• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ennedi plays Shosaloza

Started by Ennedi, August 25, 2007, 10:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

Luxuriant work once more ..... ::) The coast is just wonderful !  :'(  ... &apls &apls &apls

Your previous update ( with the highway & tunnel ) brings me back to  SAC's Olympia , you should know how that means something for me . ;)

I've seen in the thread "Pictures of users" or (something like that ) , that you have a technical job in real life , and that fact sweats everywhere on your MD . I'm rather working with intuition so that's totally captivating to me ... I've tried some works with slopes .... bah , I'm not near to show you my craps !  :D

Thank you to give me another approach of this game , when this approach is so brilliant . :thumbsup:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

M4346

I've been keeping up-to-date with all of your updates since my introduction to this MD, and I have been more than amazed at and satisfied with the feast for the eyes, and mind, that you have so skilfully and very professionally displayed and shared so willingly with the community.

But why don't you ever comment? I hear you, and others, say / think... because I am usually so overwhelmed with the sheer immensity and beauty of it all that I am at a loss for words and thoughts and then have to, sadly, take a break from it all. :P

Regardless, Adam, this is definitely a masterpiece and I can see that it is well on its way to becoming not only a recognised work of art, but a testament to the determination and willpower of one man to employ all the resources made available by this community in an attempt to reinvent this game!  &apls Of course there are many factors playing a role in this, not the least of them your own talent, abilities and skills.

I applaud you for creating one of my favourite MDs, and definitely, one of the most beautiful and crafty ones around! :thumbsup:

I'll be looking out for the next update! Well done and keep up the good work!  ;D  ()stsfd()

- Marius
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Ennedi

@Marius, don't worry and thank you for such nice comment! :)

To all my friends/visitors: next update today late evening (or immediately after the break in the site maintenance)
I must apologize all of you, especially all authors of last comments. I had really hard work in RL last days, and my time for playing SC4 was very limited.
In addition, I don't like to send only one picture, every time I think if I can show something new and interesting for you.
Also, I have a difficult moment in Shosaloza. I am making separate plugin folders for some cities, and now I should to start two main cities in the region. I have some problems with organizing plugins, dependencies and so on. It simply need some free time, and I hadn't free time at all lately :)

After some experiences on this site I think the greatest pleasure and the best way to meet friends is simply to play sc4, show results in the MD and talk with you :thumbsup:

So, the next update soon!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Ennedi

Welcome my friends, Shozaloza is still alive!
Sorry for double post, but I was feeling obliged to answer to last M's post (Thank you again Marius for nice comment! :thumbsup:)
It seems I must find some balance in my activities ::) I haven't too much free time, and I tried to do too many things in the same time. The result was not satisfied at all :D. I am still working with terrain mods and forests, let's say I know a bit more, but I need more time to show something interesting.
I had also some work in SC4D, the Polish forum started succesfully. I didn't expect the amount of time wchich was needed to do it. The most horrible thing was translating the rules $%Grinno$%. But I had also a great satisfaction, one of my Polish friends written that he was feeling in Cafe Poland as in an embassy  ()stsfd() Thank you very much szymcar!

But as I said Shosaloza is still alive and I'm alive too (however...)

capo: It's a great pleasure to receive such detailed and friendly answer :thumbsup: Mixing these textures and ploppable stuff is fascinating, but it is a long way to achieve some control with them. These are still experiments, and every opinion is very important for me.
About terrain mods - I think it will be interesting, but as I said I need some more time.
As for frutti di mare - I have some other requests yet (baked flounder, a few nice houses and other places to relax...) Whe I will have some free time, I will prepare a holiday offer fo you, there are many nice places in Shosaloza :)

Yoman: Thank you, you are invited to Shosaloza for holidays too :D This port is little and I didn't use all PEG's CDK3 lots, but they are really top quality. As for the bridge - I agree, this is the best place for a great bridge on this map.

patfirefghtr: Thank you Pat, your continous support is very important for me! Yes, it was my intention to make a focal point using this lighthouse. I have found more, some of them really good done, but they were not be clearly visible on general views.

thundercrack83: Thank you Dustin, I'm glad you like it!
These are Mr Snoopy new Toll Stations from Simtropolis.

