• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

DTM (DiagonalTunelMod)

Started by Schimada, April 26, 2017, 02:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schimada

Hello Guys...

This is only a question.  I dont know if anybody have an topic opened for it.
Can we (NAM Team) creat diagonal Tunels?
I know we can throw diagonal Subway lines.
But is in the underground Mode. I know too, we can create diagonal Bridges (Temporare Mod).
If we create a Undergroundlines we Subway that was changed The Pathfiles its can work but it colapsed with real Subwaylines. Or can we changed how deep (tiefe in german) we set a Subwaylines? Elevated Lines works also
Perhaps lines there go deeper?
Or is this all not to doing?

woodb3kmaster

Unless I'm mistaken, tunnel behavior is controlled by the .exe, so there's no way for us to build diagonal tunnels without the subway tool (this is the same reason we can't build RHW tunnels; Maxis never enabled tunnels for the DirtRoad network that we co-opted to create the RHW). Whether it may one day be possible to enable diagonal tunnels with a DLL is more than I can say, but if it happens, it's unlikely be happen anytime soon.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Silur

May be this:
Diagonal Rail Tunnel - Lots - Simtropolis

Schimada

Not only for Rail. For Roads Avenue Highway etc.
But the diagonal Tunel Lots based of Subway i think.
For Raodnetwork, i dont know can it works

Schimada

Quote from: Schimada on April 26, 2017, 04:34:07 AM
Not only for Rail. For Roads Avenue Highway etc.
But the diagonal Tunel Lots based of Subway i think.
For Raodnetwork, i dont know can it works

Edit: sorry i.dont read woods post.
This is what i mean... these are diferrent Networks.

At Woods. RHW cant go in Tunnel? Hmm what is when we changed the original Tunnelentry for Maxishighway  in a Rhw style ? And drag with Maxis highway the Tunnel?
I know from Maxis Highwayoverwright. Can this be a chace?
the NWM based of normal Roads or? I means dragibel by Roads but an Avenue is a 2 way side by side owr.
I dont know momen... can owr go in Tunnel?
And a Highway also a side by side owr or not

mgb204

In short we can only make "real" tunnels for those networks and directions that were originally in the game. So that's Ortho only for MHY, Ave, Road, Rail and Monorail. Anything else needs to be made using "tricks", like subway converter lots. It's possible to have diagonal tunnel portals, but few have been made so far. Either way, it's unlikely you'll see such things in the NAM, since add-ons like this don't really fall within the scope of the project.

Schimada

Ok then we can close this topic^^