend and I will answer to everybody.
Thank you all for your great comments, it's a big pleasure to read them! You are very kind, I only hope these things I show can be useful for some of you. :)

Today's update is rather a teaser than a full sized update. I start to develop two main cities in Shosaloza: Castelferro (B1 tile) and Malecon (B2 tile). They lie in the main valley - look at the region view:

The first thing I want to build is the highway from North to the South connecting these cities. It will go higher than cities, along the slope, and it will have exits in some crucial points.
Such way of building main roads is practiced in many huge alpine valleys, for example if you go from Bolzano (Italy) to the South, along Lago di Como and in many other places.
Here is the traffic view of this area.

I was a bit surprised - I have some RHW here, but I can't see it on the traffic view. Maybe I use wrong Transportation View Mod (Edmonton
transp view mod)?

We start from Castelferro (B1). I started my MD in this city, there is a dam here (I showed it in my first update).
Here is a view from the East, through the side valley. There is a road and railway from Belmont here, they go downhill to the main valley.

Now some views of the highway (let's call it M1 - as in UK ;) )
A view from the North

A continuation with a view to the castle

The castle

The junction near the castle: uphill to Belmont, downhill to the downtown (don't exist yet), to the right - to the South to Malecon

A continuation to the South. You can see the power line along the highway, it is also a common view in big alpine valleys. The power line
leads from the dam, there is a substation at the south city border, one line goes to the South, the second one crosses the river and goes
to the future industrial area.

A compact exit at the south border

And the general view

Now we go to Malecon (B2). It will be the Shosaloza capital city, there will be a seaport here and the important road and railway junction (North - South and East - West).
The exit at the north city border and the bridge leading to the northern city part:

The same place - a view from the West

Now both lanes start to go separate, crossing some valleys and hills

The second exit

This exit is interesting. The highway goes on the slope and there is no place on the east side of it (to the top of picture) to make exits. Exits from both lanes must be build on the west side, and I want to make a realistic junction, with separate lanes.
Looking from left to right: you see exit and entrance to the bottom lane (traffic to the right), then the bottom lane crosses over the upper one, I build exit and entrance to the upper lane (traffic from right to left), and at the end the bottom lane crosses the upper one again and returns to it's right place. Ths way both exits lead in the same direction.
It is also a realistic solution. I saw lanes changing their places on the highway from Milano to Genova (shortly before the sea coast).

The third exit with a bridge, there will be a seaport and the commercial district in this area.

And two general views of this network

A message for RHW/MIS creators:
I think the MIS would work great here, if you want I can test some your solutions on this highway  ;)

That's all for today - as you see, I have some work to do in these two cities  :D

But I have something else for you.
I still play with terrain. I saw in the last update that some of you like my wide beach. So I tried to develop this idea a bit:

What do you think about these dunes? :D

As you see, dunes are higher than the grassy terrain behind them, but they have sand texture (as they should have)
How to do it? Very simple. I opened the Terrain Properties exemplar in the terrain mod and changed two properties:
- I set Max Beach Altitude to 100 meters above the sea level (0x1E), to be able to make high dunes.
- In the same time I set the Max Beach Width to 30 tiles.

I hope it can be useful for somebody  :)

This dune experiment is especially dedicated to Travis (beskhu3epnm). Travis, thank you very much for your continous support and great help!  :thumbsup:
I remember about you last message, it's very interesting and pleasant for me, I will answer very soon!

Thank you again, I think we will meet at weekend  :)

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

meldolion

And you say you have no time to play Shosaloza...... It would me take 2 or 3 years to achieve your results

Awesome update, I really like your junctions :)

Your MD is always a pleasure to see, and source for inspiration  :thumbsup:

Luca

tooheys

The landscape is awesome as always.  :thumbsup:

Impressive road networks although you do have me intrigued with the roundabout on the island.

From what I can see of the dam, well I am lost for words there.  &apls

I am constantly amazed with how well you work with the landscape. Always a learning experience to visit your MD.

Great stuff

Dave

suplado!

awesome terrain...really like the road layout around those huge mountains...really cool!!

capo

Ennedi...those dunes.... :o  :o  :o  :o  :o ....wow... I'm going to take one whole day soon to fully comprehend and use your tutorial on the Terrain Properties because those dunes.....oh man...sorry, I'm really speechless after seeing this 'teaser update' :D

well what can I say? excellent landscapes, excellent road network, excellent landmark, excellent slopes, excellent power grid, excellent nature scenes, excellent dunes and excellent teaser for what is to come.

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

gmavignier

Amazing as always! Not only the dunes, the roads and the bridges but how it all comes together with the dam and the trees... I have no words to express how it looks. When you get the time, post us the terrain textures you use and the water too please, those are amazing. Also I would like to know what kind of tree combination you use that makes it look so natural.

Keep up the good work!