Shadow Asassin: Thank you, this place must be quiet and relaxing, there will be some very busy places here ;)

Tarkus: Hello Alex, nice to see you! No RL didn't kill me :D
And yes, I forgot: SAM IS GREAT!!!

figui: Thank you, nice to hear you like it! Best wishes for Uruguay! :thumbsup:

jmyers2043: My mind was blank too at the beginning :D
I planned to make my own map, 9x9, hand terraformed. I was thinking about it from the beginning of this year. I made some drawings, written many ideas, but such work need a lot of time. And I wanted to play at last ;D. So one day I decided: Shosaloza is much smaller and it is an excellent map. OK,let's play Shosaloza as an exercise :D
It is very difficult to collect ideas befor beginning. After start, your previous work gives you new ideas and leads you. And of course sometimes you must delete everything what you have built last few days ;D

bat: Thank you, this highway exit is my favourite too :)

Jmouse: Hello Joan, nice to hear your compliment, I must say this coast was difficult for me and I was not sure of the effect :)
Did you order the baked flounder? Here is it  :thumbsup:

Asimov: THank you for your nice words!
As for the road to the lighthouse: You are right, it doesn't look quite good. But to do some nice curves on it I should not only make much terraforming (of course it could be done), but it would be necessary to make some diagonal parts. This street (it is not road) has SAM texture, so I wasn't be able to make diagonal part without damaging this texture. After your comment I tried to do something with it, but it is very difficult beacause of the slope steepness. It is almost maximal for the most flexible slope mods. But I changed the gradient on some parts and it looks better now, maybe I will show it next time.

meldolion: Hello, nice to see you here! Thank you for nice comment!

rooker1: Hello Robin, this is an excellent answer!
I didn't think about our "discussion"  :) as well. Your opinions are always very well thought and never did I think about anything you said as about something offensive :) It is true everybody who want to show a picture should look at it for a while, and it is true many people don't do it. I understand it, because many times I don't know how to look at my picture too :D
I don't pretend to know everything too :D Speaking about working together I was thinking about helping one to another. You know how to analyse problems, so you can give me an important information (good or bad, not only compliments ;)) I like to analyse problems too, so I can tell you something about your work as well. Looking from outside always gives different results.
And you make an analysis of each picture! Exactly as I said - thank you! :thumbsup:

tooheys: Hello Dave, always nice to see you here! Thank you for nice words!
You ask how long? Long :D Let's say I make a village, small town or a district in the big city. First day: terraforming, main transit networks and such things. Second day - utilities and most important objects. Third day - zoning and waiting for surprises :D Fourth (sometimes more) - thinking, repairing, finishing and so on.
But of course it is only the first stage, when grow some neighboring cities the situation changes, and it is necessary to return to each city many times.
In this MD I will also return to all cities we visited now. And I think there will be many differences.
About terraforming and forests - sometimes I must prepare all large city tile and after finishing it I decide to make everything once again.

Schulmanator: Hello, thanks for your visit! :thumbsup:

ManuelR: Welcome in Shosaloza, I'm glad you like it! I saw some of your work and I must say I like it too :thumbsup:

threestoges: Thank you, your comment is very interesting for me. I was not sure about your opinions. There is something common in PEG's and Japanese seashore lots, and I decide to make such experiment. I can't control growables perfectly, I must learn about it much more. I think there are more interesting and effective combinations. I will look for them :)
This lot you asked for is Somy's commercial alley (3x6). You can find it on Somy's site (sorry, I'm too tired now and have too many windows open to give you a link)

Danthe: Thank you very much Mariusz, you are always a very nice guest here!

KACP3R: Hello Kacper, welcome in Shosaloza and in SC4 Devotion! Thank you for nice words, and don't be ashamed of errors :) English is not a native language for most people here ;)

Badsim: Thank you, it's a great pleasure to hear you like this coast, it was difficult to make it ;D

Quote from: Badsim on October 16, 2007, 01:08:41 PM
Your previous update ( with the highway & tunnel ) brings me back to  SAC's Olympia , you should know how that means something for me . ;)

Yes I know, and it is a great compliment for me (maybe too great :))
I saw SAC's pictures showed by you, and I looked at her works at Simphoni, it's very sad she gone away
SAC's work is for me a brilliant example of an independent thinking. This is the only way to discover new lands. Thank you for showing these pictures to others, without you many people wouldn't know anything about them.

