• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Prop Pack Question/Issue

Started by stickinc, August 31, 2017, 01:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stickinc

I've been reorganizing my plug in folder and double checking Cleanitol lists, I came upon an issue with BSC MEGA Props - MJB Vol01 and a lot from GrampAl, Li'l Al's Apple Farms, The contains a prop called PropPak_MJB_Apples_vol01 which should be on the removed from the cleanitol list supplied with MJB Vol01. The prop however isn't removed. I checked both dats in reader and noticed something weird. Can someone tell me if what is shown in the attached screenshot is correct. The Mega pack seems to contain a different model then the MJB_Apples, yet the group and instance are the same .  &mmm

twalsh102

Don't go be what the S3D file shows, go by what the FSH file with the same Group and Instance ID shows.  The FSH represents what you see in-game.

I don't pretend to understand all the ins and outs of creating a prop from scratch, but over time, I've found that very often what the S3D file shows and what the FSH file shows are very different.

You can verify this by using one of the lot editors and plopping the prop "MJB-AppleTrees1x1" IID 0x8F1D3653 on some lot as a test.

mgb204

I think the issue is simply a display bug in iLives Reader, because S3D models don't reference their textures with the unique group ID. Rather, they use the Group ID of the S3D to link back to the textures. As such, often when multiple models are in one file, this linking seems to get scrambled. As twalsh102 says, you can at least rely on the FSH textures when browsing these files.

stickinc

Didn't think about checking the two different dats in lot editor. Also didn't know about just referencing the FSH textures. However don't know why Cleanitol missing the PropPak_MJB_Apples_vol01 since it was on the remove list for the Megapack  &mmm.

Thank you both for the help and explanations  :)