As for your working method - It seems there is a lot of thinking and planning in your "working with intuition" :D Every outstanding artist has his own workshop ;)
About slopes - I had two Shosalozas more for experiments, if I would show you them, I'm sure you wouldn't be ashamed of your attempts yet :D
I suggest you to play with terraforming tools - try different sizes (Shift1 - Shift0) and different strength (Shift F1 - Shift F10). Use God Mode valley tool set at Shift 3, Shift F3, the same for the hill tool, try to adjust the size and strength to your hand and then use the tool like a brush :thumbsup:

OK, replies ready, they took me over two hours (I must do it with a dictionary). I must definitely make updates more often :D

The Oshima district is complete. Look at the view from Region Census:

Today we will go first to the little fishing village - Toi. Going through the bridge to the south, you have Toi to the right (over the bridge on pictures below):

There is an oldest fishing port in the district here:

This lot is Somy Fishing Harbour. I saw it sometimes in CJs/MDs, but it never was enough exposed. It is good to look at it from closer distance. It looks modest, but for me it's a masterspiece.

Here is located Nakamura Kabuki Theatre - it is famous in the whole region. It is a favorite meeting place for cultured and open-minded people ;)

Two more views from Toi:

On the picture above you can see another masterspiece: Asphaltwege. You can think "nothing special", but these pieces are made perfectly. All curves are precisel adjusted. There are only 1x1 pieces in this set, and you can make a curved path in a very flexible way.
Andreas, you have beautiful things in SFBT! :thumbsup:

To don't stay too long in the same place, we can go to a trip along the south coast. We were in Hakodate last time, today I want to show you some more pictures.

Our first stop: Malibu Club, very popular among young people. Here at the sunset, a party will begin soon:

Some of Malibu visitors are a bit crazy. Their last favourite entertainment: motorboat race by night (look to the right on the open sea, you will see two bright points) $%Grinno$%

Hakodate - a main commercial alley

And two closeups.
I was always unsatisfied of the unability to make good pictures in the closest zoom. This time I made another attempt and...
An entrance to the ferry

A traffic jam at the harbour gate

Maybe it isn't such bad, what do you think?

Another view from the port

The city center

Now we will go uphill to the lighthouse. Here in the last sunset light I'm not sure if you will like it :))

And at night

And the last point of our trip: a little bay with two fishermen's houses. The road ends here.
You can see seagulls on these pictures. I put here a Seagulls Generator, made for me some time ago by Travis. Thank you my friend, there will be more seagulls in Shosaloza! :thumbsup:

I am very tired today, I think I will stay here... ;)

See you again
Adam

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

thundercrack83

I don't think I've ever seen that fishing harbor in the last picture look more natural in my life! Absolutely stunning, my friend! And thank you for pointing me in the right direction on those tollbooth! Much appreciated!

Jmouse

Ennedi, this is a beautiful update! :thumbsup:
And you have presented it in an absolutely awesome way. Day shots, night shots, zoomed-in shots, zoomed-out shots, inland, seaside and so on.
If anything is difficult for you, it certainly doesn't show. You're doing an exceptional job of creating a thing of beauty. :)
I don't often say this, but I'm really looking forward to more. But can you top that night shot of the lighthouse? Probably so, but it won't be easy!
And the flounder was delicious! Thank you.

Until next time...
Joan

Shadow Assassin

This is a beautiful place with a little touch of Japanese influence. I quite like it.

And your overview pic of the city tile is spectacular. Quite a few shots in that update are prime contenders for the Hall of Fame.
New Horizons Productions
See my uploads on the LEX!

figui

this update took me considerable time to look at $%Grinno$%
nice pics :thumbsup:

i like very much the way you develop the whole shoreline (shorelines are my personal obsession), but the place which caught my attention was the little bay with the fisherman's houses &apls ... very detailed. those seagulls give the place te final great touch (are them available somewhere?)

'til next time!
Mauricio
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

rooker1

Awesome update and great pics, my friend.  I looked these pics over and over to find some faults.  In the ned I can't find any to speak of, sorry.
The region shot looks great. 
It's a good thing there are toll booths on that bridge, otherwise how would it get paid for, unless your government is very rich.
Somy's Fishing Port is awesome, I try to incorporate it always in my cities.  He has done such a good job on it.  The small details he has added to it are perfect and you have positioned it perfect.  I did notice the 1x1 square of concrete to join the road with the Somy's lot, very nice small detail.  It's too bad you couldn't find something with one or the other colour.  But I think it still works. 
BTW, great sidewalk modd, who's is it?
I'm still not too sure about the brick walls you have used through out this region, but at least it is consistant.   Maybe a stone wall may have looked better, as there would be lots of rocks availiable in this region,  ;) but I'm sure you tried that already.
Andreas' asphalt paths are very nice.  I have had the chance to use these on several occasions and I can agree with you perfectly.  They are perfectly made and are very useful.
The Light House pics are beautifully done.  It may have been nice to have terraformed the cliff out a little further on that point.  Maybe so a one square path could be made to a one square space for the Light House.  Than terraform so the cliffs edge comes as close as you can get it, with out detroying the lots.  This could give you the look of erosion, the Light House being there tens of years.  I hope this makes sense.  &mmm  But this is also very nice the way you have done it.  The shore line is very realistically done.
Your patience definately shows in your pics.  Great job my friend and I'll always be glad to give you my opinion on any of your work.

&apls &apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

You added more to the update since I last saw it, and boy, is it even more extraordinary! That peninsula with the lighthouse is absolutely incredible! The amount of detail that you've put into it is astounding! Great work, my good friend! Great work!

iamgoingtoeatyou

the longest time i've spent looking through an update in a while!!! ennedi, you are so talented, you make wonders with this game.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4540/domekrybzgoryuy4.jpg

this pictures has to be the best i've ever seen, the way the smoke is coming out of the chimney, the asphault pieces, the ocean texture, the flora, it all comes together. it amazes me what people can do with this 5 year old came and you are no exception! your details are always the best, from the seagulls to the bus stops, to the cobblestone streets! great work ennedi &apls :thumbsup:

Yoman

The picture posted above by Daniel (Iamgoingtoeatyou) is my favorite also. You've made these new SFBT paths work to perfection. The first time I saw one of your pictures with them I thought it was superb Photoshopping. Clearly this area has its roots in fishing, farming the ocean as they say.

And thank you for the invitation to spend the Holidays, its been accepted :)

M4346

Marvelous harbour town you have there! I really like it, and I especially like your use of Somi's BATs, but also the dolosse;D

The what?! The dolosse!  :thumbsup:

QuoteA dolos (plural dolosse) is an unusually-shaped concrete block weighing up to 20 tons which is used in great numbers to protect harbour walls from the force of the sea. They were developed in East London, a port city in South Africa, in 1963 and are found in their millions around the world.

For more information, and images, follow the link above!  :thumbsup:

I hope I've facilitated in someone learning something new today, as I firmly believe that you should learn something new everyday!  ()stsfd()

I also like how you've utilised the various WFK lots out there, and how, in the region shot, everything ties together! I'm happy to see this is not just a "plop 'n go" MD and that everything ties in and works as a whole!  &apls &apls

Great job my friend!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions

meldolion

OH MY!!!!
these are wonderful puctures!!! I really like the last five, withe the phare :)

keep up the good work  :thumbsup:

capo

Amazing update Ennedi, especially the nature shots are stunning. As soon as I have the time I'm going to download these asfaltwege as well..

I will write a more decent reply here soon, unfortunately there's a lot going on here and I don't have much time these days. Hopefully I can get to SC, SC4D and your MD this weekend again!

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

bat

Wonderful pictures of that city, Ennedi! Also beautiful looking island and lighthouse!  :thumbsup:

LoneRanger

Wow is all I can say!
I started that map ones or twice but never even came even close to what you are doing, simply briljant.  &apls

btw, I knew you were talented refering to the nature pics you posted in the ploppable water thread, those were also amazing.
Keep amaze us!  :thumbsup:

rushman5

Still amazing, everyhintg that has been posted is far superior.  Ennedi, your a SC4 idol to me.

tooheys

Exceptional &apls

The whole area looks great, nice work with the docks and water precincts.

My favourites are the last 5 pictures though. The detail shown here is superb, a pleasure to look at.

Cheers

Dave

Schulmanator

Your pictures make me smile. What a lovely update  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0